RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Davey Mac.

1 minute ago, mikenz said:

Even this decision is another fuck up,43 years at it,would have been better to let him finish on his own terms,I wonder how many fat cats at the top will last that long.

Some of those suit wearing arseholes should be shown the door today

The reason they might have started bottom up is they need their plans sorted to kick the show off , rather than cutting people mid season or when things getting really into gear .It needs to get going TV wise very smoothly .

The value of the sharp end is shown by the fact it gets sorted first , the ones who don't really matter get the luxury of time by the mere fact they don't really matter . They will be trimmed quite short in time for sure .

have to agree Mike, but Dave possibly not to worried. As for getting at the suits, I"d rather they be called trough pigs. Just whom has the power to say he or she should go as their performance has not been to the required level?  No one it would seem to me. You would need a collective vote of no confidence from, Trainers federation, All owners, All racing clubs, incl harness and dogs. Is that likely to happen,  a resounding no.  So what can be done to turn a lemon into an orange?  Where is the power? Who controls senior management?:rcf-monkey-1:

In many ways the way Davey mac has been treated is very poor,surely they could have offered a new deal with a pay cut and give him the option ,gee after all those years he should have been left to go on his own terms but with the new media setup you may have only heard him call the races and then bang off to greyhounds in Austria or something,I know southland will miss him,but a better send off than this would be more fitting.

I rate Dave MacDonald in out top 5 commentators ever. He has worked his heart out in the deep South for decades. Often the "forgotten region" by the fat cats, "show ponies", and 2 minute-wonders of our industry, the area has been blessed with his passion and skill across all 3 codes. Id say only Reon Murtha has called more races. I don't know the guy but I sense he is a personable, kind, and highly professional commentator and an industrious worker in our game. For me, his call in the 2015 White Robe Lodge will always be my favourite moment in NZ racing, let alone the best commentary of a race. 

I only hope that some sort of acknowledgement is being planned to match what Dave has given to the sport. No one deserves one more than him.

In my opinion he is right up there with Reon, But clearly hasn’t been shown the same respect

Let’s be honest any game that has to rely on Winstone Peters is in the shit, the TAB don’t deserve Davey Mac

Sleazy buggers. I remember reading years ago that at a social event, the then head of Trackside TV   came up to Davy Mac, Kevin Payne and one other caller, pointed at them and  said " I hold your jobs in my hand, I could get rid of you, you or you with click of my fingers "     Real  sweet  behaviour and now only one remains  .  What it does show is just how long these bastards have been indulging in this toxic,  shiity. sort of carry on.