RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Newspaper fields and weekly RaceForm to get chop

6 minutes ago, NeilD said:

With all race review comments writers getting the chop, readers of Raceform and the PDFs could be slightly unhappy.

You have got to be kidding Neil?

I can handle the race books and newspapers going but this decision makes zero logical sense. Its the domain of the last min punter to read this on their phone or the website & plonk a few on. Of all the dumb decisions this has to be the lead contender for dumbest.

2 minutes ago, barryb said:

You have got to be kidding Neil?

I can handle the race books and newspapers going but this decision makes zero logical sense. Its the domain of the last min punter to read this on their phone or the website & plonk a few on. Of all the dumb decisions this has to be the lead contender for dumbest.

That is exactly what I said when told Barry. I thought about it overnight and have offered to do them for free till the end of July but after that, no contract, no reviews. So if you want to know how a horse went last start, you will need to refer to the online replays or have a fantastic memory!

On 5/14/2020 at 3:01 PM, eljay said:

But I thought the great Winston was going to put a new injection of life into the Industry??????????

Sorry .. but those that believe anything that Winston Peter's says are deluded, he couldn't even make racing average before, how the hell is he going to make it great ? .. and great again ??? deluded and full of it.

On 5/14/2020 at 3:48 PM, slam dunk said:

Good opportunity for private enterprise to move in. Print can exist side by side with digital. Like to see TAB get out of online raceform as well and leave to private enterprise combining online with print. As an advertising medium doing something tangible like driving industry.

Sadly I predicted the print would fail but no-one listens to you or me. The previous print went bust so what made them think it would work? I have also been promoting the suggestion that we need to privatise racing but yet again no-one is listening. It could be set up without much capital. Many seem to think it is about the TAB revenue but it is and has always been about people getting together at the race meeting. I am frustrated by the "authorities" that control our industry. We need to look to co-ops and private ownership. Sadly even as I type this i realise that nobody cares enough to make it happen. I have even tried approaching a big name in the industry who is more concerned with their "own" priorities. This is the problem with many in the industry only caring about their own priorities and what they can earn from it instead of giving back to it. A point to note is: who stands to make the most from any reforms? The big studs not Joe average, not the trainers and not racing. I remain cynical unless we rethink the entire way things are done. Do away with the top level that have Dunning - Kruger syndrome!

7 hours ago, NeilD said:

That is exactly what I said when told Barry. I thought about it overnight and have offered to do them for free till the end of July but after that, no contract, no reviews. So if you want to know how a horse went last start, you will need to refer to the online replays or have a fantastic memory!

Hi Neil, 

Who have you offered to do it for, TAB or Race Form?

4 hours ago, Insider said:

Hi Neil, 

Who have you offered to do it for, TAB or Race Form?

The TAB who in turn supply it to Raceform. I'm doing the Saturday Sydney and Melbourne meetings in the interim as well.

The fact TAB charged The Informant for fields etc shows how out of touch their sales/marketing team were. They should have given as much info as Informant wanted for free. Someone wants to promote the industry you should fall over backwards to support them.

It's clear the TAB have no understanding of generating sales. 

3 hours ago, Insider said:

Other then the NZ TAB’s PDF’s, where else can one find the fields with Owners, Breeding, Trainers, Jockeys and comments to print off?

Sounds like you have some direct connection to Raceform. 

I've still got a pile of Raceforms sitting on a table. Nice cover professional publication. Yet 90% of it is useless and was useless 4 days after publication. The only reason I keep them is that much of the editorial is excellent. Thats the crux. By all means show all the fields with breeding etc but a waste of time detailing the form. Anyway Raceform can't detail the form apart from the last three starts. Hardly the minimilistic information a pro would need. The public should not be treated like fools. They too realize the information in the Raceform is inadequate. 

Therefore lets employ the talents of Dennis Ryan and others in the direction people want. Not in the direction they wanted 30 years ago.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 3:28 PM, Bestbetbazza said:

Was heading to our local Club for a beer and a meal, also a few bets but no, clubs have been advised from the TAB that clubs CANNOT take bets until next Thursday even though Clubs NZ advised that the TABs could operate.

Our club had put distancing plans in place so betting could happen safety.  

These overpaid idiots just don't understand. Again lost revenue.

Check out the law re so called Social Distancing, think you will find there's been no recent properly researched Peer reviewed papers how far Coronavirus droplets may be able to travel..

If your club building was approved under Council Regulations to cater for xyz persons at the time they would be an approved industry to occupy the premises with a maximum of 1 metre rules IF YOU have an INFECTIOUS DISEASE.

There's nothing under laws to state otherwise IF YOU DON'T have an Infectious disease.

Ministry of Health Guidelines in 2018 clearly say 1 metre NOT 2 metres.

Someone has made up rubbish to suit there university studies "scientific research" with Covid19 using methodology that incorporated the wearing of MASKS & that of coughing a mouth full of water regardless of if one has Covid 19.

We in New Zealand & most civilised countries use handkerchiefs, a tissue or ones hand to sneeze & cough into & tend to wash one's hands.

For a Director of Health to preach coughing into one's arm/ elbow which is often covered with one's clothing is grotesque. 

It's no surprises he's not a proper Dr of Medicine as in a General Practitioner or surgeon.

You wouldn't want to have such people looking after one as a patient.

4 minutes ago, John Clydesdale said:

Go and do a bit more research, particularly on the impact of gravity. That video is a cut and paste job on the basis of their message they want to promote. Bit like the 5G communication process for Covid 19 I suppose to some.

Cheers

Cobblers...there are plenty of vids showing the same thing, from respected medical sources.

17 hours ago, meomy said:

Check out the law re so called Social Distancing, think you will find there's been no recent properly researched Peer reviewed papers how far Coronavirus droplets may be able to travel..

If your club building was approved under Council Regulations to cater for xyz persons at the time they would be an approved industry to occupy the premises with a maximum of 1 metre rules IF YOU have an INFECTIOUS DISEASE.

There's nothing under laws to state otherwise IF YOU DON'T have an Infectious disease.

Ministry of Health Guidelines in 2018 clearly say 1 metre NOT 2 metres.

Someone has made up rubbish to suit there university studies "scientific research" with Covid19 using methodology that incorporated the wearing of MASKS & that of coughing a mouth full of water regardless of if one has Covid 19.

We in New Zealand & most civilised countries use handkerchiefs, a tissue or ones hand to sneeze & cough into & tend to wash one's hands.

For a Director of Health to preach coughing into one's arm/ elbow which is often covered with one's clothing is grotesque. 

It's no surprises he's not a proper Dr of Medicine as in a General Practitioner or surgeon.

You wouldn't want to have such people looking after one as a patient.

Yes the social distancing rule is a sham. 

. As I previously commented the TAB wouldn't let clubs/pubs operate TABs. Stupid thing I walked into our local TAB on Saturday and everyone's gathering around Form Sheets as per normal.

No social distancing.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:44 PM, Bestbetbazza said:

. As I previously commented the TAB wouldn't let clubs/pubs operate TABs. Stupid thing I walked into our local TAB on Saturday and everyone's gathering around Form Sheets as per normal.

No social distancing.

A sham is the understatement.

It's interesting what information is coming to the fore about all manner of interrelated aspects of which there's endless about the whole chain of events.

There was a very good article overnight in The Telegraph UK about Universities students/ Professors copying each others works... It used to be called "cheating" back in the day, now it's acceptable for them to "rubber stamp" each others "research" & worse be taken seriously.

It's overdue they were held to account in Criminal Courts of laws.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:44 PM, Bestbetbazza said:

No social distancing.

In the list of primary school levels Sports is the lowest in the Covid19 / SAGE UK TEMPLATE system. 

Note in the SAGE Document about "manipulating behaviour" completely unacceptable and a very abusive relationship for anyone to find themselves in.

wp_ss_20200516_0023.png

wp_ss_20200516_0022.png

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Very soon, when you click into the NZ TAB website, it will probably re-direct you to either Ladbrokes or TABCORP Australia for NZ fields and Form! :( 

We can but hope so if they're not going to supply it themselves .

We should all be asking, has anyone asked for a slice of the $50 million designated for the MEDIA?

If not why not?

If so, what was the answer?

Racing is a business / service AND a recreation, not just one of them & has ( did have) MEDIA in the form of print & internet publications, television & radio MEDIA.

Why have those people been shafted?

Racing should have continued as normal throughout this unprecedented unacceptable situation as it's a BUSINESS.

There was an update today about the 100 people attendance numbers going to church services today by Pakuranga, Auckland MP Simeon Brown - have look at it online as the same legislation may apply to Race meetings & sports in general.

Then read the Public Health Act & Spirit & Intent of it.

Cindy's Kindy have much to answer for.