RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
uneasy

What are our most important tracks?

If you consider the following

Horses trained in close proximity

Population in close proximity

Stakes races run at venue

Racing surface and starting points

Attraction for owners trainers and punters, jockeys will go anywhere look how many ride at Rangiora trials but will not support as racing venue.

I am sure there is other criteria to consider

I'll start Riccarton, Ashburton, Timaru, Wingatui, Riverton, Gore. IMO

1 hour ago, uneasy said:

Attraction for owners trainers and punters, jockeys will go anywhere look how many ride at Rangiora trials but will not support as racing venue.

I'll go with that...but add Oamaru, as the track surface is usually very good,  facilities for horses ample [ tie ups, stabling on the day ].    A good alternative to Wingatui when weather precludes the former and close for the Otago participants.

I'll expand a little for my reasons ;    one track per province is unrealistic when climate exigencies are taken into context.

So,  Southland with Riverton and Gore

Otago with Wingatui and Oamaru

Canterbury with Riccarton, Ashburton, Timaru.

Seems reasonable to me.

27 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

I'll go with that...but add Oamaru, as the track surface is usually very good,  facilities for horses ample [ tie ups, stabling on the day ].    A good alternative to Wingatui when weather precludes the former and close for the Otago participants.

And the home of some very fine people.

All the above courses are good tracks, of interest why is Rangiora no longer raced at ?  I rode there as a kid, my boss liked the course too, he always called it a mini wellington with nice banked turns.  No irrigation was a problem years ago. Good front runners course to.

2 hours ago, uneasy said:

I'm sure no one would argue with that, except perhaps add Oamaru for winter racing as Pam has suggested. But don't go thinking you are some sort of genius Uneasy, and deserve an exorbitant consultants fee. It is a pretty obvious list that almost anyone would come up with. Hard to imagine anyone being silly enough to suggest closing Timaru and keeping Waikouaiti for instance.

1 hour ago, Cyril Rioli said:

Rangiora would be fine as a winter track

There wouldn’t be many jockeys left who have raced on it, so can’t imagine too many saying no

Agree...but you won't get any traction with that idea, no point pushing it.

1 hour ago, uneasy said:

We’re Doomed, Ludwig and Arjay are you all idiots where did I mention Waikouaiti?!!

Just trying to get some thinking for how many race day tracks we need for South Island racing if you want to be ignorant go comment elsewhere -tossers

What a rude gentleman.

Raw nerve?

Not rude I do appreciate the gentleman comment

Just sick of people trying to personalise/hijack a thread designed to find out what people think our best and most popular tracks are for holding race meetings at, after all things will be Changing

1 hour ago, uneasy said:

Not rude I do appreciate the gentleman comment

Just sick of people trying to personalise/hijack a thread designed to find out what people think our best and most popular tracks are for holding race meetings at, after all things will be Changing

Unfortunately none of the top 5 tracks are located in the South Island like you suggest.

They are:

Ellerslie

Te Rapa

Hastings

Awapuni

Wanganui/Matamata/Trentham toss up for last place.

No one north of Nelson really give a toss about SI racing and that's the reality I am afraid The further south the worse it gets & the less interested.

3 minutes ago, uneasy said:

Is that the reason why Te Akau, Pike, Marsh, Autridge, Latta and many others Have horses racing regularly south of Nelson. 99.9% of people would realise I was referring to South  Island tracks, but not you

Yep very easy to conclude that from you topic title, NOT.

I gave you the correct answers but they are not what you want to hear I guess.

3 minutes ago, uneasy said:

I said “our” not “the” 99.9% know where I’m based, but not you!!

Personally I think Trentham is consistently the best surface to race on but even a dum bugger  could see I was only referring to South Island tracks, but not you!!!!

Sorry I will leave the topic to you and the 3 others from the SI whom care.

4 hours ago, uneasy said:

We’re Doomed, Ludwig and Arjay are you all idiots where did I mention Waikouaiti?!!

Just trying to get some thinking for how many race day tracks we need for South Island racing if you want to be ignorant go comment elsewhere -tossers

Really, in this day when racing is near dead you are insulting 3 people whom could be punters, owners etc. 

29 minutes ago, barryb said:

Turny Tom most of your posts indicate the best race tracks are 3 hrs west of NZ via plane so hardly likely to be a SI venue is it.

Talking SI tracks, but I believe the best racing surfaces are indeed in Australia that's why I go there quite often, quite apart from the facilities, ambience, quality of the racing, betting options and food and drinks - sadly we are some distance behind.

But we must work with what we have