RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Racing gone at 14 venues next season - check out all the race dates

On 5/15/2020 at 8:19 PM, Leggy said:

OK. Ta. I'll report back when I get that information.

The information on the consultation and submission process for the racing calendar is sent directly to all New Zealand racing clubs and recognised racing industry organisations. These groups are provided with a link to complete an online forum by 4pm on 15 June 2020. This is an established process which take place every year.

If you wish to send through a personal submission in relation to the draft calendar, you can send a completed submission to my colleague, James Bowden, Senior Advisor Racing and Sport at james.bowden@tab.co.nz by the deadline.

33 minutes ago, Leggy said:

The information on the consultation and submission process for the racing calendar is sent directly to all New Zealand racing clubs and recognised racing industry organisations. These groups are provided with a link to complete an online forum by 4pm on 15 June 2020. This is an established process which take place every year.

If you wish to send through a personal submission in relation to the draft calendar, you can send a completed submission to my colleague, James Bowden, Senior Advisor Racing and Sport at james.bowden@tab.co.nz by the deadline.

This kind of carry on is all very well, but utterly pointless when no one listens to anything, its just going through the motions as the decisions are already made.

39 minutes ago, Huey said:

This kind of carry on is all very well, but utterly pointless when no one listens to anything, its just going through the motions as the decisions are already made.

This was my query.

I can't however find any information/template or whatever for submissions on the consultation process or even who to send such a submission to.

I  also can't seem to find any underlying paper/ data/ cost-benefit analysis which informs the decisions about which tracks are and are not retained for licensing nor what data informs the reduction in dates. Would you kindly point me to those please?

I wouldn't think the above is really an answer except to get them through a club or industry organisation.

13 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I'm amazed they have a senior advisor who covers both racing and sport. I would have thought they were quite distinct activities.

Probably economising on staff costs. I thought racing was a sport. Didn't it used to be referred to as the sport of kings?

"Nationally the average field size has fallen from 11.12 to 10.49 in 2019 and will have declined further by the end of 2020."

What is this prediction based on Barry? Further poor programming?

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

"Nationally the average field size has fallen from 11.12 to 10.49 in 2019 and will have declined further by the end of 2020."

Probably a consequence of owners finally throwing up their hands in disgust and giving up.

15 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

Probably a consequence of owners finally throwing up their hands in disgust and giving up.

Professor Coronavirus " Lockdown" Neil Fergusson of Imperial College of London & SAGE UK doing!!

One would reasonably expect those making submissions & decision making to incorporate those facts into documentations..

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

See my other reply here to Pam R re Fergusson & SAGE

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 9:06 AM, Chris Wood said:

Agree with some of the closures, but Gisborne and Wairoa?
Hard to fathom the savings at these two tracks, all volunteers, always super crowds.

TeTeko, another good go to track, crowds also flock there, and at what cost to the industry?

These people that attended the meetings will be lost to Racing forever, and at what cost?
Trackside Radio decision irks me no end, then the non publication of racing information in our daily newspapers.

Pods at the races instead of tote operators?
I still have work to do on this lovely Saturday morning here in Cambridge, wish I had a bit more time to add to the death knell knee jerk reactions RITA have come out with...

Not sure where our beloved industry is going to finish up....

Does anyone know if any of the powers that be have asked for, or are receiving any of the $50 million Kris Fafoi said is going to help the media?

Racing publications including Race Form , Trackside Radio & Trackside TV are MEDIA.

Those who have lost jobs or are hanging in there awaiting resumption of jobs in those fields of Racing should be asking questions and for assistance to get our industry back up and running.

I'm sure Radio Sport & other stations & media will be getting assistance  so why not Racing which used to employ a considerable number of New Zealanders, and contribute millions of monies to Her Majesty's coffers & enjoyment in life.

I await with interest what Bernard Saundrey & associates have to say & expect a media release immediately about this.

The sooner we have ALL forms of our Radio, print & television broadcasts back up & running the better.