RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ardentbuzz

Budget Day prediction

My prediction for budget next week 

Winston will drag his mate Shane Jones into the office and say look here Shane unless you can find 60-70 mill for NZ Racing from the provincial Growth fund in the budget we will both be History in November so see what you can come up with!!!

5 hours ago, ardentbuzz said:

Winston will drag his mate Shane Jones into the office and say look here Shane unless you can find 60-70 mill for NZ Racing from the provincial Growth fund in the budget we will both be History in November so see what you can come up with!!!

I don’t think they wil be history either way come November. With the Nats currently not looking like they are a viable alternative (in terms of recent poll numbers, even if the poll does have a bias) plenty will drift to NZFirst as a labour green prospect scares them. 

Just my two cents. 

I cannot see how Jacinda and her mob can bring in a package that financially supports the TAB.  The cries of disbelief if that happens will be deafening.  Joe and Josephine Public, who bet once a year on Melbourne Cup day, will never ever believe that the TAB could go broke.

But then, I could never ever believe that the TAB could go broke, but it has.

To win an election you have to carry Auckland.  And that city's top publican has mentioned on this site on several occasions that the vast majority of New Zealanders couldn't give a stuff about horse racing.  Although that publican's comments are frequently acerbic, you don't run a great bar unless you spend some time conversing and listening to your clientele.  He has obviously done that.

$80 million for racing , a sure bet .

This government has gone from , we have no money to mega spend , copious amounts of money for everyone except Pharmac .  $183 million to women's refuge  on top of the  $27 million to social service providers like the Salvation Army and Women's Refuge  a few weeks ago , poor old Pharmac gets $160 million for drugs for the whole of NZ , I guess this is why my 3 month (one pill a month) prescription was supplied to me one at a time , 3rd trip to the chemist coming up .

The government announced yesterday that drugs were getting hard to buy and prices were skyrocketing which makes the $160 million look small change in comparison to others , if this type of thinking prevails then racing should be asking for $180 million or there about's .

And what about racing owners , are they about to get hammered with surging vet bills , you bet .

46 minutes ago, Insider said:

National get it, racing swept under carpet. [again]

I am picking minimal support with an instruction to sort yourself out with a clear threat of Administration Management.

If my decision I would invoke the latter immediately

On 5/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, ardentbuzz said:

Go to the top of the class ardentbuzz, if this had been a tipping competition you would be well out in front