RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Same srt of result Jape

Jape you need some training to do with getting out of the starting barriers quicker.

After another very slow start on the GG'S picking comp yesterday ran on well again at the finish. Mind you Bus stop had the same sort of start and hardly ran on at all. Mr Zim was holding hands with Bus Stop all the way and needs to consult a family member quickly to get some advice

Ha ha. Once again, though,  I was very pleased with my final result at 13th and over $3K in the bin.  BUT you are so right about the tardy beginnings. 

I grew up with the likes of Highland Fling and Lord Module and Thunder and Shorty Bijou.  They often gave their opponents a good start before unleashing in the last lap - or even last furlong.. 

On the other hand, in my days as an athlete, I was a sprinter and long jumper and anything further than 220 yards was a challenge. Fast out of the blocks then try to hang on!

Stamina was not in my genes.

Those comps are great fun and certainly liven up a Saturday arvo.

6 hours ago, GOM said:

Jape you need some training to do with getting out of the starting barriers quicker.

After another very slow start on the GG'S picking comp yesterday ran on well again at the finish. Mind you Bus stop had the same sort of start and hardly ran on at all. Mr Zim was holding hands with Bus Stop all the way and needs to consult a family member quickly to get some advice

Good Old Mike I am a greyhound punter (very average) just selected jockeys yeterday. Just to site down for a interesting afternoon hope there are more going forward be interesting what sort of response would be if one was run for the dogs on a Sunday afternoon.