RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
meomy

212,800 Congratulations Race cafers !

Fairly certain Angie and Dave launched Racecafe in 2000  or was it 2001?

It was either March or April so could well be the 20 year anniversary has gone. As a matter of interest I hope the posts 2000=2008 have not been dumped as they are a valuable progression of racing history in NZ.

I joined December 2001 and could be wrong but think it had been going for about 6 months then.

If remember correctly my first post upset a few people and I learnt how precious some galloping people think they are compared to the harness fraternity I was part of.

I ran my first of many comps on Queens birthday weekend 2002 with $100 prize money,wife wasn't happy 

I took a bit of a break from posting a couple of years ago after a bit of an argument with somebody,who was proved to be a dick in the end,but still followed and read the posts.

Still NZs premier racing discussion site

3 hours ago, richie said:

I joined December 2001 and could be wrong but think it had been going for about 6 months then.

If remember correctly my first post upset a few people and I learnt how precious some galloping people think they are compared to the harness fraternity I was part of.

I ran my first of many comps on Queens birthday weekend 2002 with $100 prize money,wife wasn't happy 

I took a bit of a break from posting a couple of years ago after a bit of an argument with somebody,who was proved to be a dick in the end,but still followed and read the posts.

Still NZs premier racing discussion site

Dont tell HuntethePunter that:rcfe-happy-2: even though your correct

Greg

7 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Fairly certain Angie and Dave launched Racecafe in 2000  or was it 2001?

It was either March or April so could well be the 20 year anniversary has gone. As a matter of interest I hope the posts 2000=2008 have not been dumped as they are a valuable progression of racing history in NZ.

We keep everything stored the good...the bad ...and the ugly.

We are only as good as you the contributors..people and personalities make this site, without them this site would be nothing as some are finding out elsewhere...thank you to everyone who contributed to those 200,000 over posts...you are the ones I should thank..it makes RaceCafe the site it is New Zealand's Premier site....lets get it to do at least another 200,000 posts.....as somebody often says bring it on!!!!

16 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I was only 10 when I joined ! :rcf-laughing-2: :rcf-laughing-1:

In these dark Covid-19-inspired 'Dob In A Wrongdoer' times, Baz, you run a grave danger of having Mr Plod knocking on your door to investigate claims made against you of 'Underage Betting'!

Excuses like 'It were twenty friggin' years ago!' won't wash, I fear!

7 minutes ago, Disillusioned said:

In these dark Covid-19-inspired 'Dob In A Wrongdoer' times, Baz, you run a grave danger of having Mr Plod knocking on your door to investigate claims made against you of 'Underage Betting'!

Excuses like 'It were twenty friggin' years ago!' won't wash, I fear!

Well it does feel a long long time ago...maybe I was a bit older than 10 ! :rcf-silent: :rcf-laughing-1:

2 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Well it does feel a long long time ago...maybe I was a bit older than 10 ! :rcf-silent: :rcf-laughing-1:

I was an angel as a youngster, Baz.

I think my first bet (well, my first bet on my own) was on the Melbourne Cup of 1969 - I backed the NZ horse that paid $4-something to place when it ran third.

I'd have been 18 then...

26 minutes ago, Disillusioned said:

I think my first bet (well, my first bet on my own) was on the Melbourne Cup of 1969 - I backed the NZ horse that paid $4-something to place when it ran third.

I'd have been 18 then...

Me too...My first bet $1ew please Mum! ....or at least was my first winning bet I remember was in the late 70's or early 80's.
It was down South on a horse called Miles Better. Loved that horse and racing ever since! :wub:
I was almost 10 back then too...I just never grew up! :lol:

Sad to see it all come to this now! :(

9 hours ago, Disillusioned said:

I'd have been 18 then...

I was probably the same . I used to save up funds and back the last 10 numbers in the book for a place. Very scientidfic, not, but those were the days a roughie or two would turn up at 20's the place . Very profitable for quite  a few years in late 60's early 70's

9 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Me too...My first bet $1ew please Mum! ....or at least was my first winning bet I remember was in the late 70's or early 80's.
It was down South on a horse called Miles Better. Loved that horse and racing ever since! :wub:
I was almost 10 back then too...I just never grew up! :lol:

Sad to see it all come to this now! :(

What a tough horse he was, must have won quite a few races, someone told me his owner has a pie shop now, miles better pies.