RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Newspaper fields and weekly RaceForm to get chop

" Racing's going to be great again " !! Not in my time left on earth . 

The great centralization debate is over , it has begun , racing as we know it will be unrecognizable in 5yrs .

Trainers like Pike , Marsh , Forsman etc will be starting on planning their move to Aussie , mad not to .

Sadly this has confirmed my decision of 18 mths ago to refrain from ownership of racehorses in NZ untill i see a light at the end of the tunnel .

Well they have shown me the end of the tunnel and unfortunately it appears to be brick up , with a note stuck to it saying " out to lunch , don't know when back " .

I will be exploring my options in Aust after next years sales .

40 years of ownership over . I am deeply saddened .

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

" Racing's going to be great again " !! Not in my time left on earth . 

The great centralization debate is over , it has begun , racing as we know it will be unrecognizable in 5yrs .

Trainers like Pike , Marsh , Forsman etc will be starting on planning their move to Aussie , mad not to .

Sadly this has confirmed my decision of 18 mths ago to refrain from ownership of racehorses in NZ untill i see a light at the end of the tunnel .

Well they have shown me the end of the tunnel and unfortunately it appears to be brick up , with a note stuck to it saying " out to lunch , don't know when back " .

I will be exploring my options in Aust after next years sales .

40 years of ownership over . I am deeply saddened .

Really? Pike supports the new AWT’s publicly, and Marsh and Forsman are on the CJC committee, which obviously supports the AWT also..

I’d still like to know who “they” are...

Was heading to our local Club for a beer and a meal, also a few bets but no, clubs have been advised from the TAB that clubs CANNOT take bets until next Thursday even though Clubs NZ advised that the TABs could operate.

Our club had put distancing plans in place so betting could happen safety.  

These overpaid idiots just don't understand. Again lost revenue.

Stopping Print Form. Again they just don't understand. Not everyone wan'ts to spend all their time in front of a computer. I need print form, I would spend just a small fraction through my account, the majority through the local TAB or Club/TAB. This is my choice, if they take that choice away again lost revenue. 

11 minutes ago, Phillipe said:

Really? Pike supports the new AWT’s publicly, and Marsh and Forsman are on the CJC committee, which obviously supports the AWT also..

Pike in his role as TA president asked trainers to hold off putting horses into work 2 weeks ago , not many listened . All the A/W track at Cambridge guarantees is if nothing else they have a cracking winter training track to get there spring/summer  group horses ready . I've already had my say regarding their ability to produce a good betting product and horse welfare .

To be honest it would probably be 15 -20 years since I last bought a form guide or looked in a newspaper for form. Hardly anyone buys papers anymore so what is the point paying to have form in there?

I used to buy the "Flash" religiously every Friday, but we didn't have computers then.

Good opportunity for private enterprise to move in. Print can exist side by side with digital. Like to see TAB get out of online raceform as well and leave to private enterprise combining online with print. As an advertising medium doing something tangible like driving industry.

Just now, We're Doomed said:

To be honest it would probably be 15 -20 years since I last bought a form guide or looked in a newspaper for form. Hardly anyone buys papers anymore so what is the point paying to have form in there?

I used to buy the "Flash" religiously every Friday, but we didn't have computers then.

I get what your saying , i'm pretty much the same for last few years but i know a lot of older punters who still trek to the bookstore or super market to by a paper or race form . These guys aren't computer savvy , they admit , what do they do now . 

My biggest issue around the decisions being made is they never phase things in  slowly , it's just " we're doing it , there it's done " .

You don't treat your clients like that  , it's bullshit business .

You can't just say , tough , get on with it .

34 minutes ago, Bestbetbazza said:

Stopping Print Form. Again they just don't understand. Not everyone wan'ts to spend all their time in front of a computer. I need print form, I would spend just a small fraction through my account, the majority through the local TAB or Club/TAB. This is my choice, if they take that choice away again lost revenue. 

....and when you go on course they probably wont have any Racebooks printed either, so you'll have to check the form out on your phone which I absolutely hate trying to scroll around. At least a computer is better/easier and bigger than on a phone.

So guessing that on course, there'll be no racebooks to read the form and no tellers to take your bets and next there'll be no pie-cart etc at all to get a feed.

So who'se going to bother going on course even even though its pretty bad now already.

Might as well shut up shop and we just have the Aussie racing.

51 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Ditto there on everything for me WD.I find the PDF section on the TAB page gives us everything the Herald has given us for years.That and

Racenet gives this Mug punter(yes thats most of us) all I need

45 minutes ago, Basil brush said:

Ditto there on everything for me WD.I find the PDF section on the TAB page gives us everything the Herald has given us for years.That and

Agree. They are a total waste of time and money and have been for a decade or 2. Finally sorted. Supporters are the old men leaning on the rail scratching their arse that Winnie was talking about. Time to move on. Haven't read a hard copy newspaper for a decade or more. They are 12 -24 hours out of date by the time you get them. Likewise hard copy racing information.

1 hour ago, Phillipe said:

Are you nuts staying here to race for peanuts...if they do they are bonkers, anyone worth the salt would be heading offshore NZ is sadly Donald Ducked.

2 hours ago, Basil brush said:

Basil, what would you think of the PDF form if they didn't have the review comment in the formlines e.g. Trld to tn, out 200, fght well ? You may need to brush up on your memorization skills to remember what every horse has done in the last few weeks!

And it was Dean McKenzie who set up the deal with the Newspapers when he was at the TAB as a special projects guy, as pay back for them subsidizing his study of sports marketing at the USA University.

In addition, his other special project was to set up Radio Trackside.

Geez I would hate to be in his shoes, dismantling everything that I had he had started.

Maybe it is all too late in this country if the instigator is the destroyer. 

:rcf-crying-1: