RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

Northern Racing inc.

2 minutes ago, TurnipOrange said:

Whats a Corntina???

A 1960-70's car also known as a Rolls Canardly.......gets to a hill and rolls down one side and can hardly get up the other.

As an extra during sale it has a Corn Cob in the glovebox to enhance sale.....a Corntina .

Seriously though , I do  volunteer work sometimes out that way and call in for few races to support the place or may have a small interest in one running or trialling and the place cannot seriously meet most minimum standards as a sporting or racing venue which invites the public in.

The big stand is a disgrace...Ive been stubbing my cigarette out on paper in it for years but the only accessible areas are concrete steps and it has failed to ignite !

If you haven't been ,hold comments until you visit.

Track is good for most of year , stables ,parade ring well situated to where the loyal followers and members gather......NO issues with social distancing!

Coffee cart and hot chips good !

On 5/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, Kingshill said:

Along similar lines....Talking about tracks/Merging etc........Here in the Mighty Manawatu, has anyone thought about selling off both Awapuni and the Trotting/Greyhound course as both surrounded by housing and on the fringe of the city - Then start with a clean sheet at Foxton?

Plenty of room to strech out at Foxton - Think Mega training centre with top notch facilities - Gallops/Trots?/Greyhounds.

Awapuni function centre could still be kept as offices/Function centre.

Foxton only 20 odd minutes away from Palmerston North.

Could even lobby to get the train line re-instated from Palmy to Foxton? - Could double up as a rail link for frieght from State highway 1 (Foxton into Palmy) and there used to be a rail line in place back in the day and plenty of room on the wide road shoulders.

Is that too much common sense for a Sunday? Should I go back to Sleep?:rcf-laughing-2::rcf-laughing-1:

P.S - I'm not a member of either racing club and don't reside in Palmerston North or Foxton.

Bumped...... In relation to recent thread.