RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Avondale one of 10 galloping venues frozen out

My favourite track Trentham some 50 years of going there, but sadly I think it should close - sell up and create a venue at Kapiti Coast

Trentham is very run down and an item of history, very sad to say that but it is over

Had many happy days there - many with our departed mate Rumpole

For goodness sake, it's comments like that of Jan Skinners that make us cringe.

What a shocking attitude she has saying what she has about not keeping the track maintained. Handing over the land to the Plunket society would give Taxcinda an excuse to get her TEAM of puppets on it. No thanks, it belongs to the wider racing community.

Oh & on LABOUR RED background for a pamphlet, she's a known  puppet on Helen CLARK'S TEAM remember.

How much did the fliers cost?

Better to have committe members who know how to promote the industry & treat the wider racing community, including attendees, potential & other, with respect.

It's time some of those long standing Avondale committee stepped aside & let young & older wiser blood step in who know how to promote racing in our communities.

1 minute ago, meomy said:

For goodness sake, it's comments like that of Jan Skinners that make us cringe.

What a shocking attitude she has saying what she has about not keeping the track maintained. Handing over the land to the Plunket society would give Taxcinda an excuse to get her TEAM of puppets on it. No thanks, it belongs to the wider racing community.

Oh & on LABOUR RED background for a pamphlet, she's a known  puppet on Helen CLARK'S TEAM remember.

How much did the fliers cost?

Better to have committe members who know how to promote the industry & treat the wider racing community, including attendees, potential & other, with respect.

It's time some of those long standing Avondale committee stepped aside & let young & older wiser blood step in who know how to promote racing in our communities.

Well said Meomy !!

3 minutes ago, Proud Magpie said:

Well said Meomy !!

She should have been kicked out of Avondale Jockey Club years ago, as should her "Besties" who are, or were Glaziers for the AJC & who is also on the committee.

Join the dots to a scam and a half re broken windows, it's in there books who was paying who without accountability. The glaziers wife best friends husband who was their accountant went down for IRD Fraud last year.

We'll known around the traps what has unlawfully gone on.

Racing doesn't need people like them in it cooking the books or bringing racing into disrepute.

Skinners comments are questionable if she's crossed legal boundaries when she has legal obligations under various laws & Racing Acts. Tut, tut

52 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

My favourite track Trentham some 50 years of going there, but sadly I think it should close - sell up and create a venue at Kapiti Coast

Trentham is very run down and an item of history, very sad to say that but it is over

Had many happy days there - many with our departed mate Rumpole

I'm with you... I love Trentham and would be sad if it did go... but just as long as the replacement is say 2000m in circumfrence and at least a 500m straight.  Somewhere around Foxton would be ideal with the sandy base to drain away meaning great for Winter racing and of course its central to lots of places.

This track in Foxton would be better for punters than the all-weather track at Awapuni

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

I'm with you... I love Trentham and would be sad if it did go... but just as long as the replacement is say 2000m in circumfrence and at least a 500m straight.  Somewhere around Foxton would be ideal with the sandy base to drain away meaning great for Winter racing and of course its central to lots of places.

This track in Foxton would be better for punters than the all-weather track at Awapuni

Indeed ! Funds from the Sale of Trentham to build a quality Track & Venue elsewhere.

Foxton as good as any with the benefit of a sand base would need little work and of little cost to the industry.

NZTR or RITA (confusing who does what) can't go denying Avondale race dates because "the land is too valuable"

If Avondale goes to court RITA may be forced to pay Avondale large damages.

Just goes against every sense of natural justice. Avondale is a safe track, with a huge population base. 

You can understand their attitude , it's probably a bit like being made redundant , leaves you hollow . 

Think it's a bit on the nose from NZTR to take their meetings but want them to keep their track up to standard for trials and possible xfers .

They either want the track closed down or not . Even now they cant make a strong decision . 

Why wouldn't a cancelled Puke meeting be xfered to the new A/W track in Cambridge ?

All being done on the hoof , with no real conviction they believe their getting it right .

10 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Indeed ! Funds from the Sale of Trentham to build a quality Track & Venue elsewhere.

Foxton as good as any with the benefit of a sand base would need little work and of little cost to the industry.

Have said this for years , i grew up going to Trentham , 46 years now . The powers that be have absolutely no idea how great a racing surface Foxton is , has been a huge loss for CD racing in recent seasons .

4 minutes ago, nomates said:

You can understand their attitude , it's probably a bit like being made redundant , leaves you hollow . 

Think it's a bit on the nose from NZTR to take their meetings but want them to keep their track up to standard for trials and possible xfers .

They either want the track closed down or not . Even now they cant make a strong decision . 

Why wouldn't a cancelled Puke meeting be xfered to the new A/W track in Cambridge ?

All being done on the hoof , with no real conviction they believe their getting it right .

NZTR doesn't issue the licences for race dates,  (NZRB) RITA does. 

15 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

NZTR or RITA (confusing who does what) can't go denying Avondale race dates because "the land is too valuable"

If Avondale goes to court RITA may be forced to pay Avondale large damages.

Just goes against every sense of natural justice. Avondale is a safe track, with a huge population base. 

So why haven't the huge population base been attending?

Do they know when race meetings are held?

Do they feel welcome attending those race meetings?

It's overdue the committe got out a scrubbing brush & cleaned up the facilities & had a working bee like good hard working committees would do.

Find a good paint manufacturer and paint the place rather than demolish buildings, some of which are likely to be Heritage ones.

We live in financially constrained times so any thought of demolition / construction should be put on the back burner. Besides the Greens projects are focused on been Environmentally friendly so it's better to restore & retain existing facilities.

They would never dare spend monies not there's, or inflict debt on future generations during War times and now is a similar time in history.

Perhaps it says something about the way some on the committee fail to perform required services that Avondale stands & facilities are in the unkempt state they are in.

Why is there still a pool of water where recent year surfaces have been laid?

Was it followed up with the contractor to come back & fix it up?

If not, why not?

1 hour ago, Proud Magpie said:

Avondale .......... warm beers , cold pies , broken windows , threadbare carpet ............and  run by a bunch of Labour Party sympathisers .

Good riddance to the shit-hole !!!

This is the point to me, for all we know your home might be regarded as shit  hole by others, but it is still  your home,  in this case a $ 300 million shit hole though   As far as I know they don't owe anything. so  almost like an authority  coming to you and saying we'll take that asset from you with no recompense.   What they have has been built over over many years of membership doesn't belong to anyone else,  no one has put anything into it that hasn't been paid back  like once you pay a mortgage it is  your property.    If  it happens to be right in this case,  is it right if they come back later and wanted Auckland Racing Club or any another valuable piece of land , where does it end ?  I can't help think it is theft by stealth / legislation.  When this was proposed one of the RITA leading authorities admitted he doubted legality of seizing races courses, fearing it wouldn't stand up in a court of law.   It wouldn't, so does a swipe of the pen, and actually changing the racing act make what was legally doubtful before   it right now ?   Forget about it being Avondale for just a minute and think about it being  Ellerslie, Addington or whatever, the underlaying principle means the same,

Does anyone have a copy of the podcast from Marcus Lush's show  last night & discussions on ZB about Avondale & Night Race meetings?

Unfortunately we never heard what was discussed however there's always a good story from someone.

It's a disgrace that we currently don't have Trackside Radio to have verbal voice callers to share our discussions with the wider community as it would give those who may not know about forums like Race cafe or who may not use the internet, & plenty across NZ to this day don't have "access" for whatever reason, an avenue to share ideas from the wider community who we should be encouraging into our industry.

Ditto a weekly racing publication like the Friday Flash in print copy available at all supermarkets on the counter.

They provided an avenue for our voices, that of the little people in the community, to have letters to the editor etc published & shared or to ring in to put forth ideas.

That said, Race Form should get it's act together, get into all supermarkets & in prime position at the counter where the trashy Woman's weekly rags that have gone under used to be displayed & capitalise on previous & new market audiences. 

nomates, what do you have to say about that idea!?

Is that good or what?

Racing Making Hay whilst the sun shines

2 minutes ago, meomy said:

Does anyone have a copy of the podcast from Marcus Lush's show  last night & discussions on ZB about Avondale & Night Race meetings?

Unfortunately we never heard what was discussed however there's always a good story from someone.

It's a disgrace that we currently don't have Trackside Radio to have verbal voice callers to share our discussions with the wider community as it would give those who may not know about forums like Race cafe or who may not use the internet, & plenty across NZ to this day don't have "access" for whatever reason. 

Ditto a weekly racing publication like the Friday Flash in print copy available at all supermarkets on ther counter.

That said, Race Form should get it's act together, get into all supermarkets & in prime position at the counter where the trashy Woman's weekly rags that have gone under used to be displayed!!

nomates, what do you have to say about that idea!?

Is that good or what?

Racing Making Hay whilst the sun shines

Supermarkets aren't interested in race form publications , have asked at many such businesses if they sold such publications but they have always said it's not been a product they wished to sell . It's the old generalisation of the grubby old TAB types , which of course we know is not correct . 

@nomates

I'm sure there are those that would happily take them to fill gaps in there stands & markets.

I don't think our local supermarket has ever been asked.

Whereas I know Countdown staff were to lazy & uneducated to put publications out on the day they arrived as they always had a designated staff member to put magazines out at the start of the week... That's no use to those wanting Racing publications published for use on a Thursday, is it?

With far less magazines to go out and with a little help perhaps been told what to do every day the last 7 weeks maybe staff might have a little more discipline to do as asked for there customers!

I want to ask a question . 

If RITA/NZTR and all the tracks are part of the one entity and as such tracks are essentially owned by the wider racing industry , then to whom does the responsibility fall to maintain said facilities and not allow them to fall into disrepair ? . The individual  club/clubs that utilize each track or the parent body ?

Just a question that has been raised by a non racing friend .

My non racing friend thinks that it falls to the parent body .

5 minutes ago, meomy said:

@nomates

I'm sure there are those that would happily take them to fill gaps in there stands & markets.

I don't think our local supermarket has ever been asked.

Whereas I know Countdown staff were to lazy & uneducated to put publications out on the day they arrived as they always had a designated staff member to put magazines out at the start of the week... That's no use to those wanting Racing publications published for use on a Thursday, is it?

With far less magazines to go out and with a little help perhaps been told what to do every day the last 7 weeks maybe staff might have a little more discipline to do as asked for there customers!

If i remember correctly my local New  World would stock them but religiously they would have to go searching for them when i queried there where abouts but eventually stopped as they reckoned they weren't selling . 

2 hours ago, Proud Magpie said:

Avondale .......... warm beers , cold pies , broken windows , threadbare carpet ............and  run by a bunch of Labour Party sympathisers .

Good riddance to the shit-hole !!!

Blimey   it's perfect for a British Union convention of old pom union shop stewards  , when flights start again they need to promote it in old English rundown  industrial towns  , absolutely perfect , warm beer and a cold pie bliss.