RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kdt

My local TAB store gone!!

Would be interested to know how many others have found that their "local" TAB retail store did not open today and is shut for good. Mine being Barrington in Christchurch. Notice on the door refers customers to Bush Inn which is about 5km away.

11 minutes ago, kdt said:

Would be interested to know how many others have found that their "local" TAB retail store did not open today and is shut for good. Mine being Barrington in Christchurch. Notice on the door refers customers to Bush Inn which is about 5km away.

Yes kdt it would be interesting why your local closed. Are you able to establish why?

32 minutes ago, JOT said:

Yes kdt it would be interesting why your local closed. Are you able to establish why?

I suspect the fact that this store is in a mall and the lease/rent (whichever) $$ may have been the tipping point. Unlike Shirley/Bush Inn no pokies

Have they got a plan to drive revenue up  , I hope this is a brave new world but it looks like,  no tab operators on course even though some have limited cellphone ( maybe a clue Kumara and Mott are goneburger) , god knows how many TAB outlets may be gone so limited high street exposure , no exposure in newsprint , trade press or otherwise .

We know how to bet , we know where to dig out the form even if it's a pain sometimes it is all there though  but new people fresh blood where are they going to get into it . It's kind of being hidden away really from the masses . 

16 hours ago, kdt said:

I suspect the fact that this store is in a mall and the lease/rent (whichever) $$ may have been the tipping point. Unlike Shirley/Bush Inn no pokies

Harewood looking good today KDT , a very good TAB outlet, run by really nice operators, like a bookies of old without the second hand smoke .

The one in central Oamaru went about three years ago, replaced by one in the corner at the local boozer. Now you have to fight your way through the drunks holding up the bar. Very unappealing.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, kdt said:

That is sad, nice people at  Barrington, Definitely will hurt the TAB in the pocket shutting this facility,  Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and will talk through my pocket

It is unbelievable that the TAB is driving their customer base into the ground . Soon they wont have anybody to bet, the older generation who are used to paper form and placing bets at aTAB will just give up .The most idiotic thing i have heard this week ,smacks of somebody on 300k who does not bet

I attended a seminar a few years ago run by the racing board, mainly women and when I asked about their horses, betting etc I got the blank stare. 

None of them bet and not one had a share in a horse or dog. 

We ended up having a couple of drinks in a trendy bar afterwards, no tab pod or racing on the TV 

7 minutes ago, Womby said:

I attended a seminar a few years ago run by the racing board, mainly women and when I asked about their horses, betting etc I got the blank stare. 

None of them bet and not one had a share in a horse or dog. 

We ended up having a couple of drinks in a trendy bar afterwards, no tab pod or racing on the TV 

I went to one of John Allen's great roadshow.  He spent an hour telling us hour telling us how important horse ownership, how we must grow it etc.  

I asked him how many shares/horse etc he had.  He had fcking zero!!!  And he earned $700K a year.  Joke.