RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

We Might be in for a Shock

1 hour ago, Tony said:

There we go NZTR. I've saved you the cost of printing  a Trainers Monthly Book for July 

That's another saving on renewing our licence then... I presume we will get a 25% discount on next season since we haven't been able to run for what will be 25% of this season... 

9 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I don't think you get the picture Tony is painting

The races can be made up from Open nominations

I would imagine maidens would be sacrosanct and just maidens, and the others like with like

Mikie

One would hope so, so on a day like Wanganui with 2 jump races how many maidens and how many open and what distances. Then if they split jumps races to keep the that lot happy how many left for others. Normally when preparing a horse for a race you like to plan ahead not find out a few weeks before race available. 2yo in open?

10 minutes ago, Crow said:

One would hope so, so on a day like Wanganui with 2 jump races how many maidens and how many open and what distances. Then if they split jumps races to keep the that lot happy how many left for others. Normally when preparing a horse for a race you like to plan ahead not find out a few weeks before race available. 2yo in open?

At the end of the day if there are only 2 Open Class horses nominated then there would be no race for them I'd assume

It happens

Although ATC (harness) try to lump them in with cannon fodder and make it a Preferential Barrier Draw

I can't see that happening in the gallops although didn't Rough Habit from memory carry 72kg? And won?

I'm showing my age

Mikie

Just now, Mikie said:

At the end of the day if there are only 2 Open Class horses nominated then there would be no race for them I'd assume

It happens

Although ATC (harness) try to lump them in with cannon fodder and make it a Preferential Barrier Draw

I can't see that happening in the gallops although didn't Rough Habit from memory carry 72kg? And won?

I'm showing my age

Mikie

What's an open class horse ? If they get a horse 12 points over anything else they will all be weighted accordingly , it will be 6kgs above next horse . That's they way i read it , could be completely wrong .

I think Roughie carried 76kgs that day , and won easy . 

You will find out on Wednesday after acceptances who you are racing against on Friday or Saturday. If your horse is Rating 65, after acceptances on Wednesday you will find out if it is running against an Open horse on 90 points and carrying 55 kgs or it is top weight with 62 Kgs racing against horses rated down to 55. 

Jockeys and Trainers are going to love this system. It's pretty hard to get a Jockey to commit to a ride one week out. Jockeys won't know which horses to commit to.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

You will find out on Wednesday after acceptances who you are racing against on Friday or Saturday. If your horse is Rating 65, after acceptances on Wednesday you will find out if it is running against an Open horse on 90 points and carrying 55 kgs or it is top weight with 62 Kgs racing against horses rated down to 55. 

Jockeys and Trainers are going to love this system. It's pretty hard to get a Jockey to commit to a ride one week out. Jockeys won't know which horses to commit to.

I'm thinking the fields and weights will be set after noms, so you can engage jockeys at acceptance time or before. I don't think it's fair though to charge nomination fees if the proposed race doesn't suit weight wise say and you decide not to accept.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

I don't think it's fair though to charge nomination fees if the proposed race doesn't suit

I thought free noms for the rest of this season.

Must have a reread.

6 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Only free if you start.

6 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Not if you withdraw 

Is that fair if you nominate with intention to start and don't make a field.

You won't pay if you are balloted or eliminated. You will if you nominate but don't accept or accept and then scratch. That's the same as it was when we previously had free racing. I'm just saying it's trickier here when you don't know whether you'll be in a race at the top of the handicap with 63kgs or the bottom with 54kgs.

12 minutes ago, Huey said:

They are dreaming if they think a month of free noms and starter payments will help fix the sport, I'd be looking very hard at putting something in place for more than a month if they want to get any momentum out of this "initiative" of theirs .

I got the impression that similar for the first 4 months of the new season was likely but they were waiting on RITA to confirm funding. Until we know that though it's a bit hard to plan much about what to do with horses right now.

24 minutes ago, Nerula said:

I think TR have just looked at this from the proposition of not enough starters. Will the be flexible if that is not the case - and expand the program. Or can they only fund a 6 race program?

God knows.  But I sincerely hope that it is not stacked with 800 -1000m races.....

5 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

God knows.  But I sincerely hope that it is not stacked with 800 -1000m races.....

I wouldn't mind that at the moment but I get your point!

You'd think they'd at least have announced the planned numbers of races, class and distances i.e. mdn, open entry etc.

I think people are expecting 1600-2000m races in July.

8 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I think people are expecting 1600-2000m races in July.

Sweet , put them out as available distances , you'll soon find out if they have enough runners  to run a race . I would have thought it would have been easy enough to get in contact with trainers and ask what they all thought they would need in advance . Too much nouse needed for that ?

16 hours ago, Tony said:

It's also pretty hard to get trainers to commit to start one week out. Track conditions change, weather changes, lot of scratchings and you're left with 5/6 horse fields on half the card. But we'll see who's really committed to making this work.

I think it will work as an interim measure provided NZTR let it work. Already they are telling Trainers how to Train their horses. Next they will tell trainers where to place their horses. They should put up the distances including 2000 metres and let Trainers do their thing. Everybody will adapt.

I think there will be great opportunity for the horses high in the handicap. I would think one CD Trainer with his own Tracks and facilities and has plenty of horses will be smiling at the new weight scale.

Just to go back to Rough Habit carrying 76 kgs. Well under this system he would have carried 63Kgs then probably a 3 kg claim to 60kgs. It's just going to be a canter round for some of these horses. They could have one gallop a week on Saturday and pick 8K for the exercise.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

I think it will work as an interim measure provided NZTR let it work. Already they are telling Trainers how to Train their horses. Next they will tell trainers where to place their horses. They should put up the distances including 2000 metres and let Trainers do their thing. Everybody will adapt.

I think there will be great opportunity for the horses high in the handicap. I would think one CD Trainer with his own Tracks and facilities and has plenty of horses will be smiling at the new weight scale.

Just to go back to Rough Habit carrying 76 kgs. Well under this system he would have carried 63Kgs then probably a 3 kg claim to 60kgs. It's just going to be a canter round for some of these horses. They could have one gallop a week on Saturday and pick 8K for the exercise.

Yes I fear youre right , Can see a few horses getting away with multiple wins over the next few months.

4 hours ago, Blue said:

It's also pretty hard to get trainers to commit to start one week out. Track conditions change, weather changes, lot of scratchings and you're left with 5/6 horse fields on half the card. But we'll see who's really committed to making this work.

I think a fair few have an idea of what to expect at the tracks they are racing at in July though.

On 5/8/2020 at 5:13 PM, Nerula said:

Ive got one in the CD bot back before the lockdown. 3yo awaiting first start. Will be pissed off if she doesnt get going until she is a 4yo,

Hmmm...I've got shares in 2 x 3yo's and a yearling also . I doubt we'll get start until next season for the first two? :rcf-monkey:

On 5/7/2020 at 9:25 AM, We're Doomed said:

I see 1,069 horses nominated for three meetings when racing resumes in France on Monday. I hope we are ready if the same thing happens here. Perhaps we were all too harsh on Ascot Park; it could be big.

Couple of high quality horses  going tonight WD  and on an  ok time on trackside .Scottsass and Victor Ludorum .