RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Newspaper fields and weekly RaceForm to get chop

33 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

i don't get it. On the loveracing website Bernard Saundry is very bullish on the Raceform publication. Certainly no indication of its demise.

Has Barry got it wrong?

Trust me, Raceform will be back at the re-start of racing in this country. 

It will be in  the original size of A4 and will have a lot more editorial.

Anyone want to bet otherwise?

1 minute ago, Insider said:

You are dreaming Liz

It's gone forever

36 minutes ago, Stoyd said:

Obviously the Aussie's don't go along with the notion that fields and form in newspapers is now past its time.  Most city papers have pages of fields and form analysis.

Maybe that is one reason why their betting per person is 150% higher than in NZ?

I think its the other way around. Aussies are much bigger punters than us so it is worthwhile for their papers to carry form. There is no comparison between the punting habits of NZers and Aussies.

4 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I think its the other way around. Aussies are much bigger punters than us so it is worthwhile for their papers to carry form. There is no comparison between the punting habits of NZers and Aussies.

One industry is led and managed, the other is not

Pretty simple

39 minutes ago, Stoyd said:

Obviously the Aussie's don't go along with the notion that fields and form in newspapers is now past its time.  Most city papers have pages of fields and form analysis.

Maybe that is one reason why their betting per person is 150% higher than in NZ?

Because they are smart , still catering for the generation that wants it .

16 minutes ago, Insider said:

Be good if you are right.

however here is the dilemma. The TAB can run any business e.g. a fish and chip shop and just take cash from the betting take. There is no accountability therefore no need to control costs. Therefore doing publications or running form online would be far more efficient in private enterprise.

47 minutes ago, Stoyd said:

Whenever I go over I buy the Sportsman and a daily paper , Sportsman very good but when I look at the daily paper I wonder if I really need the Sportsman as its so good in the daily . 

Buy a daily in HK , Singapore , UK or Ire , there's plenty of racing and form in most . 

The punt pullout in the Press was quite good at one point .

22 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

I hope you are right, I bet on horses not media prospects

Well don’t tell me that I am dreaming Tom. 
I am sick of fake news and comments. 
Liz 

P.S. Bloody shame I called your bluff and bravado, otherwise I would be $500 richer in July. My mistake was that my bet was too high otherwise I may have  got you. LOL

4 minutes ago, Insider said:

Well don’t tell me that I am dreaming Tom. 
I am sick of fake news and comments. 
Liz 

P.S. Bloody shame I called your bluff and bravado, otherwise I would be $500 richer in July. My mistake was that my bet was too high otherwise I may have  got you. LOL

Hope you aren't dreaming Liz, would look forward to print media but having had an involvement in the industry the issues to deliver a profitable product, will be extremely difficult, but will be delighted if proven wrong

Put your 5 hundy into bonus bonds, I will spend mine at MLB on Saturday on a CT tip

What was the point of launching this with all the fanfare on Trackside about it being “ the only one you need “ only to pull the plug now ?

Just looks like another decision not thought through. With the move to digital clearly an attempt to drive more traffic to website form...?

11 hours ago, Stables said:

All of the information anyone would like, to research for betting is available on each of the codes websites

Seems an unnecessary duplication both TAB and NZTR compiling info and online information. I know when TAB first got into compiling data it was the TAB that had the representative at the track obtaining the raw product. Where was the racing Conference?

Like to know from the likes of Des Coppins just how Best Bets, Turf Digest, Friday flash got on dealing with the Racing Conference. The way I saw it they were old school believing any bit of data was worth megabucks making unprofitable for publications. Similarly the photo finish operators on top of already lucrative contracts would charge Friday flash ridiculous fee resulting in Friday Flash ceasing the popular photo finish pics.

5 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Why wait that long. You sound like you have made your decision so get on with it and stop moaning

Greg

Hi JJ , Greg 

Thankyou for the free advice , since the other night when you freely dispensed your advice to Pam on another site then quickly backed that up advising someone on this site the correct business course he should taking to improve himself , but then promptly advised he was beyond redemption , good on you for ensuring he doesn't waste his time , well , iv'e been thinking how can i get a man of such outstanding business acumen and who clearly has led a spectacularly successful life to part with some gems of wisdom to me . Then low and behold there it was , free of charge and i'm sure given with charity in your heart . Not too condescending , just enough to ensure it was clear i was following the wrong path but with enough hope that i can get better . Anyway there was a reason for it being next year , but you know what , i'm taking your advise and running with it .

Now personally , and i offer this small piece of advice without any malice , i think with your wisdom you should offer your services to RITA/NZTR , and along with Triple A on board i genuinely think the future would be bright . If they turn you down then you could always offer your services as their RA RA team , because you seem on board with every thing and seem so positive about the organisations that have got so much spectacularly wrong , are going to get it all right this time . Although if we go along the lines that they must get something right eventually , well this could be the time . You have clearly seen this and are trying , sometimes futilely , to get us all on board .

Going forward i hope , if i'm not being too presumptuous , i can run any future posts past you prior to posting them . So if it's ok with you to PM you with these i would be honored . I will understand if you feel that is a step too far . If you feel it is better to improve me in public , so be it , i will defer to your better judgement . 

Finally , when i showed my wife your post this morning she mumbled something along the lines of " he's a smart man " , so she's on board as well .

Your student 

Grass hopper

P.S. I feel i should be completely honest with you , my wife's not really on board , when i asked her to clarify her mumble it ends up she actually said " he's a smart arse knowitall , tell him to feck off " , genuinely sorry sure she didn't mean it , i'll talk to her when she gets home . Wife's eh . 

An update on yesterdays post. TAB advised Clubs now allowed to take bets. Terminals being turned back on by TAB over next few days.

As an aside Clubs have been advised that under present Level 2 Pokies must be turned off. 

The rules changing everyday. To be fair, clubs were advised that this would happen.

An update on yesterdays post. TAB advised Clubs now allowed to take bets. Terminals being turned back on by TAB over next few days.

As an aside Clubs have been advised that under present Level 2 Pokies must be turned off. 

The rules changing everyday. To be fair, clubs were advised that this would happen.

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Hi JJ , Greg 

Thankyou for the free advice , since the other night when you freely dispensed your advice to Pam on another site then quickly backed that up advising someone on this site the correct business course he should taking to improve himself , but then promptly advised he was beyond redemption , good on you for ensuring he doesn't waste his time , well , iv'e been thinking how can i get a man of such outstanding business acumen and who clearly has led a spectacularly successful life to part with some gems of wisdom to me . Then low and behold there it was , free of charge and i'm sure given with charity in your heart . Not too condescending , just enough to ensure it was clear i was following the wrong path but with enough hope that i can get better . Anyway there was a reason for it being next year , but you know what , i'm taking your advise and running with it .

Now personally , and i offer this small piece of advice without any malice , i think with your wisdom you should offer your services to RITA/NZTR , and along with Triple A on board i genuinely think the future would be bright . If they turn you down then you could always offer your services as their RA RA team , because you seem on board with every thing and seem so positive about the organisations that have got so much spectacularly wrong , are going to get it all right this time . Although if we go along the lines that they must get something right eventually , well this could be the time . You have clearly seen this and are trying , sometimes futilely , to get us all on board .

Going forward i hope , if i'm not being too presumptuous , i can run any future posts past you prior to posting them . So if it's ok with you to PM you with these i would be honored . I will understand if you feel that is a step too far . If you feel it is better to improve me in public , so be it , i will defer to your better judgement . 

Finally , when i showed my wife your post this morning she mumbled something along the lines of " he's a smart man " , so she's on board as well .

Your student 

Grass hopper

P.S. I feel i should be completely honest with you , my wife's not really on board , when i asked her to clarify her mumble it ends up she actually said " he's a smart arse knowitall , tell him to feck off " , genuinely sorry sure she didn't mean it , i'll talk to her when she gets home . Wife's eh . 

She got one thing right . Thanks for the verbose  reply .

Do keep the moaning up.  I'm sure it will have an effect on someone.

Greg

9 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

She got one thing right . Thanks for the verbose  reply .

Do keep the moaning up.  I'm sure it will have an effect on someone.

Greg

Just offering up opinions but you can have your take on it . Better than following blindly down a dark alley being led by parties that have already got more us into shit than anybody ever expected . And i can say that confidently because history has shown their incompetence , it is littered with their feckups . Yes and she did get it right , the second time .