RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nerula

Northern Racing inc.

Avondale RC members are feeling aggrieved at their loss of 'licence to race" and that is very understandable. But out of change comes opportunity. A chance to be part of something bigger than will be always successful. An amalgamation of the assets of Avondale,  Counties and ARC under the structure of private company.

Never mind the sop of a free room at Ellerslie - all Avondale JC members become Life Members with rights that transfer down to family in perpetuity wherever Northern  Inc races..

The funds coming from asset realization to be used to put AW tracks in at Pukekohe and Ellerslie and the creation of an investment fund that would support all racing activity.

Counties has excess land that has been rezoned and a rapidly growing population. With the asset backing available form a subsidary development division and build and retain the freehold investments.

If anyone else thinks they would like the Avondale assets AJC should tell them  to get stuffed. Its not much use giving them to the wasteful Goff. And to give to a charity is a feel good that will not last. Remember the great McKenzie charity that came from the store chain? I thought not!

Its a chance for AJC members to create something for their good for all time. 

Should a $60 per annum fee really give you the power to impact on the livelihoods of racing's future?

Do the Forsman's, Marsh's, Johnson's and equine vet students of NZ really need or want people blinded by nostalgia and dogma voting on their behalf?

34 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Avondale RC members are feeling aggrieved at their loss of 'licence to race" and that is very understandable. But out of change comes opportunity. A chance to be part of something bigger than will be always successful. An amalgamation of the assets of Avondale,  Counties and ARC under the structure of private company.

Never mind the sop of a free room at Ellerslie - all Avondale JC members become Life Members with rights that transfer down to family in perpetuity wherever Northern  Inc races..

The funds coming from asset realization to be used to put AW tracks in at Pukekohe and Ellerslie and the creation of an investment fund that would support all racing activity.

Counties has excess land that has been rezoned and a rapidly growing population. With the asset backing available form a subsidary development division and build and retain the freehold investments.

If anyone else thinks they would like the Avondale assets AJC should tell them  to get stuffed. Its not much use giving them to the wasteful Goff. And to give to a charity is a feel good that will not last. Remember the great McKenzie charity that came from the store chain? I thought not!

The sale of racecourses and the funds will be used to pay the top brass more money,what else would you think it would be for?

1 minute ago, mikenz said:

The sale of racecourses and the funds will be used to pay the top brass more money,what else would you think it would be for?

Your right , if that's a community asset , sports fields , Sunday markets before that's given up they would want to see some serious belt tightening from all corners of industry surely , are some these other big players giving up assets to assist, selling paddocks and donating money etc .If they give up too easily , top players in industry kick back relax on taxpayer handout and free money from clubs. Some in industry certainly are greedy,  self serving and in  it only for themselves   as most public can clearly see , and comment as such , so why give easy 300 mill to them.

There could of course be a good outcome if negotiated well, racing , market and sport could win out of a couple hundred million, if it's a shared asset why does one party believe they have claim to whole pot . Some for housing , an area for market and brand new artifical sports pitches and equipment , balance to good of racing .

The Bill is very specific. All existing community interests are to be factored in. Nett proceeds are then distributed solely to the racing codes.

We are talking track upgrades. Equine and jockey welfare, amenity maintenance, disabled facilities..........

RITA can't touch it...its for racing only.

37 minutes ago, wobbly said:

The Bill is very specific. All existing community interests are to be factored in. Nett proceeds are then distributed solely to the racing codes.

We are talking track upgrades. Equine and jockey welfare, amenity maintenance, disabled facilities..........

RITA can't touch it...its for racing only.

Exactly! what I proposed in the start does not step outside the bills intent. Can we stick to the topic please.

Along similar lines....Talking about tracks/Merging etc........Here in the Mighty Manawatu, has anyone thought about selling off both Awapuni and the Trotting/Greyhound course as both surrounded by housing and on the fringe of the city - Then start with a clean sheet at Foxton?

Plenty of room to strech out at Foxton - Think Mega training centre with top notch facilities - Gallops/Trots?/Greyhounds.

Awapuni function centre could still be kept as offices/Function centre.

Foxton only 20 odd minutes away from Palmerston North.

Could even lobby to get the train line re-instated from Palmy to Foxton? - Could double up as a rail link for frieght from State highway 1 (Foxton into Palmy) and there used to be a rail line in place back in the day and plenty of room on the wide road shoulders.

Is that too much common sense for a Sunday? Should I go back to Sleep?:rcf-laughing-2::rcf-laughing-1:

P.S - I'm not a member of either racing club and don't reside in Palmerston North or Foxton.

2 hours ago, Kingshill said:

Along similar lines....Talking about tracks/Merging etc........Here in the Mighty Manawatu, has anyone thought about selling off both Awapuni and the Trotting/Greyhound course as both surrounded by housing and on the fringe of the city - Then start with a clean sheet at Foxton?

Plenty of room to strech out at Foxton - Think Mega training centre with top notch facilities - Gallops/Trots?/Greyhounds.

Could even lobby to get the train line re-instated from Palmy to Foxton? - Could double up as a rail link for frieght from State highway 1 (Foxton into Palmy) and there used to be a rail line in place back in the day and plenty of room on the wide road shoulders.

Is that too much common sense for a Sunday? Should I go back to Sleep?:rcf-laughing-2::rcf-laughing-1:

P.S - I'm not a member of either racing club and don't reside in Palmerston North or Foxton.

Absolutely sounds like a good idea, this is "progress" and "change" in the industry after all. Get some "Dialogue" going thats whats needed isn't it? It's sound like an "Industry Wide View", that hasn't ignored tracks in "isolation".

Manawatu could find inspiration from Fielding and Beaumont over such a suggestion.

Lets hear it from all your Manawatu Racing Club Members???

2 hours ago, Kingshill said:

Yet again someone comes up with an idea out of the square , which might be feasible , might not . But wait the powers that be don't want the plebs involved , don't want any consultation with the great unwashed . If they had gone out to the coal face and held workshops where industry participants who wished to , could come along and throw a few ideas around . And who knows out of the hundreds maybe evens thousands of outa whack and dumbass suggestions that got thrown around , maybe , just maybe 5 , 10 or 20 ideas might have shone thru as really forward thinking  and pro active enough to be put into practice and be of real value in helping rebuild racing and improve turnover , hence improve returns . And making racing great again , well at least sustainable .

But no the wise ones say we know best , you dirt trackers stay out of it , we know we've got shit loads wrong in the past but you watch this time we're on the right track , you know the right track , the same ones we've been on for decades , but this time we have seen the rainbow , it's just up ahead , just around the corner , hang on , you'll see it soon , TRUST US .

Mate they have had workshops of people talking down to you. Then Poooopers mate , the bloke that raced 90 set up these sector group meetings and some hired Facilitator turkey tried to barnstorm ideas and lead everyone to a conclusion he desired. Total bullshit.

Actually Saundry at TR is doing a better job than those that went before so I am sorry he is in the mess others have caused..

24 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Mate they have had workshops of people talking down to you. Then Poooopers mate , the bloke that raced 90 set up these sector group meetings and some hired Facilitator turkey tried to barnstorm ideas and lead everyone to a conclusion he desired. Total bullshit.

Actually Saundry at TR is doing a better job than those that went before so I am sorry he is in the mess others have caused..

Yea but were they put out as workshops as i suggest or were they feel good workshops for the benefit of PR . First i've heard of them to be honest , might have been on a need to know basis to get an invite .

9 hours ago, Nerula said:

Succinctly put Nerula. Very similar to what I have been mulling over for the last couple of days as a Member of both AJC and Ellerslie. Time to bury the hatchet and talk about preserving Avondale's equity for the industry it was created for--RACING. Hoping AJC is preparing for yet another SGM so members can debate future before lawyer's graft sucks the life out of a reasoned discourse. ( A feature not seen previously at the AJC I know).Forget about preserving the Markets for the supposed 20K attendees.If they are so enamoured of Avondale "Where the F" were they when racing was being held? I played rugby regularly in the centrefield of the track 50 years ago, never missed a race meeting through my teens and twenties, subsequently lived out west for 20 years and never missed a meeting, but unfortunately the present squalid condition of the set-up, plus the realities of today's racing environment (no training facilities for the non-existent trainers, transport grid-lock, expensive OSH regulations etc, etc) means "the train has left the station" and the AJC is still standing on the platform.

Time to shelve vindictiveness and try and retrieve some mementoes from the embers rather than see all the AJC equity end up in the hands of Ardern's Marxist mates, especially Goff et al.

9 hours ago, wobbly said:

Should a $60 per annum fee really give you the power to impact on the livelihoods of racing's future?

Do the Forsman's, Marsh's, Johnson's and equine vet students of NZ really need or want people blinded by nostalgia and dogma voting on their behalf?

So by your reasoning Wobbly all the decisions should be made by racing's MONIED fraternity? Well best it is all left to the bureaucracy that have financially raped the industry then.

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

So by your reasoning Wobbly all the decisions should be made by racing's MONIED fraternity? Well best it is all left to the bureaucracy that have financially raped the industry then.

Sorry Chevy, I dont really understand your angle. NZTR are anything but "monied".

What they are though...is a hell of a lot closer to the next generation of racing's infrastructure than the majority of the AJC membership.

I POSTED THIS HERE IN SEPTEMBER 2019

STAGE 1: Example Upper North

AUCKLAND RACING INC - Auckland Ellerslie (Grass Turf)

Auckland RC
Avondale JC
Counties RC
Pakuranga Hunt
Dargaville RC
Whangarei RC
Thames JC
Pukekohe - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Ruakaka or Avondale - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Ellerslie - Weekend/Premier Racing Only

WAIKATO RACING INC - Cambridge Greenfields (StrathAyr Turf)
Waikato RC
Cambridge JC
Matamata RC
Waipa RC
Racing Te Aroha
South Waikato RC
Waikato Hunt
Te Aroha - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Matamata - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Cambridge - Training/Trials/Weekend/Premier Racing Only

BAY OF PLENTY RACING INC - Tauranga Gate Pa (Grass Turf)

Racing Tauranga
Racing Rotorua
Racing Taupo
Whakatane RC
Rotorua & Bay Of Plenty Hunt
Taumarunui RC
Taupo - Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Te Teko - Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years

Tauranga - Training/Weekend/Premier Racing Only

20 CLUBS = Racetracks Minimum 3 - Maximum 9

I like your thinking Baz , at the very least your thinking of something that hasn't been tried , might work , might not . Someone might point out a refinement or two or five . But unfortunately as we discuss all the time they have never asked for new ideas or thoughts , never wanted to . Imagine if we got 40/50 ideas like yours to thrash around . But it's all good they've got it under control . 

1 hour ago, nomates said:

I like your thinking Baz , at the very least your thinking of something that hasn't been tried , might work , might not . Someone might point out a refinement or two or five . But unfortunately as we discuss all the time they have never asked for new ideas or thoughts , never wanted to . Imagine if we got 40/50 ideas like yours to thrash around . But it's all good they've got it under control . 

Give them 2 years and they'll bring it out as their own idea.

On 5/17/2020 at 12:19 PM, wobbly said:

Nerula, love your idea but the deeply entrenched anti-ARC feelings make it same odds as a fat poodle jumping Cutts brush.

No the anti ARC thing is redundant. The AJC Members hook into a new entity with equal rights as members from the other two clubs.The asset base is huge and its destiny assured. Sure there will be cliques, but all get to vote. Thats healthy! To remove the parochialism will eventually bring more fairness and with that conciliation.

To keep up old  hurts of stolen dates suffered by AJC (same as Counties) and other issues is childish.  Quote - "If you wish to commit an act of revenge first dig two graves".

Avondale is dead. There can be better future.

2 minutes ago, Nerula said:

No the anti ARC thing is redundant. The AJC Members hook into a new entity with equal rights as members from the other two clubs.The asset base is huge and its destiny assured. Sure there will be cliques, but all get to vote. Thats healthy! To remove the parochialism will eventually bring more fairness and with that conciliation.

To keep up old  hurts of stolen dates suffered by AJC (same as Counties) and other issues is childish.  Quote - "If you wish to commit an act of revenge first dig two graves".

Avondale is dead. There can be better future.

Great Post Nerula! :rcf-in-love:

When were you last at Avo Leggy? Its like the old Corntina in your back yard, wont get a warrant, so cant get a rego to run.

And you think its worth getting the lawyers in?

For the record I am a life member of Counties only

On 5/17/2020 at 10:44 PM, Baz (NZ) said:

I POSTED THIS HERE IN SEPTEMBER 2019

STAGE 1: Example Upper North

AUCKLAND RACING INC - Auckland Ellerslie (Grass Turf)

Auckland RC
Avondale JC
Counties RC
Pakuranga Hunt
Dargaville RC
Whangarei RC
Thames JC
Pukekohe - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Ruakaka or Avondale - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Ellerslie - Weekend/Premier Racing Only

WAIKATO RACING INC - Cambridge Greenfields (StrathAyr Turf)
Waikato RC
Cambridge JC
Matamata RC
Waipa RC
Racing Te Aroha
South Waikato RC
Waikato Hunt
Te Aroha - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Matamata - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Cambridge - Training/Trials/Weekend/Premier Racing Only

BAY OF PLENTY RACING INC - Tauranga Gate Pa (Grass Turf)

Racing Tauranga
Racing Rotorua
Racing Taupo
Whakatane RC
Rotorua & Bay Of Plenty Hunt
Taumarunui RC
Taupo - Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years
Te Teko - Trials/Midweek Racing Only - Review 5 years

Tauranga - Training/Weekend/Premier Racing Only

20 CLUBS = Racetracks Minimum 3 - Maximum 9

In theory Baz quite a good idea, however you could run into the same problem that potentially put paid to the Warriors playing at Eden Park. I own a corporate box at EP which gives me rights to every match played there , however, should the Warriors be relocated for matches we get tossed out of our corporate facility.

Would you not run the same risk at Ellerslie given that they sell some of their corporate facilities for a season which means you would have a problem when Avondale , Counties etc. race there?