RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
yorky

sergio

Care to explain?I asked if you think people should just put there dog straight in a 700m plus race after only having started in a 520m race having therefore no exposide form over ground.Is this good for the punter or dog?

Henry, 600 mtr races are a new phenomenon in NZ. Before they came into vogue you just went from middle distance racing to 700+ races. You do not need a stepping stone between. A competent trainer will know if his dog will run the journey. My favourite track used to be QE11 where the distance was 805 mtrs, sometimes in mud. Wellington was 755, Dunedin 770, Auckland 779, none of these tracks had a 600 mtr start until recent times, so dogs just stepped up to the 700+ distance. There wasn't any problems. 6OO mtr races were introduced through pressure from certain trainers that had dogs that were not true distance dogs but rather animals that were always running on over 500+ but not true distance athletes. In my opinion 600 mtr races are poor betting mediums, and detract from real distace racing.

every dog has his day in the sun.

he is a good old aussie dog who will need to find lengths to win the final or even run a place.

all the best to harding he,s had the guts to go back over with a dog thats been sent to kiwiland.

(i certainly would not have )

maybe you would have Lindsay? you were a "great trainer" before you "retired" ??

has lindsay retired what a shame nz loses another top trainer

every dog has his day in the sun.

he is a good old aussie dog who will need to find lengths to win the final or even run a place.

all the best to harding he,s had the guts to go back over with a dog thats been sent to kiwiland.

(i certainly would not have )

maybe you would have Lindsay? you were a "great trainer" before you "retired" ??

do we detect the bitter taste of sour grapes

Henry, 600 mtr races are a new phenomenon in NZ. Before they came into vogue you just went from middle distance racing to 700+ races. You do not need a stepping stone between. A competent trainer will know if his dog will run the journey. My favourite track used to be QE11 where the distance was 805 mtrs, sometimes in mud. Wellington was 755, Dunedin 770, Auckland 779, none of these tracks had a 600 mtr start until recent times, so dogs just stepped up to the 700+ distance. There wasn't any problems. 6OO mtr races were introduced through pressure from certain trainers that had dogs that were not true distance dogs but rather animals that were always running on over 500+ but not true distance athletes. In my opinion 600 mtr races are poor betting mediums, and detract from real distace racing.

There was a problem some did not cut it,Some just made up numbers as they could not see it out,Just the same thing that would happen if you were made to run sprinters over 520 they would run it but how fast and for how long.You could take dogs like Blue lorian who won at wenty sat,most racing has been over 700m but he has been in and won many 600m races,Or Dash of shiraz who runs home strong was 1st tried over 600m way before they steped him up to 700m racing.Slick lee the same can be said and they are all way above the stayers we have every had here.

think the sun has long gone down on you Denis, your past history with Mr Harding aside give credit where credit is due, he put his money where his mouth is and gave it a crack.

Win,lose or draw has given other kiwi trainers hope that yes we can win a big race in aussie one day and I wish him all the luck.

Well Yorky, Sergio made the final on his merits that cant be denied.At least Gary had the guts to take the Dog he believed in and gave him the chance to prove he was good enough to compete with the best.To make the final is a accomplishment on its own.I believe this will open doors for Trainers,Owners and Greyhound racing.I know Gary is overwhelmed with all the phone calls,faxes and all the good wishes he and connections have received.So Good luck for the Final whether Sergio wins or not He has done us proud.

With the full story except someone lost the plot when they made the statement that it was great to see NZ dogs could compete with the best in Aust.

Phar Lap in reverse

top run only now needs luck like the draw

Should he win all us Kiwis will be claiming him as ours, Now this race is doing what greyhounds need, fun passion and a champion to chear on, love it, GO BOY GO

Cheers Warren Bronson

Should he win all us Kiwis will be claiming him as ours, Now this race is doing what greyhounds need, fun passion and a champion to chear on, love it, GO BOY GO

Cheers Warren Bronson

Why all this fuss about Sergio? He is not the first dog to go over to Oz there have been many others in the past and I don't think many of them were disgraced.

Good luck to Sergio in the final (as long as a win does not bring Wassa back into the NZ fold) but I don't think any of Wassa's trainers are involved with Sergio's preparation,I hope not. :rolleyes:

Why all this fuss about Sergio? He is not the first dog to go over to Oz there have been many others in the past and I don't think many of them were disgraced.

Good luck to Sergio in the final (as long as a win does not bring Wassa back into the NZ fold) but I don't think any of Wassa's trainers are involved with Sergio's preparation,I hope not. :rolleyes:

Thats the way wreck the best sight that this forume has ever had, nice work there Superstar, u da man, now lets try again,

Go Sergio Go;

Cheers Warren Bronson

gee grahame how long you been a superstar thats the first time he hasnt used any derogatory comments

what a true F...wit- your still a Noob