RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TurnyTom

TAB site at it again FFS

25 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

It is not acceptable for the old site, never mind a site that has now cost us $70m

The old site would update the tote odds every few seconds during the last few minutes of betting. This one spasmodically like every minute or 30 seconds at best. Even then doesn't update the pool size. So you bet on a horse paying $6.00 when the bookies offering $3.00, Then after they jump and well into the race the update come through and its paying less than the bookies.

1 hour ago, Barry Lichter said:

TurnyTom. Same experience last night and I just gave up.

Check out the harness page - https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/our-trots-cover-on-trackside-really-has-gone-to-the-dogs-a-forgettable-night-on-the-couch/

But lets say you actually want to bet on these races like Kawasaki even with 3 corners in play for 900m. Well they make it impossible to even enjoy that by messing up the coverage. No one has told Trackside that dividends are readilly available on various platforms. So why cover up the horses with prices on the TV. Oh so punters just want the prices. Then why cover up the local odds at the track for comparison.

Showing these races like Kawasaki is just absurd. No rationale whatsoever. But the only people in racing listened to are the Vela's, Hogan's, Chitticks etc and they would not know what was going on.

10 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Again tonite, can't load HK

Come on Dean get the basics working FFS

Just a Fcuken joke

Check out Rio Pedris this morning , second to last race . By looks of it a buck quinela was only bet  , it's beyond crazy it's pumped out . It's Uruguay racing but it's a backwater of a track even there from what I can make out .

2 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Check out Rio Pedris this morning , second to last race . By looks of it a buck quinela was only bet  , it's beyond crazy it's pumped out . It's Uruguay racing but it's a backwater of a track even there from what I can make out .

The Fucken 59 mil website ain't working, thanks

21 minutes ago, mike28 said:

the stream on ts1 and ts2 is pretty bad at the moment might just be my computer was working well saturday

No the stream was shit all day today and my internet is in the top 1% for speed so don't say it was your internet.  The website is a 50million dollar piece of fucken shit!!!!

45 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

No the stream was shit all day today and my internet is in the top 1% for speed so don't say it was your internet.  The website is a 50million dollar piece of fucken shit!!!!

C'mon gentlemen ....language tutt..tutt..

The website is brilliant. its doing what it was designed for. i.e switching horse players to sports betting. Where they have fallen down however is its switching sports bettors to other sites.

For a large corporation who now rely on the online portion of the business for survival and who are pushing customers online by closing down tote operations at courses etc, the website issues are simply just unacceptable.  To have paid 50 Million dollars for this turd is incompetence at the highest level.

The only issue I have is the website HANGS when I go to check on a result after a race, but the streaming is fine, quick and high quality.

If any of you are using Microsoft Edge then make a change, you should be using Google Chrome or Firefox. It makes a BIG difference, websites & applications are designed to operate best on the most popular browsers
https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=CHBD&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrYTAiq-C6gIVRiUrCh2BbAlbEAAYASAAEgJD-PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

33 minutes ago, Patiti said:

Instead of bleating on this site every time  something goes  wrong why don't you guys contact Dean direct and get some direct acknowledgement of what is wrong and what is being done to fix it.

There needs to be a lot more open dialogue about this.

Thats the trouble. I have emailed them several times on a couple of issues I think need to be fixed but the only email received back from them was several months ago with the words "our team is working on it". It does not generate much confidence especially when the issues I talked about are still there nearly a year later.

7 minutes ago, nzhorseracing said:

The only issue I have is the website HANGS when I go to check on a result after a race, but the streaming is fine, quick and high quality.

If any of you are using Microsoft Edge then make a change, you should be using Google Chrome or Firefox. It makes a BIG difference, websites & applications are designed to operate best on the most popular browsers
https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=CHBD&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrYTAiq-C6gIVRiUrCh2BbAlbEAAYASAAEgJD-PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Yes the hanging of results was one issue I raised but has never been fixed.

RacenetI've been a big critic of this dog of a web site since day one .It is built on an old format that no one else would be bothered with .It is no use getting upset about it because nothing will change unless they put up  a new web site ie Racenet.com.au . TAB can not change things on the site they do not have the expertise and have to go thru the the cowboys who they give $17 mill a year to upgrade every 12 months if they are still around .Although I'm sure they will be in the Bahama's by now  . I have given up on the TAB web site as I have said before I feel like Custer it doesn't matter how high or how hard you wave the  white flag the same result is inevitable cheers BH