RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Blood on the floor at Trackside

I hope they have sacked all of those people who decided to air all of those obscure meetings from 'where the hell is that'.  And then to cut to watch some rubbish dirt American race over the 'afters' of a decent race here goes to show they had know idea of racing.  I used to really look forward to Saturday racing, now I'd rather garden, and I am not a gardener!!

My neighbour who knows I like racing asked me yesterday how come 26 million was given to racing to pay unpaid suppliers! 

Not a good look and as all of us racing lovers know our sport is looked down on as dodgy and forever in the headlines re pokies, inca etc. 

I am sure there would be a great array of people who have been around racing, run successful businesses etc who would be interested in being on a board for a fraction of these salaries that are bandied about. 

The website / betting platform debacle including the 17 million a year!!, plus the cost of 8 odd million for the riu etc astonished me. 

Time for a clean slate before fonner Park and murwillimbah camel racing are our lot

25 minutes ago, Womby said:

My neighbour who knows I like racing asked me yesterday how come 26 million was given to racing to pay unpaid suppliers! 

Not a good look and as all of us racing lovers know our sport is looked down on as dodgy and forever in the headlines re pokies, inca etc. 

I am sure there would be a great array of people who have been around racing, run successful businesses etc who would be interested in being on a board for a fraction of these salaries that are bandied about. 

The website / betting platform debacle including the 17 million a year!!, plus the cost of 8 odd million for the riu etc astonished me. 

Time for a clean slate before fonner Park and murwillimbah camel racing are our lot

Now that Rita has been in the dole que and fortunately Winnie has got that done. I just hope that with racing being able to continue that all who benefit from racing in general are just as giving in sponsorship as that going to be the hardest road to sell to any business in this period. So to all the studs, vets, farriers, feed merchants, adjustment operators , equine this and that come to the party to support the industry that supports yours.

4 hours ago, Tropical said:

I hope they have sacked all of those people who decided to air all of those obscure meetings from 'where the hell is that'.  And then to cut to watch some rubbish dirt American race over the 'afters' of a decent race here goes to show they had know idea of racing.  I used to really look forward to Saturday racing, now I'd rather garden, and I am not a gardener!!

If they have sacked them the ones now in charge beam in Brazil , Mon and Tues this week. No form, breeding , no anything to try line up a bet . Out of 5 mill population how many people do they expect to bet on race 5 Gavea on a Monday morning . It is a wind up , it must cost more in electricity , what's the turnover on Palm Beach Greyhounds . They have lost all sense of reality , no one's betting on NZ racing from overseas , and no one here is betting on Brazil or Palm Beach . The market for NZ racing is max 5 million , that's it all in from youngest to oldest if they allowed toddlers to bet , they are dead set dreamers .

A least  the European racing , if cherry picked there some great stuff from great tracks , with great jockeys and trainers and the  amount of imports now in OZ it's something to watch and put in the punters memory bank , well those of us left who love horse racing and call it horse racing not "the product ".

Horses just numbers to these guys though. 

18 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

If they have sacked them the ones now in charge beam in Brazil , Mon and Tues this week. No form, breeding , no anything to try line up a bet . Out of 5 mill population how many people do they expect to bet on race 5 Gavea on a Monday morning . It is a wind up , it must cost more in electricity , what's the turnover on Palm Beach Greyhounds . They have lost all sense of reality , no one's betting on NZ racing from overseas , and no one here is betting on Brazil or Palm Beach . The market for NZ racing is max 5 million , that's it all in from youngest to oldest if they allowed toddlers to bet , they are dead set dreamers .

A least  the European racing , if cherry picked there some great stuff from great tracks , with great jockeys and trainers and the  amount of imports now in OZ it's something to watch and put in the punters memory bank , well those of us left who love horse racing and call it horse racing not "the product ".

Horses just numbers to these guys though. 

These guys don't know what a Guineas race is , what the Arc is, the St James Palace stakes, what an Oaks is the Champion stakes etc therein lies the problem they don't know what they are selling, so they serve up dross from Brazil or Tampa Bay and to them its the same as the above races only on at a more convenient time and everything else they do is like NZTR either copied or stolen ideas.

Thats a problem thats going to be acerbated by this restructure there are going to be even less there now that have a clue than before.

42 minutes ago, Huey said:

These guys don't know what a Guineas race is , what the Arc is, the St James Palace stakes, what an Oaks is the Champion stakes etc therein lies the problem they don't know what they are selling, so they serve up dross from Brazil or Tampa Bay and to them its the same as the above races only on at a more convenient time and everything else they do is like NZTR either copied or stolen ideas.

Thats a problem thats going to be acerbated by this restructure there are going to be even less there now that have a clue than before.

Iam not really into this BGP , just not me nowdays ,  but they seem to have a real genuine love for the game, the horses  , they want to sell it as the horses and the punt, the more I think about it they are to be embraced by racing , still not my thing but important to get fresh blood onto the horses !!!!   Most those guys no doubt you can have a decent gas about what's what .  If you love racing you can go to racing and not have a bet in my view , I honestly think most on here would still enjoy going Arc , Auckland Cup Day , you name it any big day for the sport alone , or to see a good horse . How many people made money punting on Winx or Black Caviar or Frankel. How many people go to see them though,  shedloads , that's racing . I will always regret never seeing Frankel in full flow in the flesh ,  that's a thing of beauty , Winx I will never forget, made bugger all out of betting on her though .

Since Monday's news I haven't bothered with trackside but have flicked through chanels twice and both times a screen with a market and irritating music,this is the future,not 4 me that lot making decisions wont get another cent from me and they have had a lot of cents over the years until they do make racing great again but judging by the present strategy that wont be 4 a while