RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
wobbly

I have a hunch

Winnie's cash splash got me thinking. Where's all this headed and how did he sell it to Grant Robertson and the lefties so easily?

So here's my prediction:

Legislation glides through uncontested to quash the Racing Act, acquire racing's assets and broaden betting parameters.

Brookfields, via Infratil, purchase and merge SkyTV & NZTAB. With their recently purchased access to 5G they now have exclusive rights for exchange betting, advanced in play and in run betting options in NZ. 

All good news for the punter, sporting bodies and Greens (obsolete racetracks become parks and refugee facilities) but.......

Food for thought #1: Is Sky's current share price hike solely because their customers can watch sport again soon?

Food for thought #2: Why has RITA taken an axe to Trackside, their prime sales and marketing outlet, so quickly?

Grant Robertson loves Sport ...in fact the Minister of Sport.

The money going to the TAB ,well most of it, which will assist sport.

Sport will ultimately be looking for a bigger and fairer slice of pie !

Sport in NZ is financially in very bad shape too !

The tracks money will have been sold as a help to save the Racing Industry which does have impressive employment numbers and still recognised on world stage  !

With all the handouts being thrown around the amount given was a 'certainty' IMO.

'Pluck the Duck ' instructions will come soon.

25 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Grant Robertson loves Sport ...in fact the Minister of Sport.

The money going to the TAB ,well most of it, which will assist sport.

Sport will ultimately be looking for a bigger and fairer slice of pie !

Sport in NZ is financially in very bad shape too !

I agree TM but where does that added income to sports come from? Ratchet up take-out rates on sport (they are already among the highest in world) or steal from the payout to Racing codes? Either option would impact on turnover and send RITA deeper in to the mire.

Sporting bodies requested GR (as Sports Minister) be in on the decision-making or sign-off process for RITA last year...WP would have none of it. There's been some sort of deal brewing. I'm interested to see the level of hullabaloo from NZR, NZC etc post today's budget.

20 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

My sources tell me the following

The Labour gummint has fallen out of favour with the Māori voters

“Two rows of teeth” wanted to find the Māori purchase of Ihumatao

Whiskey blocked that funding 

Two rows of teeth then said she’s do a deal on racing funding if he’d support the funding of Ihumatao

Could be wrong but that was the oil 

Desperate measures eh....?

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

My sources tell me the following

The Labour gummint has fallen out of favour with the Māori voters

“Two rows of teeth” wanted to find the Māori purchase of Ihumatao

Whiskey blocked that funding 

Two rows of teeth then said she’s do a deal on racing funding if he’d support the funding of Ihumatao

Could be wrong but that was the oil 

you've been wrong most of the year so it wouldn't be a surprise again