RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Avondale one of 10 galloping venues frozen out

5 minutes ago, Mattski said:

If Avondale sold the course etc. for anything like $300m and;

I). Invested it wisely.

2). Raced at Ellerslie

Wouldn't they potentially be the strongest club in NZ and the industry be better off??

Definitely could be an option. Except they have no dates now to race anywhere do they?

But surely they could make that (some decent dates) a condition of doing what's right for the industry; 

i.e. We will allow our assets to be sold for our benefit AND the industry's but you guys have to give us some decent dates to race at Ellerslie. They will have a pot of money to put towards decent stakes so RITA etc. will work with them if they just be co-operative.

16 minutes ago, Mattski said:

But surely they could make that (some decent dates) a condition of doing what's right for the industry; 

i.e. We will allow our assets to be sold for our benefit AND the industry's but you guys have to give us some decent dates to race at Ellerslie. They will have a pot of money to put towards decent stakes so RITA etc. will work with them if they just be co-operative.

Yes. I think that could and should be an option that they might negotiate or  it could be some combination of those so they come out with a decent amount of cash in the bank but still leave the sportsfields, market etc. for the community. I quite agree that the polarised approaches here are not helpful to either cause but it is RITA, NZTR, the Minister as well as the clubs to blame. Perhaps some sort of facilitated mediation process might be a way forward on a case by case basis over the next couple of years.

19 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Yes. I think that could and should be an option that they might negotiate or  it could be some combination of those so they come out with a decent amount of cash in the bank but still leave the sportsfields, market etc. for the community. I quite agree that the polarised approaches here are not helpful to either cause but it is RITA, NZTR, the Minister as well as the clubs to blame. Perhaps some sort of facilitated mediation process might be a way forward on a case by case basis over the next couple of years.

I doubt Avondale would bury their pig-headedness. Some think It’s in their DNA ! 

3 hours ago, Mattski said:

I). Invested it wisely.

2). Raced at Ellerslie

Wouldn't they potentially be the strongest club in NZ and the industry be better off??

Within 3 years they'd be getting shafted by Ellerslie & the industry, this industry is very quick to forget.

3 hours ago, Mattski said:

I). Invested it wisely.

2). Raced at Ellerslie

Within 3 years they'd be getting shafted by Ellerslie & the industry, this industry is very quick to forget.

6 hours ago, Mattski said:

I). Invested it wisely.

2). Raced at Ellerslie

Don't know about investing it wisely. They would hand over their assets to be sold and trust the benefactors to give them best deal.  Going by their  past record it would be like handing your cash flow card to a bloke with 50 burglary convictions.   Basically,   would you hand over anything to this wobegotten bunch of weasels ?   Would be  very few here before who have had one complimentary thing to say about the way they have run the circus , now they can be trusted to do handle the acquisition faithfully and with a morality, previously  not on display ?

Within a few years Avondale would be swallowed under ARC   or be run by the dictates of these bushwhackers who couldn't organise a egg and spoon race.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:56 AM, Mr Spyro said:

To be fair apart from the  few ARC big days , Magic Millions etc,  some of their weekend crowds don't look much bigger than Avondale midweek.   One friend said in a rather black way "   David Berokwitz could fire into the crowd there and not hit a soul "     Fancy getting beaten by Wairoa for turnover.   I always thought rightly or wrongly that Avondale's off course figures were among the higher for clubs.    The reasons why the merger was turned down are too extensive to detail here.

Magic Millions............. I thought that was raced in Australia ?

Any sales and profits from sold off land should remain at Club Level.

Under no circumstances should it be given to RITA, NZTR or any other badly run SUIT organisation!

Avondale JC & Auckland RC need to come together and invest in each other!

Then talk with Whangarei RC & Counties RC to strengthen that investment and future.

AUCKLAND RACING INC - Auckland Ellerslie (Grass Turf)
Auckland RC
Avondale JC
Counties RC
Pakuranga Hunt
Dargaville RC
Whangarei RC
Thames JC
Pukekohe - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only
Ruakaka  - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only
Ellerslie - Weekend/Premier Racing Only

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Any sales and profits from sold off land should remain at Club Level.

Under no circumstances should it be given to RITA, NZTR or any other badly run SUIT organisation!

Avondale JC & Auckland RC need to come together and invest in each other!

Then talk with Whangarei RC & Counties RC to strengthen that investment and future.

AUCKLAND RACING INC - Auckland Ellerslie (Grass Turf)
Auckland RC
Avondale JC
Counties RC
Pakuranga Hunt
Dargaville RC
Whangarei RC
Thames JC
Pukekohe - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only
Ruakaka  - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only
Ellerslie - Weekend/Premier Racing Only

If by 18 months time these 3 AWT are up and running , I very much doubt they will be but if they are in 15 years or so they will be due  a total resurface at about the same time , will racing have the money . Iam not making this up,  Martin Collins who owns the company putting it in reckons Kempton have done well,  getting 14 years out theirs with good maintenance.  There is a finite lifespan .

26 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

If by 18 months time these 3 AWT are up and running , I very much doubt they will be but if they are in 15 years or so they will be due  a total resurface at about the same time , will racing have the money . Iam not making this up,  Martin Collins who owns the company putting it in reckons Kempton have done well,  getting 14 years out theirs with good maintenance.  There is a finite lifespan .

In my opinion these AWT’s will be the same noose around the neck of the clubs down the track, that the ‘new’ betting platform is to the TAB (RITA).

23 minutes ago, Insider said:

In my opinion these AWT’s will be the same noose around the neck of the clubs down the track, that the ‘new’ betting platform is to the TAB (RITA).

They are excellent where really needed and highly respected company .

Ballarat looked good today I thought,  hardly any kickback .

But all three could require renewing at same time at huge cost. 

Martin Collins Polytrack , the interview on you tube by Sky UK at Chantilly he makes mention of Kempton age .Andrew Balding has just put in a new gallop , but if they canno afford a renew in 15 years they could be in the shit . Wolverhampton had real problems when it got old .His website very good for info on the track .

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

They are excellent where really needed and highly respected company .

Ballarat looked good today I thought,  hardly any kickback .

But all three could require renewing at same time at huge cost. 

Martin Collins Polytrack , the interview on you tube by Sky UK at Chantilly he makes mention of Kempton age .Andrew Balding has just put in a new gallop , but if they canno afford a renew in 15 years they could be in the shit . Wolverhampton had real problems when it got old .His website very good for info on the track .

What was Kempton used for , just racing ? The 3 proposed for us will be used for training , trials and racing . Cambridge is the biggest training center in Australasia , 1000 horses , that's a lot of hoofs going over it . Going to take regular and proper maintenance and even then could need replacing in 10 years or even less . A mine field .

1 minute ago, nomates said:

What was Kempton used for , just racing ? The 3 proposed for us will be used for training , trials and racing . Cambridge is the biggest training center in Australasia , 1000 horses , that's a lot of hoofs going over it . Going to take regular and proper maintenance and even then could need replacing in 10 years or even less . A mine field .

Just racing Kempton , just off M25 . Fantastic track for jump racing , good night out under floodlights for all weather last 15 years too .Wouldn't be used anywhere near Cambridge , although race plenty meetings . 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

YEP AGREE!  HENCE I SUGGESTED NOTHING LESS THAN STRATHAYR!
Do it once ! Do it Properly! or Don't Do it at all!
https://strathayrsolutions.com/turf-solutions/

WAIKATO RACING INC - Cambridge Greenfields (StrathAyr Turf)
Waikato RC
Cambridge JC
Matamata RC
Waipa RC
Racing Te Aroha
South Waikato RC
Waikato Hunt
Te Aroha - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only
Matamata - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only
Cambridge - Training/Trials/Weekend/Premier Racing Only

43 minutes ago, Insider said:

I note with interest Peter Vela being on the board making the decision but I also note that operators will probably make use of the track for NZB Ready To Run sale.

Clubs in order to get a dollar should muscle in on the Ready to Run concept by conducting sales all year round using either trials or racedays for parading the youngsters and making full use of video streaming overseas. NZB have had a monopoly for far too long. NZTR and other jurisdictions possess enough info to present adequate breeding catalogs.

21 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

YEP AGREE!  HENCE I SUGGESTED NOTHING LESS THAN STRATHAYR!
Do it once ! Do it Properly! or Don't Do it at all!
https://strathayrsolutions.com/turf-solutions/

WAIKATO RACING INC - Cambridge Greenfields (StrathAyr Turf)
Waikato RC
Cambridge JC
Matamata RC
Waipa RC
Racing Te Aroha
South Waikato RC
Waikato Hunt
Te Aroha - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only
Matamata - Training/Trials/Midweek Racing Only
Cambridge - Training/Trials/Weekend/Premier Racing Only

Arrived at Kranji once on train , it was raining hard , real hard and the canal that runs the water off the track that runs near railway line  was a raging torrent , there'd be no canoeing in it that's for sure . Got off train  walked into track, thought get myself a syrupy  coffee off the vendor that I'd weirdly taken a liking to , the coffee that is not the vendor,   on the  off chance it would still be on , but surely not no track takes that much water for such a length of time .Never in doubt , meeting started off on yielding,  by 5th or so good . Raced just fine no problem at all. 

The grass track there is amazing the artificial tracks not so..when they first went in so many horses breaking down and never racing again or having to be put down was unbelievable...same thing will happen here too...just wait and see...unless they are perfect they are unforgiving...lets see who runs for the hills when a few start going bang and the greenies are after them..who will cop the rap for the tracks then...worst decision ever IMO.I have seen the carnage first hand from them....and it aint pretty.

5 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

The grass track there is amazing the artificial tracks not so..when they first went in so many horses breaking down and never racing again or having to be put down was unbelievable...same thing will happen here too...just wait and see...unless they are perfect they are unforgiving...lets see who runs for the hills when a few start going bang and the greenies are after them..who will cop the rap for the tracks then...worst decision ever IMO.I have seen the carnage first hand from them....and it aint pretty.

The Kempton experience is interesting,  but not involving training of course.   But an English lad who works for me said that there would be at least a part- renewal of one track every two or three years at Newmarket.   I have concerns too, about maintenance and renewal costs.  No silver bullet that's for sure.