RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Jason Waddell off To Oz

42 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Jason Waddell of to ride in OZ...good luck to him tremendously talented rider who should do well there.

Could potentially be riding Jennifer Eccles in the Cox Plate. 

A nice carrot for Jason in making this decision.

Good luck to him. B)

He will have to fight hard for City rides. One of the best Michael Walker struggles to get regular Sat rides. Got to be something going on there. He’s too good not to be on the good ones. 

30 minutes ago, Trump said:

He will have to fight hard for City rides. One of the best Michael Walker struggles to get regular Sat rides. Got to be something going on there. He’s too good not to be on the good ones. 

He's the smartest rider in NZ by a wide margin IMO..... MW tactically inferior

He will be snapped up by the smarties.

Good rider and capable of breaking in but will be a tough first 6 months, will need a good manager to get City rides if he freelances, possibly best to attach to a stable 

Wish him well, deserves success and can achieve but another sad loss for us locally

I have no doubt that Jason's exceptional riding ability can see him compete at the highest level in Australia.

He is coming off the back of a record breaking season here in NZ. After resuming in September following six months off after having surgery in just seven months he smashed his record for stakes winners and stake money for a season. Eleven G1 rides saw him with 4 wins, 2 seconds, 1 third, 3 fourths and a fifth.

His last three rides before Covid were successive winners at Trentham including the G1 NZ Oaks on Jennifer Eccles. 

With the uncertainty here in NZ with regard to our racing the time is right for Jason to have a crack in Australia and I look forward to seeing him being successful over there as well.

Good luck Jason.  

39 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

I have no doubt that Jason's exceptional riding ability can see him compete at the highest level in Australia.

He is coming off the back of a record breaking season here in NZ. After resuming in September following six months off after having surgery in just seven months he smashed his record for stakes winners and stake money for a season. Eleven G1 rides saw him with 4 wins, 2 seconds, 1 third, 3 fourths and a fifth.

His last three rides before Covid were successive winners at Trentham including the G1 NZ Oaks on Jennifer Eccles. 

With the uncertainty here in NZ with regard to our racing the time is right for Jason to have a crack in Australia and I look forward to seeing him being successful over there as well.

Good luck Jason.  

I think he’ll do alright Ted. Will be a bit of a grind at first and he’ll have to do the hard yards to make his mark but he’s definitely got the talent for sure. Just needs the right horse to showcase that talent and maybe Jennifer Eccles could be the horse to do that for him. 

Look forward to seeing what he can achieve over here.