RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

The Positivity Thread

Alright, at a time like this I think we should have a positive thread, the good things in Racing, something to give us some hope.

I am totally out of touch with the actual personalities these days, but can people list 10 or so highly capable and competent people involved in Racing management: club secretaries, code management, TAB management, trainers, breeders, jockeys, even perhaps a non racing person who has proven to be a brilliant manager.

Who are the stars? Who could save the industry?

Leo Molloy, Independent

David Archer Owners Rep

Tony Pike and Michael Pitman and Chris Wood, Trainers Reps

Craig Grylls and Robert Hannam Jockeys Rep

No Pollys

Just a few to start with....Racing folk

No Breeding Reps as that's another industry

2 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Leo Molloy, Independent

David Archer Owners Rep

Tony Pike and Michael Pitman and Chris Wood, Trainers Reps

Craig Grylls and Robert Hannam Jockeys Rep

No Pollys

Just a few to start with....Racing folk

No Breeding Reps as that's another industry

To be honest, those trainers have been there all these years while things have deteriorated to this hopeless state. Virtually no industry body has done nothing to stop the incompetent RIB leadership for the last 20 years or so.

23 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

To be honest, those trainers have been there all these years while things have deteriorated to this hopeless state. Virtually no industry body has done nothing to stop the incompetent RIB leadership for the last 20 years or so.

Put yours up, your thread tell us who you want

15 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Your onto it Leigh, but I suggest you need the very smart business guys like David Archer such talent not yet involved it amazes me - they have so much to offer

Don't agree with your list. The place to extract the dollar is online so you need real guru's with great IT grounding. A combination of marketing, technical and racing. Your list is more atuned to actual racing rather than wagering and racing.

Just now, slam dunk said:

Don't agree with your list. The place to extract the dollar is online so you real guru's with great IT grounding. A combination of marketing, technical and racing. Your list is more atuned to actual racing rather than wagering and racing.

With respect your people are the reason why we are where we are, I want racing people to lead - not IT, not wagering, not technical but your folk come in after and set up what Racing people demand, not ask - demand

1 minute ago, TurnyTom said:

With respect your people are the reason why we are where we are, I want racing people to lead - not IT, not wagering, not technical but your folk come in after and set up what Racing people demand, not ask - demand

Thats the old formula. i can't think of any board member on either TAB or NZTR that has been strongly qualified in IT ever. So you are wrong. You have had lawyers, accountants, public servants, business leaders but never IT.  The founder of Betfair once said "we are not a gambling company but rather a software company". I doubt Jeff Bezos had much retail experience yet look at Amazon now. Don't get me wrong I believe racing people should be there but where were they when average Joe blow could easily see what was wrong with the whole setup.

47 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Well if you know few in the industry, you were very quick to dust my trainers - get real WRD, get real or don't bother 

I'm not quite sure what's getting you so excited. I said those trainers have been about for years and the trainers assoc has done nothing to bring racing into line, so I'm not sure how they are going to save things now.

At least Scooby's suggestion Mark Freeman has the breeding.

2 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I'm not quite sure what's getting you so excited. I said those trainers have been about for years and the trainers assoc has done nothing to bring racing into line, so I'm not sure how they are going to save things now.

At least Scooby's suggestion Mark Freeman has the breeding.

Put your people up, stop your BS grandstanding

You can say FO, I wouldn't be offended, but neither would I be educated  - your input has been minimal, not an expert but an expert to cristise without offering anything, in my Boardrooms you would have been removed, promptly - no politics but why have a person in the room who offers nothing be it plus or minus

Bye

Sack all the non-racing suits currently steering the Titanic and replace them with this lot to drive the Lifeboat.....take your pick!

Nomates
Mark Claydon
Barry Lichter
Brendon Lindsay
Kevin Hickman
Ray Green
Luke Radich
Leo Molloy
Steve Hansen
Peter V'landys
John Messara
Luke Kemeys