RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Racing gone at 14 venues next season - check out all the race dates

4 hours ago, nomates said:

Attempted Huey , they haven't got it yet . With a bare bones operation , which agree i with , the only real savings must travel and accommodation for staff to places like Gisy and Wairoa . But then why no Waipuk , will cost more to go to Hastings . As you say there is no detail and that is what is getting peoples backs up . The time for them to saying " just trust us " is long gone . Again the press release was all just worn cliches . If this is a new dawn then they have to start being more transparent with industry participants .

In light of the snowball effect of Covid 19 related economic harm, there will be plenty of accommodation providers happy to welcome visitors to the rural regions in those places where they would normally have community social events like race meetings, including over school holidays & ordinary holidays. 

There's those who have moved out of the cities to country locations to extended family as they have lost jobs who may have skill sets, and networks to get these places up & running for the betterment of community health.

Another Golden Egg opportunity to embrace the community spirit we know & grew up with in NZ.

9 minutes ago, meomy said:

In light of the snowball effect of Covid 19 related economic harm, there will be plenty of accommodation providers happy to welcome visitors to the rural regions in those places where they would normally have community social events like race meetings, including over school holidays & ordinary holidays. 

There's those who have moved out of the cities to country locations to extended family as they have lost jobs who may have skill sets, and networks to get these places up & running for the betterment of community health.

Another Golden Egg opportunity to embrace the community spirit we know & grew up with in NZ.

I've told you once , now tone it down . 

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

I  also can't seem to find any underlying paper/ data/ cost-benefit analysis which informs the decisions about which tracks are and are not retained for licensing nor what data informs the reduction in dates. Are you able able to point me to those or do I need to contact RITA?

You will need to change your name to Leggy The Magician if you can conjure that type of detail out of RITA!

I'm thinking of one of the clubs on the list and just  discussing a few things with a trainer there. They have a very hard working committee and local track is sort of social meeting point for trainers. all enjoy each other's company and  good blokes,   Many of them are part timers who fit training with other commitments of work , mixed with some long standing trainers. If the course shut down, the part timers wouldn't want to travel and spend extra 1  to 2 hours  a day travelling horse to nearest venue for training,  as would cut into work day, so you lose them from the game, then the older guys would probably just pack it in rather than relocate.  So all those people are  just lost from the game.   Surely the idea can't be to force all that experience out of the game, what good at all does that do the industry ?

14 minutes ago, Mr Spyro said:

I'm thinking of one of the clubs on the list and just  discussing a few things with a trainer there. They have a very hard working committee and local track is sort of social meeting point for trainers. all enjoy each other's company and  good blokes,   Many of them are part timers who fit training with other commitments of work , mixed with some long standing trainers. If the course shut down, the part timers wouldn't want to travel and spend extra 1  to 2 hours  a day travelling horse to nearest venue for training,  as would cut into work day, so you lose them from the game, then the older guys would probably just pack it in rather than relocate.  So all those people are  just lost from the game.   Surely the idea can't be to force all that experience out of the game, what good at all does that do the industry ?

My argument for a long time , one of the posters on here Puha , said last night if Waipuk is closed then his and his wifes 12 horses are sold and they are finished so not a far fetched scenario .

There is a lot more implications around track closures even if someone wanted to continue else where , selling properties that are set up for racing , who's buying it . Moving families from schools , family ties etc . But i don't think a lot of this is of concern to the powers that be .

18 minutes ago, nomates said:

My argument for a long time , one of the posters on here Puha , said last night if Waipuk is closed then his and his wifes 12 horses are sold and they are finished so not a far fetched scenario .

There is a lot more implications around track closures even if someone wanted to continue else where , selling properties that are set up for racing , who's buying it . Moving families from schools , family ties etc . But i don't think a lot of this is of concern to the powers that be .

Having your racing license taken away is out of all clubs hands I guess but what isn’t imo is the right to stay operating as a training facility ,farm jumpouts and in lots of cases a valuable resource for the wider community . I can’t get my head around how some think they could just seize that asset and use it how they wish using the weak argument it’s for the betterment of the wider industry . If the clubs still operate as I’ve mentioned the general local public will be the big losers with no access to live racing . What the F is happening to our country within a week Cops can enter your home without a search warrant  and a whiskey swilling politician thinks he can start thieving others land with the swish of a pen .Cant see rural NZ bending over to easy .

I think that I will write to Ian Long and ask him to tell us who currently owns the land that the vanished clubs sit on. I will also ask him, what is the unimproved value of the land? The last question shouldn’t be too hard for him or his cronies because it will be clearly shown on their rate demands. 
The problem that I am creating though, is that I am keeping him in a job another day longer than he should be. :D

53 minutes ago, Insider said:

I think that I will write to Ian Long and ask him to tell us who currently owns the land that the vanished clubs sit on. I will also ask him, what is the unimproved value of the land? The last question shouldn’t be too hard for him or his cronies because it will be clearly shown on their rate demands. 
The problem that I am creating though, is that I am keeping him in a job another day longer than he should be. :D

Who received the proceeds from Marton and Paeroa courses?? There is your answer..

buts that’s academic.

This ruthlessness is the best thing to hit racing.

Well overdue and the only thing that may give some hope to the industry. Stay doing what you are doing and you will all be racing for $10 at an equalisator meeting. 10 clubs and half the horses.. we might have something to keep the now interested people happy for their lifetime. The next generation will watch virtual racing, if at all.

The biggest losers are possibly the breeders with nowhere to get rid of their unwanted. “They” should have been funding an industry and its management, as they need it.

What concerns me is that WP gave us $72.5m. He doesn’t give out money without receiving something in return.

9 hours ago, puha said:

Having your racing license taken away is out of all clubs hands I guess but what isn’t imo is the right to stay operating as a training facility ,farm jumpouts and in lots of cases a valuable resource for the wider community . I can’t get my head around how some think they could just seize that asset and use it how they wish using the weak argument it’s for the betterment of the wider industry . If the clubs still operate as I’ve mentioned the general local public will be the big losers with no access to live racing . What the F is happening to our country within a week Cops can enter your home without a search warrant  and a whiskey swilling politician thinks he can start thieving others land with the swish of a pen .Cant see rural NZ bending over to easy .

Hope with a bit of time you guys rethink your position , you guys are what NZ racing represents . Good luck whichever path you choose . 

10 hours ago, Mr Spyro said:

I'm afraid it is, they don't care about the trainers you have spoken about , they never have. Like the clubs there is a bit of the in crowd and I doubt any trainers at these tracks are on it.

There must be some seriously unsustainable clubs out  there at the moment , who are in the in crowd but haven't been  targeted (because they just make this stuff up about cost savings etc ) and clubs that have problems of their own that aren't being looked at. This list is probably a list of the most sustainable clubs in the country and they are easy targets.

Its such a flawed analysis , especially with NZTR pushing it.

10 hours ago, nomates said:

Exactly and that'll happen across the country and have a far bigger impact than what people realise, in their minds they think they are setting up racing like in Singapore/HK they are dreaming they are instead ruining it. 

I bet that track Puha is at costs the industry nothing to operate? 

9 hours ago, puha said:

That's not fair Puha . NZTR have done some very significant analysis on all of this see below:

At this time it is important everyone takes an industry-wide view and not consider venues in isolation. - Bernard Saundry

So there you go that some seriously impressive input.

1 hour ago, Phillipe said:

Who received the proceeds from Marton and Paeroa courses?? There is your answer..

buts that’s academic.

This ruthlessness is the best thing to hit racing.

Well overdue and the only thing that may give some hope to the industry. Stay doing what you are doing and you will all be racing for $10 at an equalisator meeting. 10 clubs and half the horses.. we might have something to keep the now interested people happy for their lifetime. The next generation will watch virtual racing, if at all.

The biggest losers are possibly the breeders with nowhere to get rid of their unwanted. “They” should have been funding an industry and its management, as they need it.

What concerns me is that WP gave us $72.5m. He doesn’t give out money without receiving something in return.

So why is it the "Isolated Clubs" job to foot the bill because racing is screwed?

Agree with some of the closures, but Gisborne and Wairoa?
Hard to fathom the savings at these two tracks, all volunteers, always super crowds.

TeTeko, another good go to track, crowds also flock there, and at what cost to the industry?

These people that attended the meetings will be lost to Racing forever, and at what cost?
Trackside Radio decision irks me no end, then the non publication of racing information in our daily newspapers.

Pods at the races instead of tote operators?
I still have work to do on this lovely Saturday morning here in Cambridge, wish I had a bit more time to add to the death knell knee jerk reactions RITA have come out with...

Not sure where our beloved industry is going to finish up....

1 minute ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Please tell me if it is true.

I had heard that Wairoa had a higher on course turnover than did Ellerslie on Avondale Cup day.

Close Wairoa?

If its true, it won't be an isolated occurrence, many of the clubs on the list would be doing the same as well compared to the in crowd clubs. Not only that  doing so for far less ($) input as well.

1 hour ago, Chris Wood said:

Agree with some of the closures, but Gisborne and Wairoa?
Hard to fathom the savings at these two tracks, all volunteers, always super crowds.

TeTeko, another good go to track, crowds also flock there, and at what cost to the industry?

These people that attended the meetings will be lost to Racing forever, and at what cost?
Trackside Radio decision irks me no end, then the non publication of racing information in our daily newspapers.

Pods at the races instead of tote operators?
I still have work to do on this lovely Saturday morning here in Cambridge, wish I had a bit more time to add to the death knell knee jerk reactions RITA have come out with...

Not sure where our beloved industry is going to finish up....

I take it you not too happy,I cant believe this lot man.

It appears to me the Messara Report said close venues so whether it's right or not that's what happening. This is pressure from WP. McKenzies comments just didn't add up. If he believes shutting tracks is the answer just show us the evidence. 

7 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Please tell me if it is true.

I had heard that Wairoa had a higher on course turnover than did Ellerslie on Avondale Cup day.

Close Wairoa?

Pretty sure that’s right .Wairoa is my Fav all time track , great committee ,volunteers and the racing folk are treated so well all week by the locals and that includes everyone from stable staff right through to owners .Huge loss .

8 hours ago, Huey said:

That's not fair Puha . NZTR have done some very significant analysis on all of this see below:

At this time it is important everyone takes an industry-wide view and not consider venues in isolation. - Bernard Saundry

So there you go that some seriously impressive input.

Looks like they are trying to close tracks with assets and money in the bank ?I In the hope of stealing their funds to squander elsewhere . Doesn’t  BS stand for Bull Shit?

32 minutes ago, puha said:

Looks like they are trying to close tracks with assets and money in the bank ?I In the hope of stealing their funds to squander elsewhere . Doesn’t  BS stand for Bull Shit?

What date was the document signed off?

It is of importance to know when that is and how it ties in with Government Covid19 advice... Then there's the legal challenges to consider on the international arena if the lockdown was lawful.

By all accounts some in the army agree it should have been left to the army & military to resolve not a bunch of incompetent academics who lack experience with such serious matters that are well outside of there scope of practice & legal qualifications. 

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 3:22 PM, Barry Lichter said:

Barry, Do you know what date this document was signed off?

It's of public interest to have that information disclosed.

To Dean McKenzie, Bernard Saundry it's not to late to withdraw the decision to cut back dates & update your decision making to ensure the inclusion of those race venues & others that in recent years have lost there local community meetings for the betterment of our wider Racing community.

Retaining & Regaining jobs at the coalface in rural communities is a vital part of our industry & society.

What steps have you undertaken to work in harmony with the likes of Stephen England-Hall, Tourism NZ & partners, as Racing is very much part of our local domestic tourism industry? 

It's a win win opportunity for when or borders finally do open back up.

We are well aware that the Americas Cup may be delayed so how about putting those funds into a Tourism NZ & Racing campaign alongside that of the "Don't leave home until you see your country "  promotion .