RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dbtab

Racing in July

The muppets are at it again.All races open entry so your maiden horse will race if it gets a start against class 65,72 ,open class horses.Unbelivable,that is why they are on the big bucks.

The muppets at Petone are at it again.All  races in July are open entry so maidens racing against class 65,72 and open class horses.Really who thought that one out somebody on 300k

who has never owned a horse ,i give up the place is an embarrassment

36 minutes ago, dbtab said:

The muppets at Petone are at it again.All  races in July are open entry so maidens racing against class 65,72 and open class horses.Really who thought that one out somebody on 300k

who has never owned a horse ,i give up the place is an embarrassment

Open entry means they see who nominates and then split the fields up accordingly. They don't run maidens and open horses together.

Better that than not getting a run with one whilst the numbers will be down and if they are decent size they'll be split up accordingly, it is only for the month of July.  Only thing I can't see anywhere is there a 2yo allowance? If not there should be... 

36 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Better that than not getting a run with one whilst the numbers will be down and if they are decent size they'll be split up accordingly, it is only for the month of July.  Only thing I can't see anywhere is there a 2yo allowance? If not there should be... 

I can't see that either and with the increased weight scale, that possibly should be allowed below the minimum at least for 2yos?  Also don't see the point in having both noms and acceptances when fields (and therefore weights) aren't framed until after the latter. Would it not make more sense to have just a single declaration at the usual withdrawal time?

11 hours ago, dbtab said:

The muppets are at it again.All races open entry so your maiden horse will race if it gets a start against class 65,72 ,open class horses.Unbelivable,that is why they are on the big bucks.

they are good alright!

10 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

They will if they don't get enough to split it. 

I thought they said somewhere that they would separate maidens but if say they get 25 noms and 10 are 2yos, they'd run a 2yo and then an older horse maiden. I didn't think they'd run maidens against horses with handicap ratings. I could be wrong but that was my impression though it's not evident in the policy.

11 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Open entry means they see who nominates and then split the fields up accordingly. They don't run maidens and open horses together.

They will if they don't get enough to split 

12 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I thought they said somewhere that they would separate maidens but if say they get 25 noms and 10 are 2yos, they'd run a 2yo and then an older horse maiden. I didn't think they'd run maidens against horses with handicap ratings. I could be wrong but that was my impression though it's not evident in the policy.

If they get say 6 noms for the 1200 meters it'll be one race regardless of rating and/or age and weighted accordingly, but there should be a 2yo 3kg allowance I believe but can't see one mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, TurnipOrange said:

2yos are nearly 3 by then!!!

Dont think your going to see maiden 2yos racing against open class horses, your all taken the worst case scenarios

You might see the rating bands moved a bit to accommodate 14 horse fields 

Yes and if they only have 6 noms for a 1200 I'd say they won't run it (be mad) and those horses will be steered to 1000 or 1400.

29 minutes ago, TurnipOrange said:

2yos are nearly 3 by then!!!

Dont think your going to see maiden 2yos racing against open class horses, your all taken the worst case scenarios

You might see the rating bands moved a bit to accommodate 14 horse fields 

I actually meant to say 1.5kg allowance as that is what 3yos get in August, was thinking of something else when I wrote 3kg. 

I don't actually see it happening either, was just using the 6 horse field as an example. 

5 hours ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

I actually meant to say 1.5kg allowance as that is what 3yos get in August, was thinking of something else when I wrote 3kg. 

I don't actually see it happening either, was just using the 6 horse field as an example. 

Look at the end of the day now owners have committed to have a maidener in work on the pretext there will be a race for it in July eg maiden race they will have to sit out another months training fees and hopefully there be races in August. This should have been sorted earlier. Other thing of interest is the stake money as we can all say its not enough but at the end of the day it only effects those who are good enough to win a race as they take home less except if you have a maidener  or mid week horse that wins.