RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

The old Tab website,......in hindsight.

Was perfectly fine, the racing section on the new website is basically the same, maybe in reflection somehow they could  have upgraded the sports section but in reality the sports section is pretty poor, half the time it dont upgrade scores, change is good sometime but change sometimes is not always better.

16 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Was perfectly fine, the racing section on the new website is basically the same, maybe in reflection somehow they could  have upgraded the sports section but in reality the sports section is pretty poor, half the time it dont upgrade scores, change is good sometime but change sometimes is not always better.

I agree the premise for selling the new website was more betting options, particularly on sport. The NZ punter isn't really sophisticated enough to warrant doing that and that means your dependent on the o'seas market which has options galore. Thats without mentioning the usability of the site which is down right shocking.

It's a white elephant beyond anything that could have been imagined.

I look at a number of foreign news sites to see an alternative view of the news and also, to monitor foreign investments.  Her Indoors says I spend too much time on the internet.

But the one thing I have noticed is that the NZ TAB site is the slowest site to load up.  There is something weird there.  It is much quicker to load on my phone than it is on my laptop.

I must be unusual in that I don't have much trouble using the site. I do only have fairly straight-forward bets, although I got lured into Quaddies a couple of weeks ago when we had to pick two horses in each of those races in Sydney and Melb, and I managed that ok. It would have been annoying to pick the quaddie and not have a go.

The only problem I have is the races closing before they jump, which is very annoying if you are watching the race and think you still have a few seconds left to get your bet on.

being able to see the fluctuations is good doubt if they are accurate ive seen a few dodgy ones. the old site was better to much loading and that now you would think the new technology would have made things faster

23 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I must be unusual in that I don't have much trouble using the site. I do only have fairly straight-forward bets, although I got lured into Quaddies a couple of weeks ago when we had to pick two horses in each of those races in Sydney and Melb, and I managed that ok. It would have been annoying to pick the quaddie and not have a go.

The only problem I have is the races closing before they jump, which is very annoying if you are watching the race and think you still have a few seconds left to get your bet on.

When you are watching sky there is about a 2 or 3 second  lag it isn't actually live so in essence if you are betting on an exchange site musnt make it too easy.The site is fundamentaly fine but it's no better than the old site and for 50 million hard to understand,

55 minutes ago, mike28 said:

being able to see the fluctuations is good doubt if they are accurate ive seen a few dodgy ones. the old site was better to much loading and that now you would think the new technology would have made things faster

Do you find them useful in picking winners?

30 minutes ago, mikenz said:

When you are watching sky there is about a 2 or 3 second  lag it isn't actually live so in essence if you are betting on an exchange site musnt make it too easy.The site is fundamentaly fine but it's no better than the old site and for 50 million hard to understand,

Its awful usability / reliability /functionality /informative all terrible.

2 hours ago, Huey said:

Do you find them useful in picking winners?

If you followed the bets at the 'bool' you would see that the 'smart money' was more like 'demented dollars'.Favourites win 30% of the time so  if you study the form and it says go your own way rather than blindly following the market then I say go for it.The logic is simple , if you spend the same amount the returns are better on every horse other than the fave and you need fewer winners to break even , fewer winners to profit( that is my specialty, fewer winners). I find that when I do win it is a biggie, a lot better than any small collect on a fave with my limited budget

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

There was a 30-second lag at the Aussie hounds today. Not quite good enough...

Could you have taken advantage of the lag?

2 minutes ago, Huey said:

Isn't that why they are 20 sec behind?

If "they" are the nz tab website, and if they are 20 sec behind the event, make hay.

19 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

No. The race closed and then they jumped 30 seconds later.

Good, then the NZ tab website is doing what its supposed to do. 

12 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

Came a hot friday part 2

Yes I miss the old platform, It had holes in it that made winter enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, JOT said:

Good, then the NZ tab website is doing what its supposed to do. 

Yes, its good its doing what its supposed to. Easy punting when you already know the result. Even scooped the pool on one occasion. need to stay up late though.

I guess the TAB too embarrassed they keep it hush hush.