RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
2Piper

Are you betting Tomorrow ?

Where's the comments for every runner for Thursdays Addington meeting TAB ?  Not a great start in encouraging betting is it ?

Anyone got tips they wanna share other than the ones the TAB are giving  ? 

13 minutes ago, Stables said:

Have a look at the HRNZ website

Thanks, thats better as  has race line comments but  still no general comment. Think no 8 may have the goods / ringcraft for the first.

As expected the selections of the usual and main 'form' folk Cross , O'Conner and Guerin are on the HRNZ website....as is a video discussion and preview with the Whale.

Plus Cran Dalgety gives us a couple of winners !

The trainers who kept these horses 'ticking over' with some exercise and care over the lockdown need our support at this difficult time when clearly the Industry is close to being broke and facing many challenges.

Us owners too of course....still paying 100% of all expenses ,knowing returns will be even less than usual[ which was poor !] ,now racing for lower stakes than previous and gone are the promises of better stakes to come in near future.

Us owners know the trainers and the staff are relying on our continued involvement for them to continue their careers ,livelihoods ...many know little else.

I gather from the cynicism on these forums that you crucial folk the punter , are in some cases enjoying the capitulation of the Industry/sport and hoping it continues to struggle !

In the past much criticism has been heaped on the tipsters, TV presenters , TAB staff ,commentators etc but now they been all mostly laid off the venom now firmly toward  the administrators.

Yes ,they need a real hurry up ,but the BETTING is absolutely crucial ,and if the regulars are bad mouthing the return of the sport then really there is little hope.

Oncourse attendance among us has dropped off over the years , our betting has dropped and Aussies bet more on our racing than we do but now is the time to look at what keeps the Industry alive.

Its YOU......stop moaning ,whinging and telling us the negatives. Start supporting and BETTING !

Attitudes are contagious.....is yours worth catching ?

2 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

As expected the selections of the usual and main 'form' folk Cross , O'Conner and Guerin are on the HRNZ website....as is a video discussion and preview with the Whale.

Plus Cran Dalgety gives us a couple of winners !

The trainers who kept these horses 'ticking over' with some exercise and care over the lockdown need our support at this difficult time when clearly the Industry is close to being broke and facing many challenges.

Us owners too of course....still paying 100% of all expenses ,knowing returns will be even less than usual[ which was poor !] ,now racing for lower stakes than previous and gone are the promises of better stakes to come in near future.

Us owners know the trainers and the staff are relying on our continued involvement for them to continue their careers ,livelihoods ...many know little else.

I gather from the cynicism on these forums that you crucial folk the punter , are in some cases enjoying the capitulation of the Industry/sport and hoping it continues to struggle !

In the past much criticism has been heaped on the tipsters, TV presenters , TAB staff ,commentators etc but now they been all mostly laid off the venom now firmly toward  the administrators.

Yes ,they need a real hurry up ,but the BETTING is absolutely crucial ,and if the regulars are bad mouthing the return of the sport then really there is little hope.

Oncourse attendance among us has dropped off over the years , our betting has dropped and Aussies bet more on our racing than we do but now is the time to look at what keeps the Industry alive.

Its YOU......stop moaning ,whinging and telling us the negatives. Start supporting and BETTING !

Attitudes are contagious.....is yours worth catching ?

Gary - why are they worrying about letting Aussies into the country and chinese - /goff wans all their students - but they apparently refuse to open courses both race & workout.     Why do they deserve my support when they not only bar us from our own clubs but let us get pissed in a boozer whenever we want to.     Gary, in my opinion they rather see Lotto do well and no doubt they trying to entice us there.      Gary, do you think we should be barred from our own clubs when if we a member of an RSA it's fine.     Why should I throw my pension away (I'm a shit gambler) when I can't even get to watch it disappear?      Am I angry with HRNZ and RITA for the effort they are putting in to get us all back on course?    Damn right I am.    And yes, I have been off my arse on the subject not just bitching in social media under a n-d-p.      But miracles will happen, everything will change on 1st June when guess what - Winston's mates horses go back to racing.

25 minutes ago, eljay said:

Gary - why are they worrying about letting Aussies into the country and chinese - /goff wans all their students - but they apparently refuse to open courses both race & workout.     Why do they deserve my support when they not only bar us from our own clubs but let us get pissed in a boozer whenever we want to.     Gary, in my opinion they rather see Lotto do well and no doubt they trying to entice us there.      Gary, do you think we should be barred from our own clubs when if we a member of an RSA it's fine.     Why should I throw my pension away (I'm a shit gambler) when I can't even get to watch it disappear?      Am I angry with HRNZ and RITA for the effort they are putting in to get us all back on course?    Damn right I am.    And yes, I have been off my arse on the subject not just bitching in social media under a n-d-p.      But miracles will happen, everything will change on 1st June when guess what - Winston's mates horses go back to racing.

77 horses going round at the Oamaru trials,  but neither I nor the other two spectators allowed to watch. Crazy. Then they want our betting dollars. In a word, No.

This is what Winston called his rejuvenation of the industry Ludwig.      And our industry leaders say nothing because the free breakfasts are more important!

Talking of trials/workouts Auckland have dramatically shrunk - only 28 horses.   No doubt all at races Cambridge Sunday except for Barry Purdon (5) who never travels for minor meetings.

3 hours ago, eljay said:

Cheer up Lloyd...June 1 only 3 days away...gallops on July 1 but hopefully these stupid rules changed a bit before that.

I checked your table today .......still there , a bit of painting etc happening to welcome you back.

The TAB staff ....well the 2 x remaining were there, bar/cafe open and pokies room full.

Addington races looked good on the TV, not much being bet........Lonestar up and running and apartments taking shape .

Yea we been there for lunch 2 or 3 times.     Were there Tuesday      Chinese restaurant was spruced up over the break.     Stupid though isn't it - can watch live from Lone Star but not from your own club.    Probably can go to the Grand Park as well.       Yeah sorry - I meant July.     Sure to be some  sneak into the trials tomorrow - don't see the problem.   Usually only 20 or so owners there anyway, but it's a crime!   Ha ha.     Winston will make sure his gallops friends will be able to go but that lady has probably dug her toes in - not quite seeing eye to eye with Sir Winston at the moment.   I bet he reminds her at times how she got to be PM!!

13 minutes ago, eljay said:

Yea we been there for lunch 2 or 3 times.     Were there Tuesday      Chinese restaurant was spruced up over the break.     Stupid though isn't it - can watch live from Lone Star but not from your own club.    Probably can go to the Grand Park as well.       Yeah sorry - I meant July.     Sure to be some  sneak into the trials tomorrow - don't see the problem.   Usually only 20 or so owners there anyway, but it's a crime!   Ha ha.     Winston will make sure his gallops friends will be able to go but that lady has probably dug her toes in - not quite seeing eye to eye with Sir Winston at the moment.   I bet he reminds her at times how she got to be PM!!

re the last line is probably about right.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:45 AM, mikenz said:

I notice there are people betting on race 1,why,do they support the board?

Its called gambling and peeps have been doing it for centuries. Plus, money punted has money deducted for future stakes to run races. If it sounds like i explaining this like one would to a  5yr old then your right.Who is this nutter

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Its called gambling and peeps have been doing it for centuries. Plus, money punted has money deducted for future stakes to run races. If it sounds like i explaining this like one would to a  5yr old then your right.Who is this nutter

Greg

Well on one hand everyone hates the decision makers and then lo and behold they ain't  got enough strength to bring the real nutters to account who made all the mismanagement ideas that caused the mess  in the first,so just keep betting and they will just keeping making more and more backward decisions if you accept arrogance then just keep supporting it,

29 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Well on one hand everyone hates the decision makers and then lo and behold they ain't  got enough strength to bring the real nutters to account who made all the mismanagement ideas that caused the mess  in the first,so just keep betting and they will just keeping making more and more backward decisions if you accept arrogance then just keep supporting it,

Oh Dear,

Just try and keep up.Latest NZRB board,CEO and CFO are gonnnnne. Have been for quite some time. After spending all the reserves smashing the balance sheet Winnie basically got rid of the lot of them and brought in a new board and executive chair. They have set about taking the axe to costs to keep the TAB going albeit with a little bit of help recently from Government. How you could say

33 minutes ago, mikenz said:

they will just keeping making more and more backward decisions if you accept arrogance then keep supporting them

You clearly have no idea whats been going on in the last 6 months and to suggest that people not betting will help says your in need of help.

Are you from Marlborough by chance?

Greg