SORRY FOR THE OUTAGE WE TRANSFERRED TO A NEW SERVER...HOPE ALL GOOD NOW.

27 minutes ago, Stables said:

All court procedures are recorded. It will just be a question of if there has been a suppression order on any of the proceedings

It is my understanding that all the defendants have name suppression at the moment.  If they are found not guilty, as it seems most will from what I have read on here, then I would assume they will have Permanent name suppression.  Or am I wrong?  Not quite sure how it works

2 hours ago, Stables said:

Yes that would be correct. I think the only way we will find out what happened will be when the RIU lay charges against each of them

Hopefully the RIU don't win the LEGAL right to the information collected by the Organised Crime Squad.

59 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

Why 

That information was gathered as part of a criminal investigation and was being tested in front of Judge Raoul Neave last week.

The RIU have their own team for investigating and prosecuting breaches of the rules of racing. I would go as far as saying the information would be really dangerous in the hands of the RIU.

The matter is finished as far as the courts are concerned. The RIU has no legal right to access information gathered in a criminal inquiry. All charges have been discharged by Judge Neave. The RIU do not have to meet the same standard of evidence as the court system and they can lay charges and bring convictions on a much lower standard of evidence

2 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

So you must think there is some information that may harm some people that are in charges then

I am not sure what is in there but I am guessing there would be for example pages and pages of bank statements that would not be a racing matter.

2 hours ago, Stables said:

The matter is finished as far as the courts are concerned. The RIU has no legal right to access information gathered in a criminal inquiry. All charges have been discharged by Judge Neave. The RIU do not have to meet the same standard of evidence as the court system and they can lay charges and bring convictions on a much lower standard of evidence

All charges !!

You sure ?

That’s fantastic if it’s true 

Kotare Hunter your broad attitude is deeply concerning.

Neave was always throwing most charges out. Notwithstanding the fact he’s an idiot, a lot of them had no criminal basis. And the ones that did were minor at best. But from a rules of racing stand point the breaches are many and the industry should rightfully expect they are dealt with appropriately.

How anyone can think differently to that is beyond me. 

6 hours ago, Toblerone said:

The potential stick in the mud would be a Crown appeal to the High Court. 

6 hours ago, Toblerone said:

The potential stick in the mud would be a Crown appeal to the High Court. 

On what basis....Neave ruled on the basis the evidence is unsafe ( orchestrated ) and no reasonable jury could convict a defendant based on such evidence 

Where do you see any grounds for appeal ?

P4P, As far as I know all cases that have been presented to Judge Neave so far, have been dismissed. There is still one charge of assault that will be faced by a prominent driver. This will be heard in June. The case is not related to the Inca investigation

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

On what basis....Neave ruled on the basis the evidence is unsafe ( orchestrated ) and no reasonable jury could convict a defendant based on such evidence 

Where do you see any grounds for appeal ?

I don’t see any grounds for appeal, but would you put it past plod as a cynical ploy?

3 hours ago, Stables said:

P4P, As far as I know all cases that have been presented to Judge Neave so far, have been dismissed. There is still one charge of assault that will be faced by a prominent driver. This will be heard in June. The case is not related to the Inca investigation

But it is a driver who was charged in the Inca investigation!

I’m familiar with that charge, and I’m told it was dealt with at the time it occurred by the Police, and there was nothing that warranted charges .. but then the RIU went to the alleged victim some time later and persuaded that person to revisit the issue and pursue charges through the Police, which they have now done