RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Ken Rutherford's way forward - and it won't go down well with everyone

10 hours ago, wobbly said:

Nomates...my mail was KR was rope and tied by a puppet post at WRC.

Shouldn't knock a man for wanting to better his lot...and for his family

I wonder by who ...not

9 hours ago, barryb said:

It is when Cavailer don’t remotely offer a product that fits the shareholders office requirements, terribly over priced and low quality. It doesn’t mean you can’t invest in Cavailer and happily sell to others.

Thats like saying a cafe owner can’t buy food from anyone else, or wherever you are employed you can’t buy from a competitor.

Got to agree, its just making an excuse for a very mediocre performance from the NZ outfit.

I'm still waiting on hearing what happens to this lot  barring DM.

https://www.rita.org.nz/leadership-team

It just cannot improve with the same leadership, change is a must , more important than AWT and banning betting. It isn't even their salaries that are the problem its the lack of performance.

19 minutes ago, Huey said:

Got to agree, its just making an excuse for a very mediocre performance from the NZ outfit.

It just cannot improve with the same leadership, change is a must , more important than AWT and banning betting. It isn't even their salaries that are the problem its the lack of performance.

performance, been none, just a bunch of leaders saying I know what you need, my idea will work, I will get this and that, and to hell with any advice.  I have got to know more and more about less and less, until I know everything about nothing.

Unbelievable that JA totally ignored a Senior Bookmaker with 10 years experience and charged on with his 30mil plus platform which blew to 5omil and has delivered jot and remained silent on the ridiculous annual costs

And Covid caused our issues

Unbelievable report from Ken

Tragic how a series of CEOs, particularly JA have destroyed the industry

And the real rub is their is no accountability other than a golden handshake

59 minutes ago, Huey said:

I wouldn't worry too much horses acting on poly then on turf , UK have been doing it for years only 8 per cent horses have dual marks , so 92 per cent go OK on poly and turf in eyes of a very good team of handicappers up there  , Southwell is the fly in ointment there on fibresand but that won't be case here obviously  .The query arises when say horse lightly raced on turf turns up next prep runs up two or three on AW then goes back to turf . Is it the AW that horse likes or has horse improved x amount of pounds since last prep so is good for new mark on turf as it takes a few runs to run the mark down on turf and have a dual mark if it's the AW horse improves on  . But generally it's OK,  but they have loads AW racing,  a lot of the same horses and good handicap system. It's no different to  assessments of horses ability on differing goings .

The big concern is have these tracks budgeted for a relay of surface , in 30 years I think Lingfield on number 3 , started with surface called equitrack,  Wolves on number two and they were a few years after Lingfield and Southwell. Could Riccarton afford to relay course in 15 years maybe ? , Kranji have gone from fibresand , to polytrack and in late 2017 early 2018 they dumped tons of top up on in major makeover . It's a big cost .

A bit is made of Meydan going to dirt but that's a red herring , the Yanks got the hump so it was back to dirt to get them back into travelling horses there. 

is this going to be law? i dont agree with this if they have a monopoly it doesnt necessarily mean success well it hasnt so far anyway. if they get the betting monopoly aswell it will just mean they take the bonus bets and all promotions away and we will get a worse product like we have been getting for the last 20 years then everyone will be moaning about that . i know some people will be thinking it will support stakes etc but they will muck it up like everything else the monopoly model doesnt work for the tab never has.

9 minutes ago, Stables said:

Well you better start making plans because it's going to happen

The pace things happen it won't be in my lifetime , and I've still got a bit of youth and decent  fitness . Be way too many other issues to deal with . It's a new world , no one's stopping Internet shopping and no one's stopping anyone betting overseas . Punters adapt , no one's going back to Tab by force it won't happen. 

Again I do 95 per  cent of my punting with them  , but they are pretty dated and stale , I don't want them to get more stale so as a customer it worries me . I would probably give up punting in that case , iam just as happy watching them and entering comps for fun to be honest .

1 hour ago, glennbond said:

What I cant work out, is how does a monopoly, get so completely in the shite, and shoot themselves in the foot, time after time. I bet exclusively on overseas accounts, the final straw being the new ( read crap) betting platform. If RITA believe that by stopping my ability to use such accounts, I will automatically resurrect my defunct TAB ACC, then they have rocks in their heads. 

This is the internet people. They can not stop you betting in Australia anymore than they can not stop you betting on the NZ TAB from Australia. I will continue to bet on my Australian accounts whether they make it law or not. 

5 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

This is the internet people. They can not stop you betting in Australia anymore than they can not stop you betting on the NZ TAB from Australia. I will continue to bet on my Australian accounts whether they make it law or 

100 per cent , these guys are dreamers,last time I checked Meth was illegal, still a bit around on the streets . Common sense will prevail , they will negotiate something with big offshore operators in same fashion as the new GST collection system with the big companies , simple as that  . The horse has bolted , the old days of blocks are gone so they are barking up wrong tree . 

Have they ever looked into an exchange type model for NZ racing and sports?   

Could be a new way to promote the sport to a newer tech savvier generation?   You can then also target it as a trading platform with the ability to back/lay much like a day trader can in the financial markets.     Maybe its not feasible, I know in Australia the taxation model ruined trading on AUS races, however its massive in the UK/IRE.     A thought anyway to try differentiate our product seeing as it feels like we are stuffed anyway. 

5 minutes ago, premixer said:

Have they ever looked into an exchange type model for NZ racing and sports?   

Could be a new way to promote the sport to a newer tech savvier generation?   You can then also target it as a trading platform with the ability to back/lay much like a day trader can in the financial markets.     Maybe its not feasible, I know in Australia the taxation model ruined trading on AUS races, however its massive in the UK/IRE.     A thought anyway to try differentiate our product seeing as it feels like we are stuffed anyway. 

Caan Berry on you tube quite good at different exchange/trading  strategies , and yes  he's not a punter , he's a pro trader . Loses me a bit to be honest but people as you describe newer tech savvy  that's who's doing that in UK now . 

1 hour ago, arjay said:

performance, been none, just a bunch of leaders saying I know what you need, my idea will work, I will get this and that, and to hell with any advice.  I have got to know more and more about less and less, until I know everything about nothing.

I hope you are using the term " leaders " loosely , very loosely . It's very easy for these guys to make these big decisions because they can just walk away at a later date and have no accountability . They have got to the stage where they know nothing about everything .

Ken Rutherford was and is part of the problem , he is a bookie!!!.The odds he and they offer are skewed....always.When markets open prices range from $2 to$100 ....based on what? no money has been invested, they price a race and then someone tips something on telly and everything is tossed out the window.The bookies odds are inflated, tote odds are absolutely consistent at about 120% whereas bookies odds are mostly 130% until the last minutes when both markets  converge.Despite what you or anyone else THINKS the fact is you are better off punting on the tote.120% is always better than 130%. Bookies are the enemy of the punter.How can any bookies( even from nz)  ( even led by Ken)do anything other than what they have always done, rip us off compared to the tote.It is us (punters)versus them (bookies) and always will be

14 hours ago, barryb said:

Next we will be suggesting stopping online shopping because it’s destroying retailing or banning Uber because it’s killing Taxi companies, banning Netflix because of Sky’s demise,  Starting to sound like NZ in the late 70s - early 80’s, don’t seem to recall it working that well back then either.

Probably should have chosen other decades Barry.

The 70s and 80s were halcyon days for racing. Great fields, great horses and great people.  

40 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Probably should have chosen other decades Barry.

The 70s and 80s were halcyon days for racing. Great fields, great horses and great people.  

They weren't for the rest of the country Ted. Regulation, control, Farmers getting supplementary payments to support an uneconomic framework. Sounds familiar to todays RITA thinking doesn't it?.

1 hour ago, barryb said:

They weren't for the rest of the country Ted. Regulation, control, Farmers getting supplementary payments to support an uneconomic framework. Sounds familiar to todays RITA thinking doesn't it?.

With regard to RITA (NZRB) I think you mean out of control. :rolleyes:

As to amount of regulations and control you only have to look at Cindy's Kindy.  :(

I have recently seen an e mail sent to all Pub/Clubs from the TAB. It was to do with the restart of TAB in pubs etc. Down the bottom, Quote. An amended venue Remuneration will be outlined. This is currently under consideration by RITA/TAB.

So the small amount paid to pubs will be lowered. I fully understand the need to cut cost but this is the wrong way to go about it.

Question to TAB. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO INCREASE TURNOVER/SALES/REVENUE.   Come on this site or any outlet and give us your plan.

Utter rubbish!!! All great to make comments from Australia but under his management, Te Rapa combusted into a second rate course with major food and beverage, track surface and logistics problems.

Anyone who thinks that banning NZers from betting on off shore sites is the answer needs to be put into the naughty corner. If NZ betting services were run better, offered better technology, with a better range of betting products at a better value, then they would flock home.

It's this silly small minded nonsense that really does my head in. If we were looking at this dispassionately, we'd realise that there was more to be gained from offering the World's best environment for betting which is worth more than only looking at NZers betting on our poor pig trough offering. How can we expect off shore clients to bet with us in our environment, when we ban us from betting on offshore betting sites? What about affiliate schemes? Does anyone know what potential they have for us?....

It's this sort of mediocre thinking that has put us in harms way and IF that's what Winnie is considering spending $2.6m with the DIA on creating legislation to do that, then the quicker we get rid of him the better. What a mis-directed bunch of absolute bollocks!!! Don't people understand that there is a better more expansive conclusion to the mess we are currently in?

I'm glad Rutherford is no longer here with his past and present mediocre thoughts on the matter.

14 minutes ago, Berri said:

Utter rubbish!!! All great to make comments from Australia but under his management, Te Rapa combusted into a second rate course with major food and beverage, track surface and logistics problems.

Anyone who thinks that banning NZers from betting on off shore sites is the answer needs to be put into the naughty corner. If NZ betting services were run better, offered better technology, with a better range of betting products at a better value, then they would flock home.

It's this silly small minded nonsense that really does my head in. If we were looking at this dispassionately, we'd realise that there was more to be gained from offering the World's best environment for betting which is worth more than only looking at NZers betting on our poor pig trough offering. How can we expect off shore clients to bet with us in our environment, when we ban us from betting on offshore betting sites? What about affiliate schemes? Does anyone know what potential they have for us?....

It's this sort of mediocre thinking that has put us in harms way and IF that's what Winnie is considering spending $2.6m with the DIA on creating legislation to do that, then the quicker we get rid of him the better. What a mis-directed bunch of absolute bollocks!!! Don't people understand that there is a better more expansive conclusion to the mess we are currently in?

I'm glad Rutherford is no longer here with his past and present mediocre thoughts on the matter.

Winston Peters is a charade , has never done anything purely for the benefit of NZ racing , it has always been about him . He has know idea what is fundamentally wrong with racing or how to fix it . With luck will be gone at the next election , the true epitome of the self serving snake politician

On 5/21/2020 at 7:22 PM, Barry Lichter said:

Like it or not he is right to a degree,we should  really be thinking of our own,aussie don't give a stuff about us .maybe the nz tab ain't big enough.maybe a merger  with someone ,might be a good idea but I'm still believing there needs to be a new board,everyone applies again for smaller salarys,I'm not impressed with some of the cuts,radio  commentators ,tracks in some cases yet some of the fuckers making cuts just carry on .

5 hours ago, Toblerone said:

Seriously, it’s so galling and insulting that McKenzie would keep publically chalking all this up to Covid. Like we are numbskulls. Give us a spell Dean.

Where or when did he say that ?