RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

On course betting terminals.

26 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I do find no radio a huge letdown,as I posted before what benefits if any do they get from tv being on sky,is anybody aware that trackside is on spark sport?

Very little, probably the most stupid decision they made and thats saying something, well top 5 stupid decisions. They were told it was a stupid idea by most of the industry at the time , but as is the case in this industry listening and comprehension skills are non existent.

It was interesting when aussie and here were in lockdown and aussie kept racing the surge in interest with racing being the only game in town,it even got a mention on mainstream media,once sports starts again it will be pushed in to the background again but all the sports are on pay to view,if racing did have free to air it must offer lots of positives,not everyone wants or can afford pay tv,it makes the product more available.

3 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

The Cambridge Raceway's recent email to members proudly states that they will have totalisator windows at their next race meeting.

If this had appeared two years ago in a newsletter one would wonder what sort of hallucinogenic drug they had been on.

But will there be anyone behind them TN....?? 🤔

On 6/8/2020 at 1:02 PM, mikenz said:

It was interesting when aussie and here were in lockdown and aussie kept racing the surge in interest with racing being the only game in town,it even got a mention on mainstream media,once sports starts again it will be pushed in to the background again but all the sports are on pay to view,if racing did have free to air it must offer lots of positives,not everyone wants or can afford pay tv,it makes the product more available.

Except you don't need pay tv to get the Trackside channels. We don't have it. Just a sky decoder and card which costs $18/mo. It comes with the other satellite free to air channels. I don't think anyone who can't afford that, price of a takeaway coffee once a week, is going to be helping turnover much. Don't understand why people keep saying this bs.

12 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Except you don't need pay tv to get the Trackside channels. We don't have it. Just a sky decoder and card which costs $18/mo. It comes with the other satellite free to air channels. I don't think anyone who can't afford that, price of a takeaway coffee once aa week, is going to be helping turnover much. Don't understand why people keep saying this bs.

Good info

I was on course at Cambridge harness in the skyline lounge on Thursday, and just happened to sit facing the 1 SST and operator terminals so kept an eye on both throughout the evening out of interest. The operator terminals did a steady trade all evening, with very few gaps between customers. I saw the SST used by 3 ppl, once each all evening(I did miss race 1). Not hard to see what peoples natural preference is on course

On 6/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, TurnyTom said:

Thank god they reversed that decision. 

Had they maintained many would have given racing away, looks like they heard that

you on course today Tom ? Be good to grab a beer if you are.

Heavy track. All horses fresh after forced breaks. Big fields..

Looks like a punting challenge :) Or potential carnage

2 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Easybets  trifectas($8)  today on every race like the last 2 meetings  with the lack of current form to go by thats what I did just for interest sake and surport turnover made a profit at Pukee no good Thursday.

22 hours ago, bus stop said:

Easybets  trifectas($8)  today on every race like the last 2 meetings  with the lack of current form to go by thats what I did just for interest sake and surport turnover made a profit at Pukee no good Thursday.

Hard to argue with that strategy bus stop.  I thought it might be carnage and it was. Still great to be on course and have a beer

On 6/27/2020 at 6:25 AM, chelseacol said:

Big birthday party for wifey 65th, so restaraunting last 3 days so didn't pop out 

On course on 11th, catch up for a beer then

Looked tough yesterday, but didn't have a go but pencilled in impecuniousity this pony is very good

Tom