RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Blood on the floor at Trackside

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

I seen the 3rd race they took betting on this morning at 8.30am had $107 in the tote pools , that was W/P , Q , Tri's . Weren't even showing the race , how much profit in this race for the industry , i just don't get it .

It is possible the feed comes in for fuck all if anything,what next

7 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Not really the people that caused the problems that are getting the boot is it. Typical I suppose.

I think this is round one, what I find interesting they have savaged their marketing/advertising arm but place faith in more none descript overseas racing. Cannot balance that, but remind self it is about cost reduction.

I hope they seriously review free to air TV as part of a reviewed marketing/advertising arm - IMHO that is elementary to promoting the product and may bring back the tens of thousands of investors they have alienated over the last 5 years or so. They have to attack their current issues boldly and accept earlier decisions we're terribly wrong.

My supermarket stocks 7 brands of dunny rolls. NZRB/RITA thinks that if I expand that to 17 brands my customers will buy and use more and that will overcome the fact that I've now doubled the cost of stock control, ordering, deliveries, restocking etc and had to cut down the shelf space for the baked beans and fresh baked bread to make room for them. Of course my new $50,000 inventory control software should cover that and the $1,700 p.a. annual maintenance costs for that.

I only need a good enough selection to stop my customers from shopping elsewhere and be price competitive enough to maybe attract a few more customers so I grow the business. Everyone else in business knows this.

What a bunch of FUCKIN MORONS! :rcf-angry-2:

Run by suits on hundreds of thousands of dollars who keep their jobs the useless greedy C##TS! :rcf-angry-4:

Wall To Wall Racing is the last thing the Industry needs! LESS IS MORE YOU MUPPET'S !

They obviously don't regard us as a sport but believe we all have gambling addictions instead. Two flies up a wall anyone??? :rolleyes:

I am pissed off at this approach to say the least! :angry:

NZ RACING run by Non racing Suits with no idea! F###WITS!

I wonder if any of the people who have made these decisions have heard the saying " quality over quantity " , i'd suggest not .

If ever we needed an indicator that things aren't going to change , this is it .

They really have no clues about our industry and it's requirements .

Madness.

The clean out should start at the top and work out from there not the other way around. A further retrenching of racing away from the public. Instead of promoting racing and trying to attract people this action will only lead to further alienation of the customers that are left and further erosion of turnover (the opposite of what is needed).  

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

It will be interesting hearing George calling the dogs. Two of the happiest people will be Tom Wood and Mark Mac. They got out in time.

George has called the dogs before and is very good at it. Peter Early and Trevor Wilkes although having given great service to the industry should both be gone. Their calls are now nothing like what is actually happening on the track., full of inaccuracies and Trev was prone to that all through his career but it is standard expected behaviou now.

Poor Old Jason , a logical successor to either or both of the Dogz commentators

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

My supermarket stocks 7 brands of dunny rolls. NZRB/RITA thinks that if I expand that to 17 brands my customers will buy and use more and that will overcome the fact that I've now doubled the cost of stock control, ordering, deliveries, restocking etc and had to cut down the shelf space for the baked beans and fresh baked bread to make room for them. Of course my new $50,000 inventory control software should cover that and the $1,700 p.a. annual maintenance costs for that.

I only need a good enough selection to stop my customers from shopping elsewhere and be price competitive enough to maybe attract a few more customers so I grow the business. Everyone else in business knows this.

Those annual maintenance costs are $17,000 p.a. aren't they??

15 minutes ago, MS26 said:

Those annual maintenance costs are $17,000 p.a. aren't they??

Yeahh, I prorated it. My supermarket only has about 1% of the turnover of the TAB.

The TAB equivalent is $17m

Wall to wall racing , that's been done before .

When internationalisation / co mingling kicked off years ago that's what we had , it failed , punters didn't like it and that's why we ended up with  2nd racing channel . Time has moved on , it's now a case of radical change or the end for racing , that goes for all those clubs who refuse to change and contribute as well , let's hope those clubs are next on the chopping block .

I have aired my views on the other forum. That is the Barry Lichter News Stories and the A to Z of NZ Racing and its demise.

I would just add that my main point is that what was lost or disposed of, to be quite blunt, when the Racing Act came into being in 2003 were the people who were PASSIONATE about RACING. 

They have never been properly replaced.

26 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

When internationalisation / co mingling kicked off years ago that's what we had , it failed , punters didn't like it and that's why we ended up with  2nd racing channel . Time has moved on , it's now a case of radical change or the end for racing , that goes for all those clubs who refuse to change and contribute as well , let's hope those clubs are next on the chopping block .

I am  regular punter, not big for sure, but never ever would  consider betting on overseas dogs, or racing from USA. I do not bet anywhere apart from Aussie and NZ Gallops. Harness in NZ on occasions, but rare.  Each to his own, but USA and Aussie Dogs?:rcf-angry-2:

if it is that 30% of those employed by RITA will lose their jobs then the roles of the 70% still remaining will cause some angst

Overseas analysis suggests those earning the least are more likely to go. Attached is in $US

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

I agree , gonna be great seeing Ellerslie and Te Rapa sell up for the good of the industry.

24 minutes ago, arjay said:

I am  regular punter, not big for sure, but never ever would  consider betting on overseas dogs, or racing from USA. I do not bet anywhere apart from Aussie and NZ Gallops. Harness in NZ on occasions, but rare.  Each to his own, but USA and Aussie Dogs?:rcf-angry-2:

And you would not be alone there Arjay....why anyone would think bringing in wall to wall racing, most of a low quality that NZ punters have no knowledge of, or affinity with, will increase turnover is kidding themselves. Apart from the form, the early time zones don’t suit either, and anyone that has looked at any of these races from the US and other places and seen the miniscule pools must be wondering what genius thought this was a good idea....

Us taking this stuff may be the quid pro quo for those markets taking our racing, but I have never seen any numbers supporting this...

:rcf-thinking:

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Madness.

The clean out should start at the top and work out from there not the other way around. A further retrenching of racing away from the public. Instead of promoting racing and trying to attract people this action will only lead to further alienation of the customers that are left and further erosion of turnover (the opposite of what is needed).  

Agree the restructure looks a disaster for racing.

4 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

No Radio Trackside, ridiculous, they have made a right royal job this mob of fucking NZ Racing.....

Where is there any great ideas to promote racing as they seem hell bent on taking away any logical ways of promoting it. Are they just thinking about the professional punter as the average punter that like a bet will be gone. To me they are just trying to save their own sorry arse from the door with more stupidity and no common sense.