RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Gizzy gone

11 hours ago, drewandjo said:

what - that you know anything about racing or are a troll. Reading the rubbish you output on here I'm convinced you're just friendless and a very sad person

Wrong

Good onya if you think the NZ govt actively/regularly promotes racing in a favourable light.

It would be great if you could provide the evidence.

I would love to be proved wrong.

The threads on what I thought was a racing forum (maybe that should be "raving" forum in some instances) seem to be descending down the rabbit hole into politics a lot more these days. Conspiracy theories, people interviewing their computers and not bothering with fact checking is rife it seems.  Personally,  I am not interested in your politics whether you are left, right, in the middle or somewhere else because I come here to read about racing - something I've been involved in and passionate about for 55 years. Maybe the political tangent is a sign of uncertain times and people looking for someone to blame and resorting to their factional 'default' positions or biases.  As far as the blame for racing's demise goes that's clearly at the feet of several incompetent administrators over some decades who collectively squandered hundreds of millions and bled the industry dry. The bitter centralisation pill should have been swallowed 20-25 years ago and now its being forced upon the industry in its death throes. Maybe the answer now could be to follow up the $72 million bail out money with a government buy out of the excess racing land (provided it is put into stakes) and then put all those out-of-work tradesman laid off by Fletcher Building and others to work on building houses for the 15,000 people on the housing waiting list. I know it won't be palatable with dyed-in-the-wool racing enthusiasts but we shouldn't be looking back even though at times that looks like the way we are going. (e.g. the nonsensical decision not to have betting operators on course anymore).