RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Invercargill fields

Despite no racing for a while good sized fields,and resuming in winter,just shows the strength and interest in southern racing,two other things we can learn,a break  sometimes creates a new excitement,the other is as Southland is a stronghold why shut some of the tracks,no need too.

Just on another more positive note Alexy starts again,this horse must be one of the most raced horse ever anywhere,I know danke is ahead in race starts,there was another horse that raced a long time ago that was the most raced until these two came on the scene what was its name?

12 hours ago, mikenz said:

Just on another more positive note Alexy starts again,this horse must be one of the most raced horse ever anywhere,I know danke is ahead in race starts,there was another horse that raced a long time ago that was the most raced until these two came on the scene what was its name?

Idle Scott ,who won the Rowe Cup , easily exceeded 200 starts but Danke must be close to 300....WOW !

Moment of Truth made 200 ,and Highland Reign recently made that mark.

Motu Speedy Star ,often an opponent of Alexy is another well past 200.

Destreos....just looked at the Aussie records and Destreos had 486 starts.....amazing....#1 plus won 100 races !.

Other Kiwi exports Mr Skye Rocket [410] ,Im Borne to Rule ,Bonn Star and Shardon's Rocket also high on most starts list in Aussie.

3 hours ago, mikenz said:

Probably find the galloping guys will come up with a few 6 or 8 horse fields,, the usual.

Yep and as boring as they are up North. Different in the mainland where they race true to form lol

On 5/27/2020 at 7:10 PM, Keneperu said:

Yep and as boring as they are up North. Different in the mainland where they race true to form lol

It's probably fair to say that otago or southland should have a all weather track then they could be like the trotting guys and race all year round,there is still life in racing in the south.And don't think by my comments I am against the gallops ,they are ok too but simply the field sizes are below average in many situations I see though a gallop meet is planned for ascot park in july,not really the place to race in that time of year but hey maybe it will be a roaring success.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:17 AM, mikenz said:

Happy Day raced from 1973 as a 3yo to 1982 as a 12yo 130 stars, one as a pacer, aged 7,  rest trotting for 2 wins.

No Apachemee  has had 231 starts for 31 wins ( 6 in NZ ) . Should be getting a start at Menangle next weekend. As a 10yo and getting better ( unplaced in sub 1.50 race earlier this year and twice run against My Field Marshall  this season as well also Cash N Flow).

On 6/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, mikenz said:

I almost slipped up in my observation,Alexy race 1 addington,somewhere someday this horse us gunna pop up again,it just seems too.Start 275 .

Alexy wins again.it usually pops up about every 60 or so starts.🙂