RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Is it time 4 a national strike

So you can clean out the board start again  or simply close down the racing board and find a new direction.it seems lots of tracks are gone there is no media coverage basically if you accept mediocrity then keep supporting this rogue regime they created this mess time to remove all these flash tie wearing fuckers start from scratch or just slip further.

In reality Winston Peter's is only really interested in his northern gallops mates,the rest he don't give a rat's about..as for a strike maybe it would never happen  but the reality is racing will die at it's own hand ,if that's what folk want then sobeit.

32 minutes ago, mikenz said:

So you can clean out the board start again  or simply close down the racing board and find a new direction.it seems lots of tracks are gone there is no media coverage basically if you accept mediocrity then keep supporting this rogue regime they created this mess time to remove all these flash tie wearing fuckers start from scratch or just slip further.

I thought there was a missed opportunity 2 weeks ago when the majority of horses were in the paddocks . But unfortunately the announcements of the previous few days tell me they have these  decisions in mind for a while , most if not all made without industry consultation , what's new . So striking would have had nil impact as they had already set their path . Whether their hand has bee n forced in announcements sooner than maybe they wanted to who would know . What i do know is there is going to be a lot more pain in store for industry participants going forward .

I believe The 15k stakes for July was an enticement to get horses into work . I'd be surprised if stakes for after that are announced before mid to late June and i now don't believe they will be held at 15k . The stakes situation going forward could be more dire that we suspected . Hopefully i'm wrong . This IMO is the beginning of centralization .

4 minutes ago, mike28 said:

we need proper racing people running things 2nd ,3rd generation in the racing game not cooperate people milking it for a few years and buggering off

I fear it's all too late mate , we've had plenty of 2nd , 3rd gen participants with the ability to speak up forcibly , non have taken up the flag . 

1 hour ago, nomates said:

I fear it's all too late mate , we've had plenty of 2nd , 3rd gen participants with the ability to speak up forcibly , non have taken up the flag . 

You are right the trainers association have been weak as piss...some on here have voiced their strong discontent only to be in a minority..they deserve what they get IMO...no balls to stand up for themselves then they deserve everything that gets thrown at them.

As I said I won't be racing any after these ones in NZ again.

2 hours ago, mike28 said:

we need proper racing people running things 2nd ,3rd generation in the racing game not cooperate people milking it for a few years and buggering off

100% agree.... No more inflated salaries also..... 

32 minutes ago, puha said:

I’ve 12 horses ranging from 2 yr olds through to those racing  if our local track goes altogether mine will all be given away but not to race and I will find a new interest almost had a guts full of so called experts sucking the industry dry .

I feel for you mate . This is the real cost to the industry , which some posters just don't get . There is people and families involved who have invested their whole lives to horse racing and are being hung out to dry . It's a sad state of affairs . Good luck .

I've got an above average involvement and investment in racing.......I attend on course regularly ,bet modestly regularly[badly] ,belong to two clubs and get involved in a few associated gatherings.

I have small racing shares ....av 10 % .....in over 20 horses [both codes] and own 20% and breed from 1 x mare.

So I participate...in the past I have worked around stables and a stud, and was a bit-part Journalist [quite good too] and was Auditor of a couple of clubs for a short while .

I am a bit dismayed at the reaction to these proposed changes in NZ Racing....we all saw it coming , we predicted things were somewhat dire and many were expecting a 'chainsaw' or 'slash and burn' approach.

Sudden Insolvency then Co-vid 19 on top has just sped up the need for desperate measures.

Yet there is now an outpouring of grief........folk worried about the loss of tracks which Messara called a disgrace , and changes to on-course experience which we acknowledge few bother to enjoy etc etc

These are the attitudes dogging the industry for decades....bias ,regional self-interest ,no collaboration and reluctance to change.

We call for CHANGE ,then object to CHANGE !

I say lets get this new era underway , opportunities will arise for many of those who lost their jobs...I really feel for them......the keen and smart ones will find something in the industry !

But GO ON STRIKE.......forget it !

If racing in NZ stops I can still participate to virtually the same level as currently should I wish ......I have previously. Most Kiwis can.

If you young enough get involved in the administration side......create don't cry !

9 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

I've got an above average involvement and investment in racing.......I attend on course regularly ,bet modestly regularly[badly] ,belong to two clubs and get involved in a few associated gatherings.

I have small racing shares ....av 10 % .....in over 20 horses [both codes] and own 20% and breed from 1 x mare.

So I participate...in the past I have worked around stables and a stud, and was a bit-part Journalist [quite good too] and was Auditor of a couple of clubs for a short while .

I am a bit dismayed at the reaction to these proposed changes in NZ Racing....we all saw it coming , we predicted things were somewhat dire and many were expecting a 'chainsaw' or 'slash and burn' approach.

Sudden Insolvency then Co-vid 19 on top has just sped up the need for desperate measures.

Yet there is now an outpouring of grief........folk worried about the loss of tracks which Messara called a disgrace , and changes to on-course experience which we acknowledge few bother to enjoy etc etc

These are the attitudes dogging the industry for decades....bias ,regional self-interest ,no collaboration and reluctance to change.

We call for CHANGE ,then object to CHANGE !

I say lets get this new era underway , opportunities will arise for many of those who lost their jobs...I really feel for them......the keen and smart ones will find something in the industry !

But GO ON STRIKE.......forget it !

If racing in NZ stops I can still participate to virtually the same level as currently should I wish ......I have previously. Most Kiwis can.

If you young enough get involved in the administration side......create don't cry !

I agree, I am all for change and you need some cuts in areas to do this but if those fuckers that had anything to do with creating the shit website and fixed odds platform are still hangers on after these cuts I am going to be pissed!

3 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

I agree, I am all for change and you need some cuts in areas to do this but if those fuckers that had anything to do with creating the shit website and fixed odds platform are still hangers on after these cuts I am going to be pissed!

there is a fair chance they will have moved on to the next conquest,change is good but there are victims in some cases not by there own decisions, Alexandra  park may go because of bad decisions by Auckland club , Forbury more so by decisions of others, they got crap dates a lot of the time, but even then still got pretty good numbers, the field sizes for northern meetings have been mostly pathetic in both codes.........the real reality is too much racing as a rule weather thats on tv or on course  but this board are hopeless, if you support them do nothing , if you dont  like them well stand up and be counted.its got so bad that there is no radio, no tv coverage locally of any substance and all they can come up with is more overseas racing  on trackside to drive revenue, what a joke.