RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

I dont think it is a real possibility but we have the opportunity when we restart racing to redo the handicapping system, at least for a short time on the limited schedule as we ease our way back.When we start back we will be using fewer tracks with fewer horses running for fewer dollars but why dont we run all the races at WFA instead of hcp.It would not be such a drastic change as maiden, 2yo and 3yo are set weight and mostly would not be racing in the other grades , but for those horses that do race they wont be beaten by the handicapper,WFA races are generally won by the best horse, better for punters? better for turnover? Horses would still go up and down based on ratings so the handicapper would be just as important as now but he would not kill off the prospects of any horse with extra weight.What I would add is that we allow apprentice allowances at the same time .

13 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

I dont think it is a real possibility but we have the opportunity when we restart racing to redo the handicapping system, at least for a short time on the limited schedule as we ease our way back.When we start back we will be using fewer tracks with fewer horses running for fewer dollars but why dont we run all the races at WFA instead of hcp.It would not be such a drastic change as maiden, 2yo and 3yo are set weight and mostly would not be racing in the other grades , but for those horses that do race they wont be beaten by the handicapper,WFA races are generally won by the best horse, better for punters? better for turnover? Horses would still go up and down based on ratings so the handicapper would be just as important as now but he would not kill off the prospects of any horse with extra weight.What I would add is that we allow apprentice allowances at the same time .

Not sure about WFA myself , i'd be more inclined to sort out the ratings system , stop hammering horses for mediocre wins or the biggest crime weighing down horses just for being consistent . We have a declining horse population so we have to come up with solutions to extend horses racing careers . We have way more slow ones than fast but they have a place .

This is what the hierarchy needs to be doing , going out and asking for ideas because their are plenty out there . Your idea might not be the perfect solution nor mine but with more people bashing them around and refining them better solutions can be found for NZ racing than presently being promoted by NZTR/RITA . 

Will they ever be big enough to say we need to go out to our participants and ask for help , i doubt it .

7 hours ago, nomates said:

Not sure about WFA myself , i'd be more inclined to sort out the ratings system , stop hammering horses for mediocre wins or the biggest crime weighing down horses just for being consistent . We have a declining horse population so we have to come up with solutions to extend horses racing careers . We have way more slow ones than fast but they have a place .

This is what the hierarchy needs to be doing , going out and asking for ideas because their are plenty out there . Your idea might not be the perfect solution nor mine but with more people bashing them around and refining them better solutions can be found for NZ racing than presently being promoted by NZTR/RITA . 

Will they ever be big enough to say we need to go out to our participants and ask for help , i doubt it .

Good Posts Nukkledragga & Nomates...their are no bad ideas or suggestions from people invested in the game.... unless it comes from the TAB or RITA as has been proven!