RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Everton

I give up

I can't believe on the TAB site the comments section for our greyhound races says N/A. The aussie races have comments, so what's the go ? Either the TAB is being slack, or it's our own Greyhound people. Perfect opportunity to give the punter something, and try and attract to our sport while the other codes are trying to get sorted. What do we give them, nothing !! .. it is so bloody typical.

HI EVERTON.    IT DOES NOT SURPRISE ME.   MAYBE THEY HAVE GIVEN UP AS WELL.    MAYBE IT IS ALL OVER.   DO NOT EXPECT TO FIND OUT WHY BECAUSE I JUST FEEL THEY DO NOT CARE.WE HAVE BEEN WAITING 16 MONTHS FOR SOME CHANGES TO THE GREAT BETTING PLATFORM (HAS THE TRAIN LEFT THE STATION YET?)=======MAYBE I SHOULD SAY HOW I REALLY FEEL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REGARDS.

I DO NOT COMMENT ON TOPICS BUT JUST FELT YOU MADE A GREAT POINT.

10 hours ago, Everton said:

I can't believe on the TAB site the comments section for our greyhound races says N/A. The aussie races have comments, so what's the go ? Either the TAB is being slack, or it's our own Greyhound people. Perfect opportunity to give the punter something, and try and attract to our sport while the other codes are trying to get sorted. What do we give them, nothing !! .. it is so 

The scribe got the dont come Monday when the lock down came into force, I see a new scribe writing up the form on the new GRNZ form guide, hope this not the last we hear from PF he was very passionate follower of the Greyhounds.

Total incompetence. The TAB have swaggered along patting themselves on the back for years while the rest of us tagged along shaking our heads. Times are tough enough for all the clubs in each code without them acting like they were following some edict from Nth Korea or wherever. 

Maybe it just came down to , 'its only the dogs'

Thought Mike Dore from GRNZ would be onto it. Be interesting to see what the turnover was for the first week of the dogs.I know I spent more than I normaly do just to give the turnover a hand.

Bring back Peter Fenemor, get the comments back ffs , I do bet on the dogs but I need help , I always seem to go to the comments , PF as you say is passionate and knowledgeble and I rely on his info, sorry bus stop , I went the other way , just backed a few of the dogs I knew well but could have gone for way more ..

On 5/9/2020 at 12:41 AM, TARANTULA said:

HI EVERTON.    IT DOES NOT SURPRISE ME.   MAYBE THEY HAVE GIVEN UP AS WELL.    MAYBE IT IS ALL OVER.   DO NOT EXPECT TO FIND OUT WHY BECAUSE I JUST FEEL THEY DO NOT CARE.WE HAVE BEEN WAITING 16 MONTHS FOR SOME CHANGES TO THE GREAT BETTING PLATFORM (HAS THE TRAIN LEFT THE STATION YET?)=======MAYBE I SHOULD SAY HOW I REALLY FEEL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REGARDS.

I DO NOT COMMENT ON TOPICS BUT JUST FELT YOU MADE A GREAT POINT.

Believe the punting platform crashed at the start. The driver put it in reverse. New Betting Platform = Backwards .  Can't watch on mobile ph. Too much scrolling involved and wants to select on a selection while scrolling and not one you want.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:41 PM, bus stop said:

Thought Mike Dore from GRNZ would be onto it. Be interesting to see what the turnover was for the first week of the dogs.I know I spent more than I normaly do just to give the turnover a hand.

Michael Dore .. yeh right .. still nothing, The silence is deafening. It really does tell you everything about the whole industry.

Literally been back racing for a little over a week during a pandemic where staffing levels have been decimated at RITA and people aren't working full hours etc. and you all complain (as per) about comments. Race comments. Ya don't think it might just take a little bit of time along with a few other things to get back to normal again? Classic. 

Don't give up yet, Everton et al.

There have been Comments Lines at the northern and Central meetings.

Palmy again today and Wanganui tomorrow Then Cambridge on Thursday. Sadly, no Addington.

It seems the greyhounds here have caught up with (or should that be descended to?) overseas fields as far as lack of comment and in some cases even form goes. Tokyo's big race the other day had the horse's number, a jockey and trainer but nothing else. No previous runs - Nada. Hopeless. How can you expect people to bet blind like this and profess to be a betting agency? Pure and simple - they don't care about the bettors, who are in fact the lifeblood of the racing industry and have been treated like mugs for decades. We're being served up rubbish and expected to eat it and say "Thanks" and this contempt for the punter has been even more starkly revealed since the $50 million John Allen wasted on the real racing "dog" (the new website). I love having a bet on the dogs and the horses and supporting the industry but I'm not wasting my hard-earned betting blind when they can't even be bothered to do the basics.

I hope you caught up with the FormGuides for both Cambridge and Addington today. They are severely abbreviated but every dog is covered and once you get the hang of it, you can follow it quite well. There is a huge amount of info there. Btw, I presume you people check out the Punters Lounge each day to find out what is available. If not, you should.

I hope you have been taking note of the Comments Lines for all meetings except Addington. As well, there have been very good interviews. One with Marcie Flipp very good. Also Mark and Philippa going through the fields providing more informatio as they did today.

I did Comments Lines some time ago now for a couple of months and they are/were very time consuming - several hours' work - but at least there was a payday at the end of the day. I am not at all sure this is the case at the moment. Just people trying to assist in providing the information for punters to have an informed bet and not just bet blindly.

It is called generating revenue. That is the life blood of the sport/industry we call Racing.

True what you say Jape and that lifeblood you speak of comes from the every day punter and the big wigs seem to have forgotten that along the way somewhere with their inferior offerings in terms of information a punter might use to increase the turnover part of that revenue equation. Punters don't like being taken for granted and treated like they are just mugs (hence the old saying "mug punter" I guess). If they  don't offer a good service alongside the product then they can't expect support from us no matter how much we love the sport itself.  You're dead right about the comments being time-consuming too.  I am sad to see racing dying a death by a thousands cuts due to mismanagement by the bean counters and so-called CEOs.

https://fobcms.tab.co.nz/sites/default/files/2020-05/Wanganui_Friday_22May.pdf

How good are these new formguides? Forget about form comments from some random stranger, now we have a guide that tells us how fast a dog jumped, whether it ran in or out, whether it got checked, and more. The five fastest recent runs at the course and distance are highlighted, races not at the course and distance are greyed out so you can focus on the most relevant races, the box record of each dog for the box they're jumping from today is highlighted (particularly handy for dogs in off the ballot).

Sure, you can't just read that somebody thinks the 4 will win and back it because they say so (though the commentator's top 4 picks in each race are given, if you're into just blindly following someone). But punting is supposed to be a puzzle and a mental exercise where, if you do well, you can make money.

Well done to the TAB/GRNZ/whoever else was involved in making these new, better formguides happen. Giving punters more info to help them solve the puzzle is FAR more important than giving them comments from someone who may or may not know what they're on about.

Wow Chik you weren't kidding,  they look very good.  Plus they had Zoom interviews with greyhound trainers on Trackside today.  As Jape said the form comments were there for Auckland and are already there for Addington Monday, Tuesday on the normal formguides.  And a Terminating Pick6 everywhere you turn.  Churchill was right about not wasting a good crisis!

On 5/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, chiknsmack said:

https://fobcms.tab.co.nz/sites/default/files/2020-05/Wanganui_Friday_22May.pdf

How good are these new formguides? Forget about form comments from some random stranger, now we have a guide that tells us how fast a dog jumped, whether it ran in or out, whether it got checked, and more. The five fastest recent runs at the course and distance are highlighted, races not at the course and distance are greyed out so you can focus on the most relevant races, the box record of each dog for the box they're jumping from today is highlighted (particularly handy for dogs in off the ballot).

Sure, you can't just read that somebody thinks the 4 will win and back it because they say so (though the commentator's top 4 picks in each race are given, if you're into just blindly following someone). But punting is supposed to be a puzzle and a mental exercise where, if you do well, you can make money.

Well done to the TAB/GRNZ/whoever else was involved in making these new, better formguides happen. Giving punters more info to help them solve the puzzle is FAR more important than giving them comments from someone who may or may not know what they're on about.

Excellent, chiknsmack, to see you are finding the Formguides so very useful, which they are. But do not dismiss so summarily the Comments Lines  which are not produced by "some random stranger". Those comments are there to help people looking for information about a greyhound race field. The more experienced punter, like yourself, may not need such information as "Wide runner not suited to box 1" because you already know that. For so many others, though, that is an informed comment on which the reader can then make her/his own judgement.