RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dock leaf

Never waste a good crisis

1 minute ago, tripple alliance said:

The wider industry has been providing all of the stakes for these clubs for years that's a pretty good incentive but the time has arrived , these clubs have a choice , stay involved and continue racing at a different venue and continue to be an active club or disband and  sell their asset , gift it to the council . 

These are RACING CLUBS , they exist for the purpose of racing , only personal sour grapes will see them abandon racing . I  hope the club on the coast that handed over it's asset to the council is left high and dry and gets nothing , they will be the losers , their local council must still be pissing themselves laughing .

As a final thought , I would suggest banning any horse trained at any of these closed tracks  be banned from racing on an approved track , that should do it .

You are so far out of touch with reality of racing at the coal face , a lot of these clubs with ' personal sour grapes " have a bit to be pissed about , a lot are more professionally run than the head body that wants to close them down . But as iv'e tried to explain to you before the wider damage done to local racing community and the people who actually make racing tick will be enormous . You didn't get it last time you wont now . 

As for your last line , my god that just about sums you , Fecking clueless and completely ignorant .

57 minutes ago, nomates said:

Have you taken your meds tonight ? It's a racing forum your on .

Yes it is a racing forum but comrade cindy bought politics into it when she closed racing down , that was illogical but that didn't stop her .

Can you please explain to me why racing closed given the fact that  her advisors advised against closing many businesses , racing included . Racing would have only need a half of what it's been given if it had been allowed to continue to operate .

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

You are so far out of touch with reality of racing at the coal face , a lot of these clubs with ' personal sour grapes " have a bit to be pissed about , a lot are more professionally run than the head body that wants to close them down . But as iv'e tried to explain to you before the wider damage done to local racing community and the people who actually make racing tick will be enormous . You didn't get it last time you wont now . 

As for your last line , my god that just about sums you , Fecking clueless and completely ignorant .

I've been at the coal face , I've trained a few winners , ".Fecking clueless and completely ignorant "I  I didn't know that was a quality you need to train horses .

Get real , doing nothing results in nothing , time for change .

Rightly or wrongly decisions have now been made and set it stone.

The Clubs with closed venues are either supporting the racing industry or they're not?

Sell the land and race at an alternative track for the greater good.... or donate it to the  councils and fuck off?

Those are the only 2 choices left now...lets move forward and get on with it.

THERE IS NO TURNING BACK FROM THIS NOW !

Just now, Baz (NZ) said:

The Clubs with closed venues are either supporting the racing industry or they're not?

Sell the land and race at an alternative track for the greater good.... or donate it to the  councils and fuck off?

BRILLIANT 

23 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

The wider industry has been providing all of the stakes for these clubs for years that's a pretty good incentive but the time has arrived , these clubs have a choice , stay involved and continue racing at a different venue and continue to be an active club or disband and  sell their asset , gift it to the council . 

These are RACING CLUBS , they exist for the purpose of racing , only personal sour grapes will see them abandon racing . I  hope the club on the coast that handed over it's asset to the council is left high and dry and gets nothing , they will be the losers , their local council must still be pissing themselves laughing .

As a final thought , I would suggest banning any horse trained at any of these closed tracks  be banned from racing on an approved track , that should do it .

Sounded like you are demented enough to have voted for Labours new Police State bill in parliament last night.

Ban horses hahaha...do you think they grow on trees? 

I hope all the clubs involved get together and fight this, its absolutely disgusting behaviour and it'll do nothing to improve NZ racing only fools think it will. This is the end, welcome to the End!

19 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

If you were able to read you would have seen that the article said the clubs would not be issued with licences to race anywhere. So no option to race elsewhere.

They have options , it's called negotiation , commit to assisting racing by donating your asset and you will be welcomed with open arms , give away your track to the council then piss off .

The clubs do have a choice .

6 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

What?

You do realise most of the clubs have been screwed by the industry for years? Allocated no race meetings or shite dates (see thats what they are doing now, taking their dates, no justification or analysis nothing just plain bias, do you get it)? Some have plenty of horses trained there and provide product for the industry at no charge.

How is this going to improve anything , so you see who is going to spend this money on behalf of the industry? The same fools who think 3 AWT are good for racing in NZ, the same ones who'll fritter this up against the wall for an end result of very little.

1 minute ago, tripple alliance said:

They have options , it's called negotiation , commit to assisting racing by donating your asset and you will be welcomed with open arms , give away your track to the council then piss off .

I don't really think that Timaru and Ashburton donating all of their assets to help Riccarton is helping racing.

Just now, tripple alliance said:

Thats not an option.

Thats like a robber telling you that you have an options , he takes everything in your house and your car or you give it to his uncle or he puts a bullet in your head. 

I am supporter of less courses. However $200m from Avondale will not last long if we don’t stop the leak. I would very keen to see RITAS plan as I am yet to see much positives for domestic racing. We could be putting domestic racing on a sharp decreasing cycle. 
$200m to pay bills is a poor future. We need more income. 

28 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Yes it is a racing forum but comrade cindy bought politics into it when she closed racing down , that was illogical but that didn't stop her .

Can you please explain to me why racing closed given the fact that  her advisors advised against closing many businesses , racing included . Racing would have only need a half of what it's been given if it had been allowed to continue to operate .

Can you explain to me , how these smaller clubs are selfish and don't contribute to the industry?

This is the slow creep of  full blown communism in this country, will you be laughing when they come for your house ...and they will.

People are too appeased by the 72m, its only hush money , they'll be coming for racing before you know it - cause they hate it!

5 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I don't really think that Timaru and Ashburton donating all of their assets to help Riccarton is helping racing.

Timaru population 47900 , Ashburton 38400 , total 86300 , Christchurch population 398,520 

Tell me who has the potential to grow ?, looks like Christchurch to me . 

6 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I am supporter of less courses. However $200m from Avondale will not last long if we don’t stop the leak. I would very keen to see RITAS plan as I am yet to see much positives for domestic racing. We could be putting domestic racing on a sharp decreasing cycle. 

I agree Revenue has to increase. The geniuses can't work out how to, so they go on a campaign of theft and bullying.

Want less courses , race at less venues and pay those venues (most of  them the industry contributes nothing to now) and pay them for the product they provide, don't steal their assets!

One thing I am struggling with. Perhaps people can comment. 

Given that under these proposals it is accepted that racing is now purely an off course activity, surely it would be more cost effective to retain Timaru, pour Riccarton"s $13m into Timaru, then close and sell Riccarton, generating what? $150m?, and use that money to fund SI racing. 

I just can't see the merit in retaining a black hole. Timaru already has a track that works in all weathers, and a public grandstand. Just imagine what $13m could do there.

8 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Just imagine if someone had suggested on here a year or two ago that we would be closing Timaru and pouring $13m into Riccarton - but that $13m wouldn't actually include a public grandstand. 

Why does  Riccarton need a public grandstand ? they were wrapped when the quake insurance money arrived , they could afford pay for the old one to be knocked down .

2 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Timaru population 47900 , Ashburton 38400 , total 86300 , Christchurch population 398,520 

Then CC should have no problem growing exponentially of its own accord , with all that population the demand for racing there must be through the roof.

On that logic will they be stealing Timaru and Ashburtons water as well?

5 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

I hope you haven't been waiting too many years for Riccarton to boom Triple. Don't hold your breath.

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

One thing I am struggling with. Perhaps people can comment. 

Given that under these proposals it is accepted that racing is now purely an off course activity, surely it would be more cost effective to retain Timaru, pour Riccarton"s $13m into Timaru, then close and sell Riccarton, generating what? $150m?, and use that money to fund SI racing. 

I just can't see the merit in retaining a black hole. Timaru already has a track that works in all weathers, and a public grandstand. Just imagine what $13m could do there.

Exactly, but we all know its not the level playing field its made out to be.

2 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Why does  Riccarton need a public grandstand ? they were wrapped when the quake insurance money arrived , they could afford pay for the old one to be knocked down .

Perhaps others can understand what that meant. It pays not to drink and post.

6 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I think you'll find every board member passing through NZRB, regardless of intellect, came to the same conclusion - NZ racing, and in particular thoroughbred racing, is a deep black hole to tip cash in to.

As the title of this thread suggests..........

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

I hope you haven't been waiting too many years for Riccarton to boom Triple. Don't hold your breath.

Ah , just hand over the 13 million and watch the racing promotions start .

The brilliant new training facility's will be available for all trainers . Perhaps the club will put a little aside to pay for a bus hire for Ashburton and Timaru patrons  , just ask nicely and I'm sure they will .

4 minutes ago, Huey said:

What?

You do realise most of the clubs have been screwed by the industry for years? Allocated no race meetings or shite dates (see thats what they are doing now, taking their dates, no justification or analysis nothing just plain bias, do you get it)? Some have plenty of horses trained there and provide product for the industry at no charge.

How is this going to improve anything , so you see who is going to spend this money on behalf of the industry? The same fools who think 3 AWT are good for racing in NZ, the same ones who'll fritter this up against the wall for an end result of very little.

Agree 100% with you Huey....but it won't change the direction of RITA'S re-structure plans. Sadly this is now happening to every badly run corporate company in the country.

Dis-established roles...sacking of (wrong?) staff....closing down sites or retail stores etc etc.... In most these cases again run by bad management in Suits!

14 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Not under the current Board and CEO at the CJC

Time to move forward and get rid off "the old boys" network.