RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Varro

Please outsource TAB

I know this has been done to death, but the TAB really ought to hang their heads in shame.  Why offer a betting product, that you can neither use to analyse their form.  For the novelty i saw this morning there was racing in brazil, i didnt have a bet but wanted to watch out of interest.

however i see you can bet on the race, but the stream is down, and absolutely no form to read, no analysis.  this is treating your customers like shit.

image.thumb.png.ef25888aee75ac6097932a14e3850111.png

to be honest, i dont care about Brazilian racing, and it doesnt bother me they dont show the form, but we as customers of the TAB have paid for this 50 million dollar upgrade. and you have to ask yourself what are you getting in return?

NZ form, yes some improvement.

But Australian racing, still very very substandard actually inadequate form and stat information for runner by runner.

and any other form bar saturday city meetings in australia, diabolical.

I cant for the life of me understand why the TAB continues to offer a product, and give you no, none, statistical information to help you make a semi informed decision.

I emailed the TAB a year ago addressing this point and got a reply that they are trying to continue to upgrade and improve their information.  I have seen no improvement.

It is a utter farce, and insulting to punters in NZ that they treat their customers so poorly.  It truly is a shame they have no domestic competition because they are a disgrace.

TAB, if you are going to offer betting products, give you customers decent information, form, analysis, stats, etc. I know i can source this yself through other various sites, but TAB you are offering NZ only betting platform, its no wonder why people dont bet on racing, how the hell are people meant to get excited by your product.

I know this is a vent, but this upgrade cost millions, and the site is no better than before, and it is so so unfair on our industry that this is what we get, and we just have to accept what we have.

im going to later try and find some alternative sites to bet from.  I saw on another thread Pam Robson said BET 365 was quite user friendly.

Any suggestions on a good site, that displays racing, and shows good form and stat information that is quite easy to read?

17 minutes ago, Varro said:

im going to later try and find some alternative sites to bet from.  I saw on another thread Pam Robson said BET 365 was quite user friendly.

Any suggestions on a good site, that displays racing, and shows good form and stat information that is quite easy to read?

None of them show decent form. 

3 hours ago, Varro said:

The racing .com app doesnt have decent form but it does have a vast archive  of race and trial videos in a very easy format similar to the love racing site we have, unfortunately they concentrate on victorian races but excellent for what it is.

3 hours ago, Varro said:

Varro, Up until 1990 the TAB did not provide any racing form or data. Even when they started compiling they did it quietly just building their database.  Compiling data wasn't in their brief,  The Racing & Harness Conferences were the prime source of data but if you were a private operator and wanted to publish something they charged exhorbitant amounts for the "privilege". One thing in TAB's favour was they saw the advantage of racing data being disseminated as widely as possible.

Even so this whole area has become messy with a lot of duplication of effort. I don't believe the wagering operator should be responsible for producing race form. This should be done by the bodies benefiting from the wagering profits. Similarly Trackside TV and Radio should be separated as well.

7 hours ago, Varro said:

to be honest, i dont care about Brazilian racing, and it doesnt bother me they dont show the form, but we as customers of the TAB have paid for this 50 million dollar upgrade. and you have to ask yourself what are you getting in return?

NZ form, yes some improvement.

But Australian racing, still very very substandard actually inadequate form and stat information for runner by runner.

and any other form bar saturday city meetings in australia, diabolical.

I cant for the life of me understand why the TAB continues to offer a product, and give you no, none, statistical information to help you make a semi informed decision.

I emailed the TAB a year ago addressing this point and got a reply that they are trying to continue to upgrade and improve their information.  I have seen no improvement.

It is a utter farce, and insulting to punters in NZ that they treat their customers so poorly.  It truly is a shame they have no domestic competition because they are a disgrace.

TAB, if you are going to offer betting products, give you customers decent information, form, analysis, stats, etc. I know i can source this yself through other various sites, but TAB you are offering NZ only betting platform, its no wonder why people dont bet on racing, how the hell are people meant to get excited by your product.

I know this is a vent, but this upgrade cost millions, and the site is no better than before, and it is so so unfair on our industry that this is what we get, and we just have to accept what we have.

The amazing thing about the betting platform that they needed so much and could do so much for customer service and increased profitability has yet to be proven. So why on the contract they signed our lives away on has it not got a performance clause in it. Any legal contract you sign offering a service one should be provide at the sellers expense if performance is not met.

8 hours ago, NextPlease said:

It doesn't even have a live chat function. Seriously, how and why are the TAB so far behind other operators in the online gambling industry?

Why should the TAB be like "other" online operators. The TAB is there to support racing. The other operators are there to support themselves.  (Well perhaps TAB need reminding!!!)

On 5/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, shaneMcAlister said:

Just another two examples below.  This is daily!!!  The site is a dog and no one in RITA will admit it.

example 2.png

example 1.png

Hmm... Shane just looking at those images, are you trying to run the website on your phone, with limited battery power and not connected to a wireless link? If so, your device is telling you 'I can't handle whats coming down the pipe. Either plug me in and get me to a stable connection or download the app from whatever app store so to make my limited life easier'

6 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Why should the TAB be like "other" online operators. The TAB is there to support racing. The other operators are there to support themselves.  (Well perhaps TAB need reminding!!!)

Because what they're offering is worse, not better. Basic customer service now includes Live Chat.

10 hours ago, slam dunk said:

You obviously aren’t aware of “Turnover Tax”?

On 5/13/2020 at 6:07 AM, NextPlease said:

It doesn't even have a live chat function. Seriously, how and why are the TAB so far behind other operators in the online gambling industry?

I am interested why you think it should have a live chat function. The website to me, is about making a financial decision on what's being offered.

If you need to discuss what is in front of you, then maybe using a good forum like this, or if you need help navigating the website, then they do have a Q & A and other tools available.

Also, what is the distance they are far that behind other operators? Can you URL link me to those sites? It would be really interesting to see what is currently trending in the gambling industry. 

Thanks