RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Blood on the floor at Trackside

7 hours ago, gubellini said:

I can’t believe they have let Jason Teaz go. Accurate race caller and his indepth knowledge of all three codes is second to none.

Absolutely crazy thats for sure!!! Meanwhile a new flash in the pan caller keeps his job in the South Island. It made me ill the amount of back slapping he got last November. They have short memories of when Teaz used to fly the length of the country at his own expense to call races and/or be a presenter. 

Just now, THE TORCH said:

Absolutely crazy thats for sure!!! Meanwhile a new flash in the pan caller keeps his job in the South Island. It made me ill the amount of back slapping he got last November. They have short memories of when Teaz used to fly the length of the country at his own expense to call races and/or be a presenter. 

Exactly...I hope he gets a job overseas..he like Tom Wood has been shafted..and Tom has done well for himself.

The do not give a flying f... about anyone..nobody.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

Are you ahead in the dollar department or not.

Who knows , certainly as I've gotten older my results have been poor , (in fact hopeless)  , a regular donor but in my younger days I  was pretty good . I  struck a few big ones back then which  has helped me through life .

I think the overall answer is yes because it helped me buy a piece of  land 

6 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

The Trackside coalface people at Radio and TV are knowledgeable with a genuine passion for the industry doing their best to promote and attract people to racing and create turnover. Barry Lichter makes mention of Mark Claydon losing his job. There would be very few with more knowledge and passion for than industry than Mark. It is people such as Mark that are asset to racing yet now surplus to requirements according to Rita.

Exactly Ted...and thats why the industry has been totally fucked inside and out...they don't care one iota about the industry...nor the quality industry people they just get rid of....all they care about is protecting their own...nothing more and keeping their big fat pay checks so they can keep their snouts in the trough.

Sadly, we have all seen this coming for a long time and no one has done anything about it. It is hard to know what people could have done, but everyone now realises they should have done something. I think the three code bodies became so used to being subservient to the RIB  that they forgot to hold them to task when they started to go rogue.

9 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Sadly, we have all seen this coming for a long time and no one has done anything about it. It is hard to know what people could have done, but everyone now realises they should have done something. I think the three code bodies became so used to being subservient to the RIB  that they forgot to hold them to task when they started to go rogue.

There are plenty complicit in this that could have done something about, but I don't think its fair to say alot of people haven't tried to warn of this happening..they simply haven't been listened to and a combination of apathy and self interest has interfered with anything being done about it.

8 minutes ago, Huey said:

Just on another note can anyone recommend a betting site for Australian racing , thats easy to use withdraw $ from etc. I'm done with NZ TAB.

I find Bet365 very user friendly and easy to both deposit and withdraw. 

I'm sure others will have their own preferences. 

Any of the big AUS bookies are easy to deal with, never had to wait more then 48 hours for funds to be in my account, add Betfair to the list as well.   A few of the smaller ones were hard work getting funds, mainly because of the international transfer process, but always got my money in the end.

Just be sure to verify all your accounts/cards straight away to avoid any delays in withdrawals. 

The real problem of course is everybody deserts and leaves the nz rab who are the losers,the race people are but maybe it needs to be dozed down everybody kicked up the arse and start again from point A

48 minutes ago, Stables said:

Any one claiming to be a supporter of racing in New Zealand, who does not bet with the New Zealand TAB, is a hippocrate

And those who do bet with the NZ TAB are, in the words of the late great Bernt Bryant, “Spendthrifts with a good sense of humour”. You’re so wrong Stable’s. Any punter worth their weight always bet where the “best odds” are available. That’s not with the NZ TAB. 

13 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

The signs were there a couple of years ago when they got rid of Michael Dore, who would have more racing knowledge than everyone left in the building put together.

Hi  Doomed ,have suggested  Michael Dore on previous thread a few months ago as you say not many would know more but most probably had a gutsful of the way things are going . As for Mark Claydon he was the bright light on radio and TV he had a passion for racing and I'm sure they dont know anything about racing if they can drop Mark .A few think that withdrawing their  betting on  the TAB might show we are dissatisfied with the direction they are heading ,I  remember Lex Nichols formed a no one bet on race one at TeRapa back in the mid 70's it was the biggest turn over of the day ,so that didnt work . I've also said I feel like Custer ,it doesnt matter how hard or how high I wave the white flag the same result is inevitable ,Cheers BH

57 minutes ago, Stables said:

Any one claiming to be a supporter of racing in New Zealand, who does not bet with the New Zealand TAB, is a hippocrate

They might need charitable donations Stables but they ain't getting them from me. That's not why I bet.

I wonder if the last few days announcements were made to show cabinet that they were serious about making an effort in sorting things out , just in time for Winnies windfall for racing . My fear is the money is going into the same old slot machine that has churned up millions over previous years with the same old permutations coming up . LOSER , LOSER , LOSER !!

27 minutes ago, Stables said:

God we're so optomistic on this site

I think every single person on this site loves racing , different opinions but love it all the same , or why bother chewing the fat over it .

I punt 95 per cent my dollar on NZ Tab , only time I don't some big overseas handicaps where I can get down to 6th place and better options but not a lot so it's in my interest that it succeeds as I enjoy going to the track and get close to the horses and have a bet , it's great .

What gets up my nose is the entitlement of some in racing , note some not many but some like the taxpayers owes them a living . Like F Off , my family who earn and pay taxes don't gamble , care little about the sport , take risks in their jobs to earn a coin they owe racing sweet FA, my kids owe racing sweet FA  , so why should I as a taxpayer not be concerned taxpayer funds are going to a dysfunctional,  fat cat laden , greedy industry who are totally  un self sustaining at the moment .

I truly hope they sort their shit , get rid of the fat cats and stale old same old same old admin and come back strong , but not on others people's coin . Basically racing is a leech at the moment that's the fact.