RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TurnyTom

TAB site at it again FFS

2 hours ago, Patiti said:

Instead of bleating on this site every time  something goes  wrong why don't you guys contact Dean direct and get some direct acknowledgement of what is wrong and what is being done to fix it.

There needs to be a lot more open dialogue about this.

Anyone involved with racing management should be reading Racecafe daily and some of the other forums. Dosen't take long but employees seeing the shortcomings of their managers I believe were banned from accessing these forums at work.

When it comes to forums and there are faults Racecafe is still the most informative. These managers, directors etc must wean themselves out of their little bubbles which they consider oh so very important and communicate directly.

I don't usually complain about these things just adjust and vote with my feet but this has to be costing NZ Racing big time. Yesterday when putting bets on I could check three aussie sites for pricing while I waited for the NZTAB field to load. This morning I go to have a bet in Oz and the NZTAB has no FO up for the race. They seem to have gone from bad to worse in recent months.

18 hours ago, nzhorseracing said:

You shouldn't be comparing a form website with a betting website.

Racenet only offer news and information, it's not a difficult website to build 

Hi I understand what Racenet is all about but the TAB web page on the site is brilliant with all the info on one page .No scrolling up and down ,buffering ,buffering, [we have a problem] ffs. A simple example of how hopeless this site is ,go to sports results ,NRL or Rugby and find the score of that game ,its only about 7 clicks to find it but there is every result on there except the score or the half time score because they got rid of the popular Pic the Score so there is no place to put the result, amazing Cheers BH

4 minutes ago, shodsie said:

you talking about watch and bet barry????

i was having no luck on monday kept freezing/pausing on me so i went to plan b which is sky aussie 

and the same thing happened there had me scratching my head...........

racing.com is excellent for VIC and SA.

5 hours ago, shodsie said:

you talking about watch and bet barry????

i was having no luck on monday kept freezing/pausing on me so i went to plan b which is sky aussie 

and the same thing happened there had me scratching my head...........

Everytime i try to watch a race it freezes after they turn  for home. How can we be paying for something that doesnt work 😬

follow the money

If it looks like a dog and barks like a dog it's probably the TAB website is the lesson we've all learned week in and a week out with the Clayton's website. Some meetings have just the numbers and names of horses or dogs or whatever - no form at all. Basically a contemptible approach to customers then but that's nothing new - it was there long before the website bulls-up. Trackside 3 is yet another example of promising and not delivering - anything as it turns out. Like Boss Hogg I was once a serious student and enjoyed having a decent punt occasionally but no longer - I refuse to give my hard-earned to people who don't treat the lifeblood of the industry (punters) with any form of respect at all.

Hi H S This is slightly off track but I also do Future's fixed odds betting and obviously that has been on hold since Covid but I have done my money cold through no fault of mine  or the TAB but as soon as all bets were frozen any chance of having a chance of winning was gone. I realize that but I thought there might be a cash out or refund as a token of good faith ,as since Covid the  TAB was always going to win and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done their money  Cheers BH

53 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

Hi H S This is slightly off track but I also do Future's fixed odds betting and obviously that has been on hold since Covid but I have done my money cold through no fault of mine  or the TAB but as soon as all bets were frozen any chance of having a chance of winning was gone. I realize that but I thought there might be a cash out or refund as a token of good faith ,as since Covid the  TAB was always going to win and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done their money  Cheers BH

Is that on fixed odds races that didn't run?

21 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Looks like they've hit a new low.  Can't stream Trackside 1 or 2.  Even Trackside Radio isn't working.

Do something Dean!

My smartphone cuts out when watching ,listening and in lots of cases surfing on the tab site,the lack of radio is the one turnoff that irritates me most.

38 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Is that on fixed odds races that didn't run?

Hi Mike , No it was Jockey Premiership about $200 worth anyway thats the chance you take on those bets .You don't mind losing but with 3 months of the season missing its game over, Cheers BH

55 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Would the old site have cost as much to run?

From a racing perspective the aim should have been to keep sports betting confined as an option just so far to make sure sports betting stayed with TAB and not go to say Lotteries Commission. Instead the racing people on the Board allowed sports driven directors and managers to take over.

The Jetbet system was written in a language not common nowadays hence the IT people were pushing for a replacement. THats where had there been someone on the board who could evaluate the pro's and cons a sensible decision could have been made.

Don't get confused with cost to run and the Paddy Power supply of the odds.