meomy

Todd Muller / Nikki Kaye

72 posts in this topic

Has anyone meet them, know if they have any interests or shares in horse/ greyhounds racing?

The industry should be working together with politicians to ensure racing returns to it's glory days whether it be as a form of entertainment / recreation and or business.

When times are down in economies it's not uncommon for people to want a dollar or two through a flutter.

 

Muller is a country lad, isn't he so should be aware of the importance of racing in local communities.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, meomy said:

Has anyone meet them, know if they have any interests or shares in horse/ greyhounds racing?

The industry should be working together with politicians to ensure racing returns to it's glory days whether it be as a form of entertainment / recreation and or business.

When times are down in economies it's not uncommon for people to want a dollar or two through a flutter.

 

Muller is a country lad, isn't he so should be aware of the importance of racing in local communities.

 

 

 

 

 

He's staunchly catholic apparently , well Ireland is full of catholics and the Irish love their horse racing so who knows . A bit tenuous i know but what the hell .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Nikki well....and talk to her often.....she keenly interested in racing, but more as a functioning part of the economy that as a sport to participate in.

Nikki is the opposition spokesperson on sports, and racing falls into that category ( Ian McKelvie is opposition racing spokesperson though )

If you wanted to ask Nikki one question, what would it be ? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several actually P4P.....

1. How do you and Todd aim to improve National’s chances at the next election, given where you are now in the polls ? ( We’ll presume they are right) 
2. Given Racings significant contribution to the NZ economy, how much tangible recognition will it get from the National Govt ?
3. Did you agree with the recent $72m bail out negotiated by Peters and Ardern ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Tauranga and have spoken to Todd Muller a number of times. Don’t think he is au fait with racing but with his background in kiwifruit orcharding, Zespri and Fonterra I would imagine he would be supportive of racing’s plight. Positive that he is now the Nat spokesperson for small business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gubellini said:

I live in Tauranga and have spoken to Todd Muller a number of times. Don’t think he is au fait with racing but with his background in kiwifruit orcharding, Zespri and Fonterra I would imagine he would be supportive of racing’s plight. Positive that he is now the Nat spokesperson for small business.

That could be a positive as racing is becoming smaller by the season .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about consulting with the National party. We should be concentrating on establishing a rapport with the Labour party. With a 30% lead in the polls there is a very strong chance that they will be governing alone after the next election. Winston Peters will not be there to represent racing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stables the Covid-19 response from Labour has been a political campaign led by their smiling leader. With 24/7 wall to wall exposure how can they not get high acceptance. Giving out future taxpayers hard earned money will always be well received. Now lets wait until the "shit hits the fan" with the economy over the next few months and see then how well they react 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Stables said:

All this talk about consulting with the National party. We should be concentrating on establishing a rapport with the Labour party. With a 30% lead in the polls there is a very strong chance that they will be governing alone after the next election. Winston Peters will not be there to represent racing

And you can guarantee no $72m bailout will be forthcoming then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fredd002 said:

Stables the Covid-19 response from Labour has been a political campaign led by their smiling leader. With 24/7 wall to wall exposure how can they not get high acceptance. Giving out future taxpayers hard earned money will always be well received. Now lets wait until the "shit hits the fan" with the economy over the next few months and see then how well they react 

I think worldwide the NZ economy will be one of the better performers during what will become a world recession. The Meat,Milk and Honey industries are already leading the way.All countries will struggle and I think most NZers know that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fredd002 said:

Stables the Covid-19 response from Labour has been a political campaign led by their smiling leader. With 24/7 wall to wall exposure how can they not get high acceptance. Giving out future taxpayers hard earned money will always be well received. Now lets wait until the "shit hits the fan" with the economy over the next few months and see then how well they react 

It was a worldwide response,most countries have done the same as others except we have kept it under control better.Even Todd Mueller has said he cant criticise NZs response so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Winston is still there after the polls and is still NZ First leader, then no way will they go with National - simple.     A leopard never changes it's spots.      If he not re-elected then I doubt anyone from his party will be there.      They will need an electorate seat - doubtful they will get 5 %

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fredd002 said:

Stables the Covid-19 response from Labour has been a political campaign led by their smiling leader. With 24/7 wall to wall exposure how can they not get high acceptance. Giving out future taxpayers hard earned money will always be well received. Now lets wait until the "shit hits the fan" with the economy over the next few months and see then how well they react 

There's a major recession coming. And polls change... always have and always will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mike28 said:

i read an article on newshub that muller likes pork crackling. should go for the top job in petone

Sausage Rolls out of pie warmers Mike,so doesnt qualify  :rcfe-happy-3:Come September Niki will be deputy leader so these questions become more relevant . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richie said:

I have a feeling the likes of Mark Mitchell,Chris Luxon and Judith Collins will swoop.I believe Muller and Kaye are only stop gap measures as the others know Labour got this election sewn up

Mitchell has blown it now with being linked with Bennett. I like the way he is talking, and if they concentrate on NZ and the economy rather than Ardern they just might get some traction...

“When you've got 120 days to the election, and this is a really key point, the focus immediately turned, and it turned in the room to the job that sits in front of us to put up an alternative vision for the country. And I'm just so confident that the team we've got will be able to do that”

Meanwhile, Muller is already talking up National's new economic strategy, which he says is entirely focussed on a post-Covid recovery.

“You know for this government I think that the economy is something of a Wellington construct and has a Wellington focus. For me, when we talk economy, it's the economy of communities, it's the main street. 

"You walk down the main street and see shop after shop: there's a small business and a family and people who have put their lives on the line to be able to create an opportunity. 

“I think that there is going to be a massive cost to communities that is yet to be crystallised and yet to be felt in living rooms around this country.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ludwig said:

If National had to do a deal with NZ first to become the govt, what would be their attitude to W Peters staying on as Racing Minister?

NZF , 2.5% seems right to me so unless he wins an electorate he's gone and it's a changing world , Jones has just announced $600 million worth of promises are in the bin and will be redistributed , Northland ? maybe . 

Projects that are slow to get going will be gone so what about all weather the tracks Awapuni and Riccarton they seem to fit the criteria , we will know in a few days .

And another unwanted issue , The New Zealand public and thoroughbred animal rights groups are disappointed at the recently announced $72.5 million payout towards animal abuse. 

.Millions of New Zealand tax-payer dollars are being used to prop-up a dying industry. Take a stand and tell the government this is unacceptable, and your tax dollars should support essential services and sustainable and innovative business models. 

This lot want 5000 signatures to present to comrade cindy and had over  3000 in 10 hours .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now