RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
meomy

The Return of Radio Trackside/ Television

A source has advised us that the above are intended to return when Racing resumes online on July 1st subject to the Racing calendar discussions & processes.

It's unclear when Radio Trackside as we know it will return.

May I suggest those of you who would like to see the return of Radio Trackside on traditional Transistor Radio earlier than then, and Racing should be ensuring the regaining & retaining employment of those displaced,  that you write either an email or traditional letter in the post to those in charge asking for it's prompt return as it's one way to engage with those who were once patrons of the industry & ensuring inclusion when racing finally resumes  in New Zealand.

A talk back type of show on at least a Saturday for starters would be a great way to engage, get feedback contributions on a way forward, share stories of historical interest to those who may be new to racing from the wider community as to a way forward rather than relying on at times ludicrous Research group surveys that people are not interested in Racing.

We can and should be reaching out amongst our wider community to capitalise on Racing gaining patronage as an attractive business & recreational industry / sport for when it returns as there's many components involved. 

11 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Mark Claydon & Des Coppins is all we need ! :wub:
Fuck I would even donate to help pay for their return ! :rcf-rich:

I would lay money if radio doesn't  comes back Mark Claydon will not be retained , for no other reason than he is the one person who should be . No bullshit , what you see is what you get and more knowledge than rest put together .

41 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Mark Claydon & Des Coppins is all we need ! :wub:

In fact I'd go one step futher and sack all of Racing's current Media Management from Trackside Radio/TV and make Mark & Des the new working suits!
Player/Coaches if you will !

@Baz (NZ)

@Idolmite

@nomates@rdytdy

@Stuart Hale

The only information that RITA have on there website is from April whereby they said TAB Radio Trackside was "suspended" from 12 April until further notice due to Covid19 with a view to resume when Racing resumes.

Where is the information (& public consultation) that Radio Trackside was going to be &  has been "sold" & is no more?

Radio Sport was also suspended & due to return at a later date to.

1 hour ago, meomy said:

@Baz (NZ)

@Idolmite

@nomates@rdytdy

@Stuart Hale

The only information that RITA have on there website is from April whereby they said TAB Radio Trackside was "suspended" from 12 April until further notice due to Covid19 with a view to resume when Racing resumes.

Where is the information (& public consultation) that Radio Trackside was going to be &  has been "sold" & is no more?

Radio Sport was also suspended & due to return at a later date to.

As I have a face for radio,can I be Baz (NZ) side kick?We could be on the poste race slot,taking calls from irate  punters,analysing the days racing,special guests and spinning a few records into the wee small hours:rcf-laughing-2:.Finishing with a nightcap at our sponsors. 

2 hours ago, Stuart Hale said:

As I understand the Trackside frequencies have already been sold so dont think we will see trackside for a long time if ever.

Thats disastrous. One of racings great assets was the plethora of media outlets. Great for doing package marketing deals. Especially if bringing in sport as well. If they are doing all these things without proper consultation then thats criminal. They are really trying to ground racing into the dust.

Just because no one at TAB Head Office considered any other way to gain revenue than by fleecing punters just shows the complete lack of business inititiative. Seems not even proper tender processes for the sale of assets.

10 hours ago, Swoopa said:

As I have a face for radio,can I be Baz (NZ) side kick?We could be on the poste race slot,taking calls from irate  punters,analysing the days racing,special guests and spinning a few records into the wee small hours:rcf-laughing-2:.Finishing with a nightcap at our sponsors. 

The perfect role for us! I'd create a special slot for PFP to add a bit of fire to the show! :wub:

I know nothing about the costs of frequencies, licenses basic radio infrastructure costs.....which must have been a factor for closing the stations

That piece on 7 Sharp last night …..the English comedian now living here Noel Edmonds

setting up  community radio stations...… could be ideal for the sporting and racing community 

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/seven-sharp/clips/king-of-british-light-entertainment-noel-edmonds-launching-community-radio-project-in-new-zealand

do we want to listen to the radio on the website / phone...…...my radio station of choice these days is Sky sport radio out of Sydney

12 minutes ago, Roger Sugrue said:

I know nothing about the costs of frequencies, licenses basic radio infrastructure costs.....which must have been a factor for closing the stations

That piece on 7 Sharp last night …..the English comedian now living here Noel Edmonds

setting up  community radio stations...… could be ideal for the sporting and racing community 

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/seven-sharp/clips/king-of-british-light-entertainment-noel-edmonds-launching-community-radio-project-in-new-zealand

do we want to listen to the radio on the website / phone...…...my radio station of choice these days is Sky sport radio out of Sydney

Exactly what I was thinking after watching that piece on Seven Sharp. 

50 minutes ago, Roger Sugrue said:

While we are at it why not put Mr Blobby in charge of rita( at least he graduated clown college) 

Yep. Part of Media Works I think. Partly blamed it on C-19 but been throwing out distress flares for a while. Show and presenters getting repetitive and boring and their talkback was the same old rednecks.

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yep. Part of Media Works I think. Partly blamed it on C-19 but been throwing out distress flares for a while. Show and presenters getting repetitive and boring and their talkback was the same old rednecks.

Radio Sport part of NZME Group which includes NZ Herald,1ZB and many others.

Thank god its gone.

4 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Hasn't RadioSport gone as well?

@Blue

@Ohokaman

I believe transmission was  'Suspended" for the time being and they may be back when the main sports resume around the same time as Radio Trackside should be.

Martin Devlin has popped up on ZB from time to time on the weekend.

TAB Suspends FM AND AM Trackside Radio

https://www.rita.org.nz/tab-suspends-fm-and-am-trackside-radio Skip to main content

TAB suspends FM and AM Trackside radio

9 April 2020
HARNESS9_3.jpg

The TAB has announced today that the radio simulcast broadcast of Trackside TV on the AM and FM frequencies will be suspended from midnight 00:00 Sunday 12 April until further notice. The simulcast will continue on Trackside Radio on the TAB website, TAB app and via the Rova app.

The decision to suspend the broadcast reflects the reality of no New Zealand racing being available due to the impact of COVID-19 and is aligned with efforts to reduce non-critical costs throughout the business.

A lifting of suspension of this service on the radio frequencies will be reviewed once the resumption of New Zealand racing is confirmed.

The TAB recognises the suspension of the simulcast broadcast of Trackside TV will impact some customers and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Media & Reports

RITA

Social

facebook twitter

RITA logo

RITA is a reconstitution of the New Zealand Racing Board appointed by Racing Minister Rt. Hon. Winston Peters on 1 July 2019 to lead the transition of the racing industry to its future state.

Copyright 2019 Racing Industry Transition Agency