RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Minister announces emergency $72.5 million for racing

Just now, Ohokaman said:

“We’re going to make Racing great again.....”.    Seem to have heard similar before.

Let’s see if it is just more of the same....money given to the same people who got us here.....:unsure:

I'd be happy if they could get it back to good , and sustainable .

Mind boggling really. You do wonder who his trusted advisors are.  This must come from somewhere. Two more all weather tracks at a time like this. Riccarton hasn't even got a public grandstand, but it gets a white elephant new track. I thought we had too many tracks as it was.

I suppose the outstanding suppliers who need to be paid are the annual fees for the TAB white elephant.

We should introduce white elephant racing: we have enough of them.

Just now, We're Doomed said:

Mind boggling really. You do wonder who his trusted advisors are.  This must come from somewhere. Two more all weather tracks at a time like this. Riccarton hasn't even got a public grandstand, but it gets a white elephant new track. I thought we had too many tracks as it was.

I suppose the outstanding suppliers who need to be paid are the annual fees for the TAB white elephant.

We should introduce white elephant racing: we have enough of them.

There won't be an AWT at Riccarton , it was muted before , it's not happening . It's a dream. The money punted on NZ racing come July will be so small as to be laughable . It won't happen , and iam a conservative each way punter . No way at all .

“Over the next three months officials will assess recapitalisation options. Ministers will need to be assured industry reforms are making progress to ensure any such future investment is well directed,” Peters said.

This is the bit that could have a few hooks in it.

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

Uncle Shane delivers 26 million from the PGF

The rest, the governments 50 million,  pretty much all goes to RITA .......

It’s a great result for racing....but.....have we solved any of the fundamental revenue and profit  based problems or is this just another band aid slapped on a bleeding artery ?

You can't improve things if your broke p4p and I'm picking the  the current board won't be making the same mistakes as the previous clowns.

Greg

3 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I haven't noticed anyone suggesting Racing will come out of this stronger: bigger and better than before. There is still no indication of a "plan" and strong competent leadership.

Perhaps a case of small steps WD. 

After all the codes need to lift as well and get with the program

Greg

3 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I haven't noticed anyone suggesting Racing will come out of this stronger: bigger and better than before. There is still no indication of a "plan" and strong competent leadership.

There has been a "plan" available for 2 years but no one wants to follow it. The "strong & competent leadership" part is a huge problem but Winston keeps pointing the mob in the direction of the "plan" but none of the sheep will lead the rest to run & jump through the gateway.

10 minutes ago, Hufkissen said:

“Over the next three months officials will assess recapitalisation options. Ministers will need to be assured industry reforms are making progress to ensure any such future investment is well directed,” Peters said.

This is the bit that could have a few hooks in it.

For “recapitalisation” read “what assets can we grab to flog off....?” :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Perhaps a case of small steps WD. 

After all the codes need to lift as well and get with the program

Greg

I agree totally Greg. I certainly don't blame rita for everything. NZTR don't inspire me with confidence. They certainly have to get their house in order.

2 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I agree totally Greg. I certainly don't blame rita for everything. NZTR don't inspire me with confidence. They certainly have to get their house in order.

And the silence from NZTB  is deafening of late. Mind you they might have been put in their place .

Greg

This just looks like good money after bad to me , but let's hope they don't piss " OUR" money up wall. 

Also the shit you need to own 20 group 1s to have an opinion is officially bull crap , my mates 15 year old does a paper round , he can have an opinion as a taxpayer , and poke his nose in . The taxpayers " OWN " the joint now .

10 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

And the silence from NZTB  is deafening of late. Mind you they might have been put in their place .

Greg

NZTR do a question and answer (a little political but appreciated) every week. Thank presume it is hard for NZTR to do much more if RITA won’t tell them how much stake money they have?

43 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Exactly , they should be coming out with a 12 month plan , then plans of what they expect to achieve over the next 5/10/20 years . Set some goals , not pie in the sky shit but achievable realistic goals . If they did this and showed they were following through with implementing these plans i believe they would receive a lot more support from industry participants .

4 minutes ago, Stables said:

Well done Winston

Of course he's done well, let's hope that's the last handout racing needs ever  and we all get some form of health treatment should it be required and the govenment doesn't plead poverty after their largesse .