RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Can you believe this ***** ??

Winston Peters is heading back to court, claiming he now knows who leaked his pension details

A High Court judgment last month found Peters' privacy was deliberately breached before the 2017 election, but his claim failed - because he couldn't establish who was responsible.

Now, Newstalk ZB can exclusively reveal Peters is appealing the decision - saying the judgment is wrong - and the High Court didn't draw the right inferences.

In a statement, Peters says he's persisting not just for himself - but for all people who've had their privacy breached.

He says it's always been known there was a leak - with intent to do harm, and for a purpose - and now he knows who did it.

14 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I would be 100% in favour of this on one condition and that is that mug taxpayers like me are not paying a penny for it.

But when dealing with a reptilian politician with a huge abundance of rat cunning I can get no such assurance.

33 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Winston Peters is heading back to court, claiming he now knows who leaked his pension details

A High Court judgment last month found Peters' privacy was deliberately breached before the 2017 election, but his claim failed - because he couldn't establish who was responsible.

Now, Newstalk ZB can exclusively reveal Peters is appealing the decision - saying the judgment is wrong - and the High Court didn't draw the right inferences.

In a statement, Peters says he's persisting not just for himself - but for all people who've had their privacy breached.

He says it's always been known there was a leak - with intent to do harm, and for a purpose - and now he knows who did it.

Teflon Tolley might have to track  down the mongrel mob abusive check point attendant for some backup....she ran for cover on that one to

2 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

A bad day for the Nats just got worse 

Tom, I think the even worse day for Winston - 2.7% in the Newshub poll for NZ First - was more of a factor.

It'll now be all:

1. 'I saved Racing'

2. 'The country needs me to keep Labour honest'

3. 'The poll is considerably at variance with our own internal polling.'

and

4. 'My name being in the news 24/7 might get the party some traction.' 

I really think I could stomach 3 years of a stand-alone Labour Government (the Greens look similarly sick poll-wise). Let them do the struggling to extricate the country out of the largely-needless shutdown of all sectors of the economy - and especially so if it consigns Winston First to nonentity status.

1 hour ago, Stables said:

I think the margins are so high in this poll that National are beyond hope

Looks that way Stables. Bridges looks a dead man walking, just doesn’t have the wide appeal needed, yet reckons he’s “got the numbers”...we’ll see.

Problem is there is no one with the necessary there to take over..Mark Mitchell is kidding himself.

Until Chris Luxon gets some experience to be a chance, they are pushing it uphill.....unless of course the economy really tanks and people wake up.

The election is only 4 months away, not enough time for National to re-create itself with a new leader. Better to stick with Simon, loose the election, then reconstuct with a new leader who has a bit of charisma

The fact that WP is going back to court says it all. As for Bridges. Ask yourself (honestly), does he come across as PM material? The Leader of a Nation? Someone you could depend on in a crisis? Someone with a broad grasp of the issues and interests of a Nation? The common touch? I doubt he’d win fastest finger on “Millionaire Hot Seat”!

46 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Looks that way Stables. Bridges looks a dead man walking, just doesn’t have the wide appeal needed, yet reckons he’s “got the numbers”...we’ll see.

Problem is there is no one with the necessary there to take over..Mark Mitchell is kidding himself.

Until Chris Luxon gets some experience to be a chance, they are pushing it uphill.....unless of course the economy really tanks and people wake up.

Even if he had the Party numbers, he hasn’t got the numbers in the Electorate. 

7 minutes ago, Trump said:

The fact that WP is going back to court says it all. As for Bridges. Ask yourself (honestly), does he come across as PM material? The Leader of a Nation? Someone you could depend on in a crisis? Someone with a broad grasp of the issues and interests of a Nation? The common touch? I doubt he’d win fastest finger on “Millionaire Hot Seat”!

Ardern doesn’t either...hasn’t a clue about business but being “touchy feely” matters more apparently......:rolleyes:

Just now, Stables said:

Well her management of the covid 19 pandemic in New Zealand has received a 92% support rating

Closing us down wasn’t hard Stables...just shut Auckland Airport and its done. We had plenty of warning about what was coming.

The right thing to do agreed, but we will see what long term effect it has on the economy in general. Household debt $70,000 and rising......

4 hours ago, Stables said:

I think the margins are so high in this poll that National are beyond hope

planned for leadership morphing to take place

Bridges was only ever to be a placeholder.. unfortunately

You don't, you do as stables suggested, that is leave Simon there ( he deserves better than this though) and go to the election. prepared to lose.

What kind of person would want to cut their teeth as PM in the mess that is about to follow. It seems like an ideal time to be opposition

4 minutes ago, GOM said:

You don't, you do as stables suggested, that is leave Simon there ( he deserves better than this though) and go to the election. prepared to lose.

What kind of person would want to cut their teeth as PM in the mess that is about to follow. It seems like an ideal time to be opposition

heres the line of thought to rid him....

Simon Bridges has already cemented himself as stating "I will not form a coalition with NZfirst".. this will be used against him by his own party

who then will be waiting in the wings? JC?

lets see how it plays out!!

Starting to think the Nats don't want to get in, the Northland MP deliberately breaks social distancing and brags about it, calls the PM St Jacinda then has a launch at her. He surely is living in another world. Some people simply don't get it, rather stupid tirade

2 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Starting to think the Nats don't want to get in, the Northland MP deliberately breaks social distancing and brags about it, calls the PM St Jacinda then has a launch at her. He surely is living in another world. Some people simply don't get it, rather stupid tirade

there was a poll on tv.. that alot of people tended to take it as gospel showing Nationals support low

but as we know... polls are never true indicators of support, but are simply there to influence thought.

This poll gives cover for a justified leadership change..  public perception is just as important and internal perception within the Nat Party...

there will be a divide caused, and Simon will know who his real backers were...

whether the internal coup is successful is yet to be seen