RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Barry Lichter's News Stories

Why would National want to govern in this environment? They are going to inherit a "dog" economy with massive debt. To repay this bebt is going to mean increased costs passed onto the taxpayer. Let Labour climb out of the hole they have put us all in. Because if National did win in September, they will have to make some very  unsavoury economic decisions, which will only guarantee them 1 term. Best to sit back for 3 years (probably less as the country will demand an early election), and watch the Labour economic package collapse then National will get in for 3 terms and this will give them the chance to rebuild the economy properly. 

1 hour ago, Fredd002 said:

Why would National want to govern in this environment? They are going to inherit a "dog" economy with massive debt. To repay this bebt is going to mean increased costs passed onto the taxpayer. Let Labour climb out of the hole they have put us all in. Because if National did win in September, they will have to make some very  unsavoury economic decisions, which will only guarantee them 1 term. Best to sit back for 3 years (probably less as the country will demand an early election), and watch the Labour economic package collapse then National will get in for 3 terms and this will give them the chance to rebuild the economy properly. 

What is more likely is that simple simon will survive the coup attempt or not, if not the new leader will get spanked just like simon and the party as a whole will have less seats in the new parliament, and therefore fewer faces/ personalities and lesser faces/ personalities to make an impression on voters for years to come.This election could be the end for the nats , it is certainly the toughest election they will ever face.

1 hour ago, Fredd002 said:

Agree Fredd....I’ll be surprised if there are not tax increases galore ( obvious and surreptitious ) if Labour get in again, particularly if the economy does not recover substantially...they have to balance the books somehow and will have no choice. Tourism is a big earner and it is in trouble right now and if this virus continues Worldwide that won’t change much.

The reason they have such a warchest is National’s astute handling of the finances....Robertson admitted as much this week.

On 5/20/2020 at 3:17 PM, Nukkledragga said:

What is more likely is that simple simon will survive the coup attempt or not, if not the new leader will get spanked just like simon and the party as a whole will have less seats in the new parliament, and therefore fewer faces/ personalities and lesser faces/ personalities to make an impression on voters for years to come.This election could be the end for the nats , it is certainly the toughest election they will ever face.

Nonsense. Not the end for Nats at all. Labour was regarded as 'history' in the Shearer/Cunliffe days..not all that long ago!  A week is a long time in politics. Jacinda is blotting her copybook by not going to Level 1 soon enough and when unemployment stats hit the fan and winter miseries kick in, things will improve for National.

Nats were knocked for 6 way back at the end of the Muldoon era, took them a hell of a long time to recover. It's early days yet but Muller hasn't made an impressive start, in fact there's talk of another coup before the next election. Trouble is no one wants the poison chalice

59 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Nonsense. Not the end for Nats at all. Labour was regarded as 'history' in the Shearer/Cunliffe days..not all that long ago!  A week is a long time in politics. Jacinda is blotting her copybook by not going to Level 1 soon enough and when unemployment stats hit the fan and winter miseries kick in, things will improve for National.

Nationals only hope and it is quite possible is that neither the greens or NZF get 5% and national with their shady epsom dealings carve up parliament as part of a "2party " state.they might only get 30% of the vote but could get more than their fair share under mmp reallocations .Typically 100% of the seats are doled out to 90%of the vote (the 10% remainder is discarded as being short of the threshold) this time it could be more than 10% and that will benefit the big 2 more than ever.

Hilary Clinton was “Home” in the polls in 2016 - got done by Republican Trump. Bill Shorten was “Home” in the polls in 2019 (was said to have even selected his PM Staff!) - got done by Coalition Morrison. Don’t believe the polls. Many Voters are “tidal” and can change the expected result on the day. It’s the 10% that will determine who governs - not the sewed on diehards of each party. It ain’t over yet for the Nats and anyone who thinks it is should give up punting. If Winston had not sold his soul and revealed finally to NZ who/what he really is (an opportunist), Jacinta would not have taken the reins and National, who received a “clear single majority” of votes, would have stayed on to govern. Voters are funny and I suspect there will be some big surprises at the next election. Just ask Bill Shorten !

Isn't history littered with these so called experts that are paid exorbitant salaries only to ruin industries. The exposure of why racing is failing is very evident to most of us but what are they doing to fix the problems  nothing but keeping with the status quo. They get an independent assessment on a new betting platform that was damming but ignore this report. Not sure why they spend so many millions on consultants  only to dismiss there findings. Personally I hope that some wise heads get together an turn the industry around but I dont see this forth coming with no radio coverage. No free air tv an most media coverage turned off. How sad it has been to witness this debacle play out over the preceding years of a great industry 

I've said many times before,radio is the best media to engage people,if the tab can get trackside radio back on radio,not smartphone then maybe I may change my thoughts on them as in betting,tv and wall to wall racing is not very appealing but I can take it or leave it,i can watch what i want then ignore the rest of it.Trackside radio was a very good product,I've said before why did they not have sport broadcast on the times when racing is over 4 the day then there is a case for a 2nd radio channel online website whatever, for there are times when limited numbers are really interested in the racing radio coverage as the tab is a sports betting setup too why not NrL at night,there is no radio coverage at present,probably online somewhere but no radio at present.

3 hours ago, Trump said:

If racing is to thrive it really needs the TAB to have its own voice. A radio station. My car is locked in Radio 4TAB in Qld. I’m listening to interviews, previews, racing - all the time. I can’t imagine a business like the TAB not having its own broadcasting/news/outlet. 

I can't for the life of me understand any part of this decision along with others when they clearly have to build revenue , it's just not compatible with good business sense