RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mikie

Race Dates 2020/21 The lunatics are running the Asylum

The Race dates are due to be released on Friday

These are the ones completed by the mighty RITA

I'm sorry, but they are lunatics and Dean, you're the chief nutter

(1) There are NO race meetings in the North Island south of Cambridge .  ....  how on earth do they expect any new faces to take up the Industry if they are never introduced to a raceday?

They have Greyhounds racing at Palmerston North, on a track owned by the Trotting Club

(2) There is NO Forbury Park

(3) They have no Harness Racing at Marlborough but they have races in Nelson

So the Canterbury horses have to drive past a Racecourse owned by a Trotting Club, to reach a Racecourse 2.5 hours away that is owned by the A&P Association who charge an obscene rent

They also don't appear to have any answer as to where all the racehorses travelling on Majestic, for example, would go if there was no Racecourse in Blenheim and the Cook Strait Ferry's won't carry racehorses due to the weather

Moderators, if Dean has any issue with me calling him an idiot feel free to give him my telephone number, and I will tell him myself

Mikie

there is a reason for them being uneconomic, wall to wall racing taking the focus off our own product, quality over quantity but with more poor quality product noone will bother with any the way its going

31 minutes ago, Stables said:

Good on them, we have to be rid of these uneconomic racemeetings

Stables, you are an idiot

If uneconomic is the ratio between the monies earnt from betting versus stakes paid then the ATC is the most uneconomic

Bouyed by monies earnt by country Clubs to fund their Group races (yes, and that applies to Addington too)

If ATC lose their Court case that could leave 1 track in the North Island for racing

Mikie

13 hours ago, Mikie said:

Stables, you are an idiot

If uneconomic is the ratio between the monies earnt from betting versus stakes paid then the ATC is the most uneconomic

Bouyed by monies earnt by country Clubs to fund their Group races (yes, and that applies to Addington too)

If ATC lose their Court case that could leave 1 track in the North Island for racing

Mikie

No......uneconomic is not defined as you suggest.

Maybe look at "Value to the Industry ".....define that.

And please don't start playing the man .

2 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

No......uneconomic is not defined as you suggest.

Maybe look at "Value to the Industry ".....define that.

And please don't start playing the man .

Tasman Man

What "value to the Industry" moving forward? ATC's stakes are the same as Cambridges?

You don't reply as to the ATC receiving more than they earn, by being flattered with extra payments for Group races

Is "value to the Industry" running 5 races on a night?

Is "value to the industry" running a standing start for maiden trotters over a mile?

You are right, I shouldn't play the man but it's hard not to when people make sweeping generalisations and offer nothing to back them up

In those cases I will stoop to offering my opinion on them

Mikie

2 hours ago, john legend said:

mikie, how do I get the draft dates for next season, I agree if you are correctthere  will be legal implications.

They are to be released this Friday

Mikie

5 hours ago, Stables said:

Maybe so in your calculation Mikie but I would factor in the costs for owners to have to take their horses to these distant tracks to race for peanuts

Why do owners "have" to take their horses to those distant tracks Stables?

ATC raced nearly every Friday so why did owners "have" to travel to those distant tracks?

They didn't "have" to, they choose to

Mikie

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

Tasman Man

What "value to the Industry" moving forward? ATC's stakes are the same as Cambridges?

You don't reply as to the ATC receiving more than they earn, by being flattered with extra payments for Group races

Is "value to the industry" running a standing start for maiden trotters over a mile?

You are right, I shouldn't play the man but it's hard not to when people make sweeping generalisations and offer nothing to back them up

Mikie

What a sweeping generalisation

Harness Racing has no future if there  is to be no racing in the north Island outside Aucklandand Cambridge Due to Auckland paying 1 million per month that will mean it has no future so I can see no logic in destroying HR in places such as manawatu. To use the temporary closure for the covid 19 as a reason to thenkill off the whole central region is stupidity of the highest order as well as being unjust for the participants invested in the industry. THIS MUST NOT BE PERMITTED TO HAPPEN. tHE WHOLE SYSTEM HAS BEEN BUILT up over many many years and destroyed by a  bad decision. This will have major ramifications for breeders/ owners/bettors and trainers. No excuses re covid, travel lighting TAB cutbacks will justify a destruction of an industry. Dean McKenzie in RITA obviously is only concerned with thoroughbred racing (having spent years at Trentham) and isheartless in this action. I hope HRNZ can stand up for our industry as we will need to all band together to stop this action.

I do accept that just at present travel is almost impossible however when things improve then some of the region treated like shit should be reinstated.it appears the meetings forbury have have been moved to southland,maybe it's up to southland to sort this one out ,forbury is a integral part of harness racing and should stay as but just have some meetings that will enthuse interest,

7 hours ago, Mikie said:

Tasman Man

Mikie

Actually that night in March with 5 x races was a good nights racing.

We had 2 x horses in and the racing was competitive , 10+ horse fields and some battlers got into the winners circle for nice stakes.

Good divis too......and maybe a shorter card is OK at certain times of year.

Of course the reason the horses were low on numbers was it was the 5th North Island meeting in 9 days.

Not good programming.

And what country clubs are paying toward the Group racing at the main tracks.

Are you suggesting more Group races be held at country clubs  ?

13 hours ago, Stables said:

Maybe so in your calculation Mikie but I would factor in the costs for owners to have to take their horses to these distant tracks to race for peanuts

They are under no compulsion to travel to those meetings. It isn't as if they have some special sort of race that owners feel compelled to travel to. Owners go to those circuits because they enjoy them. Otherwise they would just send their horse to Addington every week and watch it on TV. I imagine that if Marlborough is gone then Kaikoura will be gone as well?

1 hour ago, john legend said:

Harness Racing has no future if there  is to be no racing in the north Island outside Aucklandand Cambridge Due to Auckland paying 1 million per month that will mean it has no future so I can see no logic in destroying HR in places such as manawatu. To use the temporary closure for the covid 19 as a reason to thenkill off the whole central region is stupidity of the highest order as well as being unjust for the participants invested in the industry. THIS MUST NOT BE PERMITTED TO HAPPEN. tHE WHOLE SYSTEM HAS BEEN BUILT up over many many years and destroyed by a  bad decision. This will have major ramifications for breeders/ owners/bettors and trainers. No excuses re covid, travel lighting TAB cutbacks will justify a destruction of an industry.  RITA obviously is only concerned with thoroughbred racing in this region (h. I hope HRNZ can stand up for our industry as we will need to all band together to stop this action.

14 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Use an Atlas .......Waterlea to Nelson shouldn't take 2.5 hours unless you diverted thru Lake Rotoiti plus many Cantabrians go thru Murchison !:rcfe-like:

I don't need an Atlas Tasman Man

You wouldn't be going to Nelson, you would be going to Richmond

It does take over 2 hours to take a 4 horse, tow-bar Float there

If you want to get picky about such a petty point it really does nothing 

Mikie

13 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

They are under no compulsion to travel to those meetings. It isn't as if they have some special sort of race that owners feel compelled to travel to. Owners go to those circuits because they enjoy them. Otherwise they would just send their horse to Addington every week and watch it on TV. I imagine that if Marlborough is gone then Kaikoura will be gone as well?

Hi "We're Doomed"

I very much doubt that Kaikoura would lose their date as they are they have the  highest TAB and On-course T/O outside Group days in New Zealand (however if you take RITA's plan to do away with on-course sales that mightn't last!)

There is a rumour going around that Marlborough has had a last minute reprieve. My sources don't think that's the case but I hope the rumours are right. I would like to be wrong

As far as having no races below Cambridge Stables I'll ask a rhetorical question. It's rhetorical because I think everyone knows the answer

Andre Poutama, as an example, went to the races and got interested. He then helped Uncle Noddy. Then he became a Junior Driving Champion and now he trains in Pukekohe. 

You only get start to get interested in something if you experience it. Where are the next generation of Trainers going to come from? Odds on that they will be a resuult of line breeding

Mikie

14 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Actually that night in March with 5 x races was a good nights racing.

We had 2 x horses in and the racing was competitive , 10+ horse fields and some battlers got into the winners circle for nice stakes.

Good divis too......and maybe a shorter card is OK at certain times of year.

Of course the reason the horses were low on numbers was it was the 5th North Island meeting in 9 days.

Not good programming.

And what country clubs are paying toward the Group racing at the main tracks.

Are you suggesting more Group races be held at country clubs  ?

No, I'm suggesting that Countrey Clubs receive what they "earn" from betting rather than a few million being siphoned off for Group subsidies (the exact figure is obtainable but I can't be bothered to enlighten you with the exact sum today)

The amount that is siphoned off is sufficient to turn $7000 races into $10000 races

Mikie