RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

230 TAB staff given marching orders - leaders still there

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Don’t agree. Presenters here add very little to increasing revenue.....credibility is the key.

The Australians have people who know the industry, the horses, the form...compare Duff, Lizzy Jelfs, the Get On crew ( Hutch and Marshall particularly)and others with what we have...no contest. When Lizzy picks one out in the yard the betting on that horse goes up immediately...that’s value.

Hi Ohakaman

Maybe to an experienced punter like yourself they offer little value.  But to new or green punters they listen to them for a while.  Then they make their own choices.

In my nearly 50 years of punting Jason Teaz is the best tipster I've come across...….by a mile.....

Regardless of code...….he nails them.........needless to say I'm missing him already

perhaps some of us could crowd fund him.....I'd be a starter

28 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi Ohakaman

Maybe to an experienced punter like yourself they offer little value.  But to new or green punters they listen to them for a while.  Then they make their own choices.

• Problem there Shane is if they listen to them for too long, we lose them...they are broke.....:rolleyes:

A chart about the TAB/Racing Board provided by Brian De Lore. Pretty damning and offensive. Essentially they are paying out $25 million more in salaries for the same profit while also losing all their spare cash on this damn website.          (From HARNESSED Facebook May 23rd)

No photo description available..

On 5/26/2020 at 4:31 PM, shaneMcAlister said:

I would love to see some acknowledgement from RITA that the site is not performing as they envisioned.  

Some people seem to think ipads around the place will be a solution, however you can not have people logging in and out all day...

The self service terminals are hit and miss with what notes they accept.  

Yes, a number of issues with SSTs, particularly with no operator terminals to provide full service alongside them. I bet on my phone on course however frequently have trouble getting a bet on when there are more than 50ppl on course. Much more than that and the site won't function at all, which again leads to some ppl betting with offshore agencies that do not seem to have the same issues with their sites. I just give up and watch the race, still lost revenue(most of the time anyway haha). 

30 minutes ago, Dissident said:

Yes, a number of issues with SSTs, particularly with no operator terminals to provide full service alongside them. I bet on my phone on course however frequently have trouble getting a bet on when there are more than 50ppl on course. Much more than that and the site won't function at all, which again leads to some ppl betting with offshore agencies that do not seem to have the same issues with their sites. I just give up and watch the race, still lost revenue(most of the time anyway haha). 

The issue I had with the SST's was the impractical design. Basically there are about 5 functions with EFTPOS planned but never put in. With the functions all in one unit meant if someone was depositing or just checking their ticket a line would form for those wanting a bet and as you say if one function failed the whole unit was disabled. Seems the TAB guy who designed the units wanted one professional looking machine but to hell with the user.

The cost of the units has been significant several years ago already $40M had been spent. About 50 suppliers and contractors did very well out them. Don't know of one who had the courtesy to come in and  sponsor a race. Then again I doubt the club marketing guys would have the presence of mind to chase up on them 

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

The issue I had with the SST's was the impractical design. Basically there are about 5 functions with EFTPOS planned but never put in. With the functions all in one unit meant if someone was depositing or just checking their ticket a line would form for those wanting a bet and as you say if one function failed the whole unit was disabled. Seems the TAB guy who designed the units wanted one professional looking machine but to hell with the user.

The cost of the units has been significant several years ago already $40M had been spent. About 50 suppliers and contractors did very well out them. Don't know of one who had the courtesy to come in and  sponsor a race. Then again I doubt the club marketing guys would have the presence of mind to chase up on them 

Shame the eftpos wasn't added. Yes, then there's the issues with them not taking $100 notes. Or new users who don't yet know how they work and leave their vouchers sitting in the machine, very common. Often resulting in a Lost ticket claim the now smaller team in Petone will have to manage, most times to find the voucher has already been spent by another cunning or unaware user. They are certainly in favour with those laundering cash, redeeming shadily procured vouchers, or even trying to manipulate odds though. A good point you make about the cost-wonder how much they are worth each? 

57 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Attacked low wages, nothing upstairs who caused our problems. 

Just a joke. 

Bring on Statutory Management

An unusual approach isn't it, surely-most companies either go for a company wide re-structure, or cut upper management first? They've just cut their work managing by 30%. Will they take an immediate 30% paycut to match? Rhetorical question of course, we know the answer. 

13 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Sounds like the website.

I can't wait to see them on course only, woefully inadequate for what is required for a day at the races.

Yes the TAB needed to lose some of these 230 people but how many have lost their jobs to help pay for a lemon of a betting platform's overrun in costs along with a $17 million a year to service and maintain it. These  job cuts are going to save the industry $10 million the Industry is told but the Industry was never told of the $17 million a year in additional costs for the betting platform until after it was up and running.

Now punters are paying for it also (not money wise but info wise) by not having raceform publications,previews on local racing (no Metro previews today),no onourse presenters, no newspaper coverage, no radio coverage, no terminals on track etc. 

First to have have their jobs go should have been the clowns involved in the betting platform as the Industry was lied to as to regards the costings. The Board was lied to as well and they were obviously too thick too know otherwise. 

The Industry needs to be making a stand and demanding these people go down the road and if they don't do that well they get what they deserve an Industry's wagering service they help to pay for going down the drain.

Make some noise rather than sitting back thinking it's all going to be okay, bottom line is it won't be.

Ha Betting Platform the Industry was told would be world class. No runner form comments at today's Addington meeting the first one back since Lockdown.

On Sportsbet's website (NZ TAB's betting partner in sports) they have comments. This new betting platform Allen told the Industry was needed to compete with overseas competition. If you don't have comment previews guess what your not going to be competing. $#$%@en clowns (sorry that's an insult to the clown's of the world).   

tips.PNG

21 minutes ago, LightsOut said:

Ha Betting Platform the Industry was told would be world class. No runner form comments at today's Addington meeting the first one back since Lockdown.

On Sportsbet's website (NZ TAB's betting partner in sports) they have comments. This new betting platform Allen told the Industry was needed to compete with overseas competition. If you don't have comment previews guess what your not going to be competing. $#$%@en clowns (sorry that's an insult to the clown's of the world).   

tips.PNG

This must be the only racing jurisdiction in the world that is run on the premise of giving their clients as little information and exposure as possible , and thinks that this is going to grow revenue and turn around the shit they are in . I know of 5/6 people ( owners and punters )who have said that if this is what racing is going to be like then they are happy to just go and spend their money elsewhere . I think these guys at the top are in for a real friggin shock over the next few months if they thought turnover was stagnant before COVID 

Ladbrokes Au have a comment for every runner Addington .So who's doing their comments ? 

This is the biggest retreat since French from Moscow . NZ Tab curling up .

I think it's probably past any retrieval now .Very sad situation . 

26 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Ladbrokes Au have a comment for every runner Addington .So who's doing their comments ? 

This is the biggest retreat since French from Moscow . NZ Tab curling up .

I think it's probably past any retrieval now .Very sad situation . 

If You didn't know better you would think some aliens have taken over as them seem completely out of touch .

My personnel opinion is that the half yearly report is so bad they don't want to let on how bad it is and send everybody scurrying for the hills . It's that bad they have to stop bleeding money so they are cutting every little cost they can think of to help build up some funds . Why not cutting some at the top , it' suggests their ego's are telling them they are the saviours of racing , still . As someone posted on here , 30% staff cut for only 16% financial savings . I'm no whizz financially but i would have thought try and move some of the big costs as much as any others .So it seems they are going continue down the path of NZ racing being top heavy .

As i said above , they are the only racing jurisdiction on the planet that is actually moving (moved ) away from providing their clients with as much information and exposure as possible , so as to get their clients punting . It's a most unusual thought process .

I am worried at what levels stakes will be for the new season , they were all hype for the July stakes , so why would you not just say . I know the calendar is still in the discussion faze but that is only for the axed clubs . Perhaps they are just not sure what their pot size is yet . All very CIA for mine . All very worrying .

14 minutes ago, nomates said:

If You didn't know better you would think some aliens have taken over as them seem completely out of touch .

My personnel opinion is that the half yearly report is so bad they don't want to let on how bad it is and send everybody scurrying for the hills . It's that bad they have to stop bleeding money so they are cutting every little cost they can think of to help build up some funds . Why not cutting some at the top , it' suggests their ego's are telling them they are the saviours of racing , still . As someone posted on here , 30% staff cut for only 16% financial savings . I'm no whizz financially but i would have thought try and move some of the big costs as much as any others .So it seems they are going continue down the path of NZ racing being top heavy .

As i said above , they are the only racing jurisdiction on the planet that is actually moving (moved ) away from providing their clients with as much information and exposure as possible , so as to get their clients punting . It's a most unusual thought process .

I am worried at what levels stakes will be for the new season , they were all hype for the July stakes , so why would you not just say . I know the calendar is still in the discussion faze but that is only for the axed clubs . Perhaps they are just not sure what their pot size is yet . All very CIA for mine . All very worrying .

It makes no sense , they having 3 awt tracks they say but cannot afford a cheap racebook , comments or form guide.  It just does not add up .

I've said it before , there will not be an AWT at Riccarton , no way at all . It's a blind alley they heading down .

10 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

It makes no sense , they having 3 awt tracks they say but cannot afford a cheap racebook , comments or form guide.  It just does not add up .

I've said it before , there will not be an AWT at Riccarton , no way at all . It's a blind alley they heading down .

Look in the mirror and read the last five words of the first line of NOMATES statement, then do it again and again till you understand what is said!

Some people don't understand or don't want to comprehend. The AWT at Riccarton HAS NOTHING to do with RITA the  $20million for 2 tracks is from the Government PDF and is only to assist paying $10million for each track at Riccarton and Awapuni which will go ahead. If not used for AWT not available for any other use, do you understand that!!!!

1 minute ago, Red Rum said:

Well their not paying for the A/W's so not their worry , if it increases revenue their smiling , if not no care didn't really come out of their pocket so to speak .

$26mil for the 2 tracks , there is no way that they will increase revenue enough to ever pay for themselves . They have to make as much as they would have running them at the tracks they will supersede but also make more to start saying they are going to be NZ racings saviour . 

All the trainers i have heard or read about who have said it is great for NZ racing , namely Pike , Ritchie , Vile and M Pitman , train at tracks where the 3 A/W tracks are going in , they all have a vested interest in having them . Cambridge , 1000 horses trained there , biggest in Australasia

, gonna take a lot of pressure off their other tracks , or getting the good ones ready in the spring . Awapuni , for years all i've heard is how shit their training tracks are , especially in winter , well guess what all solved guys . 

I wonder if any of them would like to come on here and tell us why they think they are the great panacea for NZ racing , but none of Winnie's blurb .

Palmy and CJC have to find $3mil each , can't say too much about Canterbury , but for a damn sight less they could sort out Foxton and they would have a track that as a rule races as good as any winter track in the country . No on going maintenance costs , no replacement in 10 years . But no they want to be Billy Big Balls .

I would say the industry could be paying for these for years to come but there might just be no industry left .

1 minute ago, Stables said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about, every horse racing today had a comments line on the performances of the horse and its chances in todays race

I think they mean the mini form under pdf files stables.