RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Great decision Opie

Opies here to stay , loyalty  and confidence in the future at Te Akau seems to have swayed him to stay , this is  brilliant news for NZ racing  fans .

"" Te Akau Racing have confirmed that leading jockey Opie Bosson will remain as their number one retained rider for the upcoming 2020/21 racing season.  Te Akau trainer Jamie Richards added:

“Opie is such an asset to the team – obviously on race day as he is in a class of his own. His feedback from track work and trials is invaluable, he just has such a unique feel of where each horse is at.”

Bosson also reiterated his commitment to the stable in the statement. “I definitely strongly considered re-locating to Australia for the new season,” he said.  .  

“However I have been to Te Akau Stud and the Matamata stable and after seeing the quality of yearlings David (Ellis) has bought, and also seeing how the older horses had spelled – I wanted to be part of the future success I know is coming.  “The talent the stable has just blew me away." 

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

Opies here to stay , loyalty  and confidence in the future at Te Akau seems to have swayed him to stay , this is  brilliant news for NZ racing  fans .

"" Te Akau Racing have confirmed that leading jockey Opie Bosson will remain as their number one retained rider for the upcoming 2020/21 racing season.  Te Akau trainer Jamie Richards added:

“Opie is such an asset to the team – obviously on race day as he is in a class of his own. His feedback from track work and trials is invaluable, he just has such a unique feel of where each horse is at.”

Bosson also reiterated his commitment to the stable in the statement. “I definitely strongly considered re-locating to Australia for the new season,” he said.  .  

“However I have been to Te Akau Stud and the Matamata stable and after seeing the quality of yearlings David (Ellis) has bought, and also seeing how the older horses had spelled – I wanted to be part of the future success I know is coming.  “The talent the stable has just blew me away." 

I dont know either of them personally but I'd respectively suggest them having the farm would have swayed them quite considerably. Even though they could have got someone in to manage it, I'm guessing Opie is a bit of a "home body" and loves tinkering around on the farm on the days that he's not away on raceday and trials etc. The farm would be on the opposite end of the scale to the hustle and bustle of the Sydney scene and I'm talking about the living scene not the racing scene.