RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LightsOut

NZ TAB said 'we need to spend millions'...

on a new betting platform to be competitive with the rest of the world, just more bullshit sold to the Industry. Penrith vs Newcastle at half time score 14-6 Panthers and they turn the tap off on the Panthers after having them at $1.01 while the rest of the world were $1.04  and Betfair $1.06. If you are only offering $14 on one team and close book on the other team pay out all the bets on them.

You would call them fleas but that would be insulting the flea's of the world. Close the book and while your at it close your business down your cluless. Your going that bad you cant take 100k at $1.04 with 40 minutes to go give up and sack yourselves. 

They have little clues, but hang on in there as they are there to be plucked as they have sacked the downstairs brains who set the odds. Upstairs have no idea. It's a goldmine for us. 

Yesterday at the dogs they gave a free bet if your dog finished in the first four in a four dog race.  Bookmaking crazy

Get in but clean your account ever race day as they will fall over. It is inevitable, they will be gone by December and an Ozzie outfit will get the NZ Tab for nothing. 

Ha ha free bet if your dog finished 4th in 4 runner race beautiful. Obviously they changed the wording on that race from 'if your win bet on a greyhound doesn't win but runs 2nd-4th we will give you up to $30 in bonus bets to 'have a bet on any runner in the race and we will credit you up to $30 in bonus bets' at least that doesn't sound so stupid. 

53 minutes ago, LightsOut said:

on a new betting platform to be competitive with the rest of the world, just more bullshit sold to the Industry. Penrith vs Newcastle at half time score 14-6 Panthers and they turn the tap off on the Panthers after having them at $1.01 while the rest of the world were $1.04  and Betfair $1.06. If you are only offering $14 on one team and close book on the other team pay out all the bets on them.

You would call them fleas but that would be insulting the flea's of the world. Close the book and while your at it close your business down your cluless. Your going that bad you cant take 100k at $1.04 with 40 minutes to go give up and sack yourselves. 

14-14 full time  ha

Just shows the reason why the NZ TAB should not be in the business of bookmaking and why the new platform will never pay for itself.

Take bets at $1.04 and your only paying out half making good money. Just once again proves how clueless the management are and why the Industry is in financial strife.

1 hour ago, LightsOut said:

Ha ha free bet if your dog finished 4th in 4 runner race beautiful. Obviously they changed the wording on that race from 'if your win bet on a greyhound doesn't win but runs 2nd-4th we will give you up to $30 in bonus bets to 'have a bet on any runner in the race and we will credit you up to $30 in bonus bets' at least that doesn't sound so stupid. 

Do you think it's good business the tab paying out 3 place diveys in  small fields on fixed odds?

Was on course with Robbie Waterhouse at Te Rapa in the early 90s flew up to experience it, was an absolute joke posted odds 10% below tab odds - spoke to him and he said no turnover, no price he basically told me kiwi punters weren't aggressive and played on favourites, the bookies nightmare

CJC has a guy in the old National stand doing it 15 years ago was great atmosphere and he was around or over tab odds but I understand he got thumped by a local trainer and lost 25k in one bet and was gone. He was good too. 

On 5/31/2020 at 7:41 PM, TurnyTom said:

They have little clues, but hang on in there as they are there to be plucked as they have sacked the downstairs brains who set the odds. Upstairs have no idea. It's a goldmine for us. 

Yesterday at the dogs they gave a free bet if your dog finished in the first four in a four dog race.  Bookmaking crazy

Get in but clean your account ever race day as they will fall over. It is inevitable, they will be gone by December and an Ozzie outfit will get the NZ Tab for nothing. 

Can i get a 1000 on NZTAB being gone by December and sold to Oz bookmaker for nothing.

Greg

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

Can i get a 1000 on NZTAB being gone by December or are you just another keyboard bullshitter.

Greg

Hi Greg

You really must work for RITA as you are wanting a bet without knowing the odds :rcfe-laughing: 

To a lot of customers the odds are the main reason for taking a bet. 

10 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

JJ you weren't the Dog Bookie who set them up for a hit were you

No but I'm also not the idiot who said the TAB would be broke by December and in the hands of  Ozzies . Put up or shut time Tom and I think we a know your running already 

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

No but I'm also not the idiot who said the TAB would be broke by December and in the hands of  Ozzies . Put up or shut time Tom and I think we a know your running already 

Greg

Hi Greg

His statement is not that outlandish, RITA/TAB was two days away from being broke till it got $50M from Winston Peters.  $27M was needed for immediate debts. 

During lockdown RITA have been making changes, however these changes can hardly be classified as revenue growing. We could potentially find that RITA turnover post lockdown is much further down than anticipated. Hopefully not. 

I have a friend that works for Australian bookmaker and he said during lockdown their turnover is way up. Reason for this is that apparently 30% of aussie turnover is done in clubs, pubs and TAB outlets. With these closed customers have set up some new online accounts. This will have happened in NZ to some extent too. 

RiTAs model for growth seems to be to produce a worse product (Less presenters, less cameras, less face to face betting, less prize money, less quality horses etc) and get the government to make it law that we must do our betting on this, through a shit overpriced betting platform. 

Don’t get me wrong I think Dean is obviously very capable and the RITA board have all been professionally successful but this current ruination of our domestic product is very concerning and appears to me (little experience) to be short sighted. 

11 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi Greg

You really must work for RITA as you are wanting a bet without knowing the odds :rcfe-laughing: 

To a lot of customers the odds are the main reason for taking a bet. 

Dont work for RITA or previous crowd.

Your correct about price sensitivity 

Greg

45 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi Greg

His statement is not that outlandish, RITA/TAB was two days away from being broke till it got $50M from Winston Peters.  $27M was needed for immediate debts. 

During lockdown RITA have been making changes, however these changes can hardly be classified as revenue growing. We could potentially find that RITA turnover post lockdown is much further down than anticipated. Hopefully not. 

I have a friend that works for Australian bookmaker and he said during lockdown their turnover is way up. Reason for this is that apparently 30% of aussie turnover is done in clubs, pubs and TAB outlets. With these closed customers have set up some new online accounts. This will have happened in NZ to some extent too. 

RiTAs model for growth seems to be to produce a worse product (Less presenters, less cameras, less face to face betting, less prize money, less quality horses etc) and get the government to make it law that we must do our betting on this, through a shit overpriced betting platform. 

Don’t get me wrong I think Dean is obviously very capable and the RITA board have all been professionally successful but this current ruination of our domestic product is very concerning and appears to me (little experience) to be short sighted. 

This is an insightful post. You are right Shane but the problem still lies with the execution of a business model that remains unclear. On the 14th December (seems like such a long time ago) an internal note recommended approaching the Minister for a bailout of $21m. This was later revised to $26m (coincidentally the amount they were going to default on) and then Covid did its thing.

What is obvious is that there seems to be little in the way of direction in respect of strategy. The reason the bookmakers did/ are doing well through a lock down is exactly as Share said, if you like gambling and went to the local to do it, then you needed to get on-line. Just take a look at how many people started getting their favourite produce on-line. I supported the local butcher because I thought it unfair to both the farmers and the butcher that they couldn't sell their stuff but it was OK that we give our money to the Australian sharks who own the supermarkets. Figure that. So I bought my meat on-line. Dam good meat too I might add.

So what strategy was made public to RITA's customers to get them betting? Nothing. In there lies the problem.

3 minutes ago, Stables said:

It is my understanding that the Australian Government has already introduced legislation preventing Australians from betting on overseas betting agencies

If this is true, it must be taken in context that Australia probably still has at least 10 bookmakers to choose from, hence still competition. 

NZ wants just the TAB. To make matters worse we still want to be able to let overseas customers use our TAB. Can’t have cake and eat it. 

59 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Not outlandish at all, I suspect a further bailout will be required this year and it will not be given, herein the potentia sale. My odds very short

What odds are you offering on this and how much can we get set for. C'mon son put your balls on the line and back up your stupidity

Greg