RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Silver Fox: I'm not ready to give up just yet

On 5/28/2020 at 1:14 PM, slam dunk said:

Interesting the bit about racing Board being disinterested in operating radio as a standalone business enterprise. 

Thats one of the key problems right through the industry. The idea that the percentage take from gambling is the only form of revenue. The so called managers obviously weren't interested in operating the media side as a business as any losses just came of the amount distributed to horse owners.

But the real criminal action is getting out of radio and downsizing TV without any inclination to allow private interests to move in. In other words the senior managers knowing that their plush lifestyles will soon end are deliberately sabotaging racing as their parting shot. The way RITA is going about this downsizing is worse than the previous admin creating the disaster.

If Des Coppins gets a voice on loveracing.co.nz I hope he cuts the diplomatic spiel  and gets down to the chase.

Having a voice with Loveracing would be a waste of time .Question anything on that site and you get a private email warning you to toe the line or your barred :)

On 5/28/2020 at 10:23 PM, nzhorseracing said:

Des is very good, great charisma and a world of knowledge, irreplaceable and we have no one quite like him in NZ.

But... Radio is old fashioned, for a new audience it was difficult to follow. As a punter who enjoyed his broadcast's I was frustrated when i missed a good interview, it wasn't quickly uploaded or accessible, if it was uploaded it never had bookmarks for key interviews and information. 

I hope he can look into setting up a remote studio and start his own podcast, he doesn't need the TAB or the Radio to do things better than before.

Here here. Where have you been . Why do we need to be dependent on RITA and be at their beck and call.

Lets go it alone. Create our own media channels be it radio, tv, video what ever. User pay or not.

We have the expertise on all fronts (personal and  access to funding) which simply needs to be coordinated, 

We need to stop bitching individually and bring together our collective strength.

The same applies in politics where our co ordinated strength, if used right would give us our own MP.

For now lets try and reinstate our media coverage and subject to the outcome move on from there.

Before progressing we need to see that this is what you really want.?

Email me  before 4 May  if you support the concept and the responses will determine future action.

To begin I envisage a Steering Committee of nine people of mixed denomination to kick start this campaign and co opt along the way.

I would like this to simple and effective as the common goal is known.

Ivan W Mc Nicholl

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

Ivan it is well past 4 May or are you leaving it open until May next year.

As to nine denominations, is that Catholic, Protestant or other similar religious groups or alternatively denominations of coins and bank notes.

Just saying....:D 

June of course but thanks for pointing out my typo.

Nine means nine people on a steering committee.

Denominations means racing codes. gallops. trots and dogs.

Next time I will stick to plain simple English and be less eloquent.

9 hours ago, iwmcn said:

June of course but thanks for pointing out my typo.

Nine means nine people on a steering committee.

Denominations means racing codes. gallops. trots and dogs.

Next time I will stick to plain simple English and be less eloquent.

Contact Noel Edmonds and see if you can get a channel set up......great concept he has set up.

https://positivity.radio

On 6/4/2020 at 2:27 PM, gubellini said:

Des has got to come back if only to have an on air interview with Kevin Myers! About the only thing he hasn’t achieved in racing.

He dosnt talk to idiots and bludgers and plus now there will be more sponsorship money available for stakes at Trentham.

14 hours ago, fermoy said:

He dosnt talk to idiots and bludgers and plus now there will be more sponsorship money available for stakes at Trentham.

To me that means he doesn't talk to the guys who have driven the industry into the ground. He's too much Mr Nice Guy and doesn't ask the hard questions and won't put these guys on the spot. Just mho.