RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Axe set to fall on ​​​​​​​over-the-counter bets at our racetracks

22 hours ago, GOM said:

I have attended racemeetings since I was 10 years old on a regular basis, there is something about the whole atmosphere that appealed to me, just not the betting. That is not the case anymore and fini for me and I'll wager many many more. 

This here is the biggest issue with centralised racing, the days of kids having a day at the races in a relaxed picnic atmosphere will be a thing of the past and these are are next generation of punters, jockey and trainers.  Maybe there will be a place for picnic meetings at these tracks that are closed for official racing to keep racing in the public eye in some form. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

This here is the biggest issue with centralised racing, the days of kids having a day at the races in a relaxed picnic atmosphere will be a thing of the past and these are are next generation of punters, jockey and trainers.  Maybe there will be a place for picnic meetings at these tracks that are closed for official racing to keep racing in the public eye in some form. 

I grew up in chch and every year we went to the cup meeting with the A andP show next door, you cant help but assume the relatively strong trotting culture in chch is somehow a result of all those seeds planted a generation ago.

I have given this topic some considerable thought and spoken to a wide range of people.  Some are mad keen punters.  Others are irregular attendees of the races.  Like, my brother-in-law has a share (about 2.5%) in a runner so I will go and have fifty each way.  Hopefully I will have lots of drinking money for the rest of the day.

"Where do I place the bet?"

"On your phone, numb skull." came the reply.

"But correct weight will have been declared long before I work out how to bet on my phone"

RITA have proven that they have little knowledge of what drives their market.  This is shameful.

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I have given this topic some considerable thought and spoken to a wide range of people.  Some are mad keen punters.  Others are irregular attendees of the races.  Like, my brother-in-law has a share (about 2.5%) in a runner so I will go and have fifty each way.  Hopefully I will have lots of drinking money for the rest of the day.

"Where do I place the bet?"

"On your phone, numb skull." came the reply.

"But correct weight will have been declared long before I work out how to bet on my phone"

RITA have proven that they have little knowledge of what drives their market.  This is shameful.

Three questions.

1. Do you place your bets verbally or via a marked card?

2. Do you use a deposit ticket for payment or with straight cash.?

3. Winning tickets? Do you collect straight away or wait till end of day?