RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Carmia Matanna

Vale Mike Martin

Condolences to you and the family. I only knew your folks to say g'day to at the races , but Mike was a straight shooter. My friends the Laaglands spoke highly of him.

Pammie & i are in great shock with the news of our great friend Mikes passing. mike was our "Rock" during Davids sudden passing and gave us great inspiration & motivation in our loss . we will sadly miss our regular discussions.sincere condolences to Linda, Brian & family. Rest in peace mike ,thank you for being a great friend.

Pammie & Denis Schofield

A man who called a spade a spade....his reply from ten years ago.....

Pickel said:
I can still hear Murray Burns exclaiming "Thpadeworthy, he'th back to the track, and he'th back to hith betht"

And not a dry eye in the house.

I had forgot about Peters sabbatical and Murray Burns.

On the strength of that I will have to immediately withdraw my comment of you having no knowledge of greyhound racing, and I guess your summing up of Little Mother probably means I should withdraw my comment about her as well. However although your unfortunate geographical location gives you some kind of defence on the remaining point of the red and black eye patch I will have to leave that in place after your list of best ever in previous years.

Rest in Peace

My sincerest condolences Brian, to you and mum. 

Mike and I had many conversations in recent times. He was indeed a good bastard, a passionate man who was loyal to those who mattered to him. He always called a spade a spade and I totally appreciated his candour. It does not make it any easier knowing this was coming, I will miss him and our chats very much. To you GOM, be at peace, my friend. Thank you for sharing your time.

Hei maumaharatanga ki te tino hoa.
Em.

Rest In Peace my friend.

You & Linda trained some really good dogs over the years including the father to my girl when she was racing (Chris' Pride).

Your comments & friendly banter will be missed on here.

Linda Brian and Family

So sorry for the passing of Mike.

A man with such a constant work ethic for fairness at all levels of this sport.

In my early days of training I went to Hutt Park and met Mike and Linda.
I was so impressed with the fitness and magnificent condition of their bitch "Spades".
I declared to myself that day, that I would always endeavour to present my dogs in a similar condition.
I have never forgotten that day.

I will always remember Mike as a stalwart for those with lesser opportunity than others.

Ray Adcock

Saddened to hear of Mike's passing,had spoken a few times and i loved following the martin dogs.Mike and Linda always had a good dog born and bred at home of course too.

He was a fan of mine which was a priviledge as clearly he knew what it took to be a good greyhound caller.

Taken far too soon and he will be sadly missed.Deepest sympathy to Linda,Brian and the whole martin family on your loss.

NZ greyhound racing is all the poorer without him.

Jason Teaz